Butterfly Hands

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

June 2017. Kwon had been in the military for one year already. To be honest, life now and then was very different, since I had two major upheavals in my life nearly one after another. For starters, Kwon, Seulong and Jinwoon all enlisted at very similar times, having decided to serve the military once and for all. Not the most conventional decision, but since when was 2AM the most conventional group anyway. So together with Kwon, I lost what had grown to be an increasingly significant part of my social circle.

BEG had also put out what might have been our explosive swansong right after 2AM enlisted. Of course, we all said that it wouldn’t be the end, and we would continue singing as a group. But at the back of my mind, I wasn’t all that sure. True, we had outlived a typical lifespan, but my unnies all wanted to start a family—completely understandable, might I add. If I were merely their teammate, I wouldn’t be all too pleased, but of course, they’re way more to me than that. And their happiness came first. Perhaps we would be able to put out more material later on, but in the foreseeable future, this was effectively our swansong. We had chosen to do a ballad, since it would be the most fitting end—a full circle—to the group that had started off as faceless vocalists.

Once promotions were wrapped up, my unnies immediately changed their focus to family, so they no longer had time for their maknae. So instead I spent time with family, dedicated myself to my solo career, and also helped the younger singers. And I finally managed to wrap up my studies. Thus was the pain of being the youngest by that big a margin.

 

Of course, I had taken a sudden interest in performing at military concerts, in hope that I would somehow get a glimpse of Kwon. After all, he was the one bound by all the military regulations, and I wouldn’t want him to break them. But there was no regulation saying that I couldn’t perform at military concerts with an additional vested interest. After all, it wasn’t as if I could accurately predict which one he would attend anyway. Interestingly, the agency never questioned me about this, and they just let me do as I wished.

 

Perhaps we weren’t fated to meet though, seeing that I had performed at several military concerts that he might attend prior but didn

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter