Back Into The Spotlight

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. And I'm aware this isn't the best chapter around. 

-

We agree just to be natural, and just do whatever we normally would in real life. He wouldn’t call me noona, just Ga Innie or Ga In-ah, even if people would pick up on it. We insisted on wearing our rings, throwing caution to the wind, because it was something we normally wear. No one picked up on our rings prior to this, consistent with our theory that we never make the news anyway. Seeing that I have a personal waiting room, Kwonnie couldn’t help but permanently station himself here. The script is almost non-existent in light of how rushed it was. Well, probably also their arguably somewhat misplaced face that ex-idols could handle a variety without a script. I believe it’s going to involve some kind of pairing, not the best sign, because they asked us to prepare a personal talent display.

 

We see the guests only when we arrive on set. It’s something of a surprise that we were in the dark, since we actually know a whole bunch of them. Okay, we know all the girls, YeEun, and Kota. The guys, well, I know Seungri. And who wouldn’t know Ryeowook?* With emcees Boom oppa and Kim Na Young. I don’t know how much money they spent scrambling to get these people on the show, since it’s a stronger lineup than I expected. I’m starting to think my manager’s comment that I would probably get decent screentime is inaccurate.

 

I graze the back of my hand against his, reassuringly before we separate to take our individual seats. With so little lead time, everyone’s just pulling out some form of old material and putting a new twist on it. I opt to do an acoustic version of my most recent solo release, because Kwon’s never seen me perform this particular song live. Without the dance, since I know Kwonnie wouldn’t appreciate it. Yet despite my best efforts, Na Young unnie badgers me to dance. I throw a glance at Kwonnie, and he nods ever so slightly in understanding. It’s quite y, and I hope he isn’t fuming in the back. Once I’m done, I whirr around only to see Kwon quickly rearrange his expression. But I’m glad that the expression that was previously on his face wasn’t anger.

 

Of course, Kwonnie opts to engage in his crazy dancing, something that he’s going to be permanently associated with. Someone cheeky has the gall to play Abracadabra. Despite the song being so old, Kwon laps it up anyway, much to the amusement of everyone else. Why it never gets old still eludes me, but I’m definitely thankful that it doesn’t.

 

As feared, the whole talent show thing culminates in a pairing game. Kwonnie shoots me a worried gaze, and I force a weak smile. Truth to be told, I’m worried too, but since we said were going to be natural, I was going to choose him either way. The best, or maybe worst, part was that YeEun and Kota probably are informed enough to know to steer clear. I didn’t think there would be any drama.

 

Today, they opted to let the boys offer flowers, much like those old fashioned pairing games. I didn’t think there would be any drama. I was right, so KBS can forget about having half the show dedicated to choosing pairings. Ryeowook went for YeEun, Seungri went for Kota, leaving the two of us.

 

“After everything!” Na Young unnie exclaims, while bowled over with laughter in her emcee spot. “Kwon, you won’t…” She was desperately struggling to maintain her composure, “Do you want to choose another girl?”

Kwon rearranges his amused expression to give her a perfectly serious glare.
“Look at his eyes! I guess not then.” Boom oppa cuts in to rescue the laughing ball that is Na Young unnie, before he erupts in laughter too.

I think the programme is going to have half the show filled with very random laughter though. Either way, we go back to our seats, after we take those ridiculous couple pictures with cringeworthy graphics.

“We’re going to have a quiz. A quiz on our ex-idols idol past.” Na Young unnie says, still shaky from the aftermath of laughing too much.

“Can you stop saying ex-idols!” Exclaims Seungri in mock irritation.

“Anyway, your partner has priority in answering. If he or she doesn’t know, then it’s open for everyone else to buzz in. The pair that gets the most questions right wins.” Boom oppa looks up at everyone, “Simple enough?”

YeEun’s hand goes straight up into the air, “I protest! It’s not fair!” She gestures at Kwon and I desperately. “They know each other!”

Kota immediately agrees, “Yes! They know each other. They’re definitely going to win.”

Kwon and I can only smirk at a corner while the girls stir up a ruckus, much to the bewilderment of the emcees.

“What do you have to say about this?” Boom oppa attempts to put on his serious face, but all I want to do is laugh because he looks ridiculous.

“Okay, we’ll take a penalty. Every question we answer is only half of theirs.” Kwon coolly proposes, because we know, it’s very possible that we’ll be able to win anyway. The emcees quickly spontaneously, seeing that the programme directors are in somewhat of a flurry.

The ruckus somewhat dies down, and the emcees quickly begin before anyone else raises hell. They drag me over to the emcee spot as it appears that the first round of questions are for Kwonnie. Kwon has that overconfident posture, leaning back leisurely in his ch

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter