Frighteningly Real

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Kwon wrote:

We have decided to quit the show on very short notice. Just earlier, Ga In noona and I were at a meeting at MBC. Reality hasn’t sunk in yet. I haven’t awoken to the fact that the next filming we have is going to be our last. It felt that it would go on indefinitely. I’m very saddened to leave. I don’t wish to. But I guess we have no choice, the BEG comeback has been postponed that many times, and they really do need to stage their explosive comeback soon. Though we deny it, WGM is inadvertently affecting our AML recording. We’re just no longer the pair of cute twins that the script demands of us. Having to do WGM, AML and other activities, in all honesty, is draining both of us.

But if you ask me, everything is excuses that all of us are giving. Our managements fear that we’re investing too much in WGM, and it’s going to permanently affect our image negatively. (It already has, the link between Kwon and Ga In is going to be next to impossible to erase). The WGM PD fears that the audience will get sick of us and the ratings will drop. (Who worries about the ratings before it drops, only think about it when it drops! Anyway, it’s not uncharacteristic to bleed the couples dry first.)

It’s really not about them, since three months more is not unreasonable, and pretty temporary. If we had said we wished to continue, I know we would have won out, because they insisted on our input before they weighed in on the issue. In truth, it was essentially our decision to drop it. Why? I was scared. It started feeling all too real.

 

I wrote:

Kwonnie and I decided to drop WGM. Whatever reasons we were giving were good. But that doesn’t change the fact that for me, the truth is I was seriously floundering in keeping reality and fantasy separate. The undeniable truth is, I’ve fallen for him. And before it’s too late, before it goes beyond the point of return, I need to extricate myself out of the situation. I’ll miss Kwonnie. But it’s better for me to get over him before I won’t ever be able to get over him.

I really think I’m a failure. It’s so ironic that the reason why I wrote his name down is because I thought I wouldn’t fall for him. But I have more affection for him than I ever have had for my ex-boyfriends.

 

“What’s funny is even though we’re both confused, we’re still essentially on the same page. We chose to leave WGM for very similar reasons.” Kwon sighs and stretches himself out on the bed.

“It got so frighteningly real.” I agree, and lie down beside him. I pick up his diary and continue reading the final entry during our run on WGM.

 

Kwon wrote:

I just returned from the last WGM recording with Ga In. Reality finally sank in when we were live on the radio announcing the end. I cried, Ga In cried. I don’t wish to leave. I miss recording so much, I’ll miss Ga In so much. It’s like yanking me up from a beautiful d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter