Intelligence and The Lack Thereof

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

It’s some time before 2AM and BEG converge back in the living room around the coffee table. By this time, the cheeky and playful people that they normally are are long back, evident from the twinkle in their eyes. Ga In sits herself at the far end of the couch, and Seulong hyung promptly plants his bum on the couch next to her. Much to my disappointment, might I note. She’s hugging her knees again.

 

“No wonder you post something like that, Kwon-ah.” Seulong hyung teases,  “Quite deliberate indeed. Not at all accidental.”

“No wonder hyung was so calm about the whole thing, even when we told you it was making its rounds on the internet.”

“No wonder I found Ga Innie’s ring familiar.” Jea noona puffs up her chest in pride, for what reason I do not know, since it’s only reflected the sheer extent of dullness.

“Now it’s time for us to grill the two of you.” Narsha noona rubs her hands together in anticipation, with that wicked grin on her face.

“Oh, why don’t you spare a thought for your babies?” Ga In laments, shaking her head in despair.

“Don’t worry, we’ve fed them well with Changmin’s food!” Jea noona pipes up, hand already buried in a container of snacks.

“I’d have to agree with Ga In-ah on this one.” Seulong hyung pauses for effect, “Let 2AM do it instead. You noonas can just sit and watch the show!”

“Okay.” Narsha noona readily agrees, hand now diving into the container of snacks that Jea noona is helping herself to.

“Why were we not informed about this major development.” Ong hyung pulls a menacing face, which cracks Ga In up.

“Because it’s so sickeningly obvious that I didn’t see a need to say it. I could tell right away when a similar development unfolded back then for you hyungs.” It was true, why they didn’t detect it earlier somewhat confounds me.

“You didn’t tot that ring of yours around.” Jinwoon extends an untrue allegation.

“Untrue.”

“How were we supposed to know, for someone like you, you have a decidedly large collection of rings.”

“Never did I purposely go out of my way to hide anything.” Which is very true.

“Allow me to interject here.” Jea noona cuts in, more politely than normal, “Ga In-ah, I guess you know now why we were feeling so apologetic towards Kwon-ah?”

“Noonas were apologetic?” I’m missing something here, I think.

“We overheard from Tae unnie that you went to look for her.” Jea noona admits, “And then I’m sure you know about Ga In’s valiant attempts to keep us off promoting.”

“I think you’d ought to be, but more apologetic towards your kept in the dark husbands.” Changmin hyung responds.
“She told me that she told me all of you noonas were seriously incorrigible, but didn’t want anything to happen to you. So it’s hi to variety again.” I shrug.

“You’re not angry at us?” Miryo noona seems to be puzzled.

“Don’t worry unduly about them, oppa.” Ga In voices, “They know my unnies are like that.”

“Would it make any difference if I was?” Conspiratorial smirk to poke fun at the BEG noonas.

“Well, if you were really upset, I guess we could, you know, work something out.” A bashful Jea noona.

“Come on, say you’re really upset!” Urges an excited Seulong hyung.

“Don’t give him ideas, Ong.” Ga In mildly says, then continues, “I knew when you’ll mentioned Tae unnie.”

“You see!” Miryo noona smacks Narsha noona on her shoulder, “You spoilt it for her!”

“It wasn’t me! It was Jea!” Narsha noona pushes the blame to someone else very efficiently.

“It was you, Narsha!” They don’t look like mothers at all when they’re playing like this. Apparently the rest of 2AM doesn’t think so either, and Ga In’s burying her head in her hands.

“No one spoilt anything.” Ga In’s hushed confession brings an immediate stop to the scapegoat finding.

“What do you mean, Baby-G?” Miryo noona blinks, twice at Ga In.

Ga In shrugs, “How do you think I was sure you didn’t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter