Rooftop Party?

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. And I think it's sufficiently clear, but italics in this chapter is Ga In on the phone. 

-

I touched down from a blast of a holiday with mom and dad. It was great, just the three of us, with no schedules (or military) to interrupt us. The unplanned nature of the entire trip was amazing, we went wherever caught our fancy, without feeling any need to cover everything. It was almost as if I was a kid again, something I quite fancied after living life as a soldier.

 

 

Once I returned to the dorm though, I was swiftly whisked off for a discussion involving future plans and 2AM’s comeback. Tentatively the comeback plans remained unchanged, and we would be in the recording room pretty soon. Then we went to listen to the prepared tracks which we would later need to choose from.

 

We finally had our 2AM reunion over dinner in the dorm, with Changmin hyung cooking, much to my delight. Stories were constantly swapped, as those discharged of the military do, and I finally understood Changmin hyung’s penchant for relating experiences from the military. I was finally a member of what felt like family again, instead of a part of a section, a platoon, a company*. I had an unabashed preference for 2AM.

 

“Oh, and Kwon-ah, we forgot to tell you, there’s going to be a JYPE party celebrating our discharge.” Seulong hyung mentioned, as Changmin hyung went to make dessert for us three ravenous souls.

“A JYPE rooftop party?”

“Nope, they decided that it was too typical, so they decided to book a suite in some hotel to celebrate.”

“I assume hyung and Jinwoonie are both going?”

“Of course, it’s a party for us!” Jinwoon piped, clapping his hands in excitement.

“It’s two nights from now. PM, miss A and Wonder Girls managed to clear their schedules.”
“All of them?”

“Well, except Jun.K stuck in military now.” While it was intended to be gleeful, Jinwoon delivered it with grin on his face that it was funny, "Well, and you know Sunye noona is in Canada now." 

“Oh that’s wonderful. I can’t wait to see them! I miss them so much.”

“Well, and if you were interested, I heard Jinyoung hyung is also coming.” Seulong helpfully added.

“How am I supposed to respond to that? Anyway, I’m definitely going.”

“Tell your girlfriend to come too.” Seulong adds in the most relaxed manner possible.

“What?” I all but squeaked. They normally referred to Ga In by her name, and while she was like part of the JYPE family, this was a JYPE party.

“Okay, I’ll take that back. Invite Ga Innie to tag along.”

“But you said it’s a JYPE party. It’s not a 2AM plus 2PM plus Wonder Girls plus miss A party.”
“In theory. But really, it’s the same thing. She’s like family anyway.”

“Of course she’s like family to you, hyung. If that wasn’t obvious.” Jinwoon scoffed.

“But she normally doesn’t come. This isn’t like a party where you can bring others?”

“Ga Innie doesn’t count as others.” Seulong drawled, sitting himself more comfortably on t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter