Bad Timing, Jinwoon

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Still Seulong's point of view. 

-

The front door clattered open, and the maknae came noisily into the dorm.

 

“Kwon hyung!” Jinwoon greeted enthusiastically, without as much as looking up. Only to look up and be utterly stunned, “Ga In. Noona.”

“Jinwoonie!” The moment Ga In turned her back to him, Jinwoon began furiously gesticulating at her, then at Kwon, asking for an explanation.

“Isn’t it a bit early, noona?” Jinwoon asked, bewildered.

“Meaning?”

“You don’t normally come to our dorm.” Jinwoon’s hand gestures were becoming bigger and bigger as he tried to explain himself, much to my amusement.

“Am I not welcome?”

“No. No, not at all noona. You’re always welcome.” Jinwoon squeaked.

“You seemed puzzled, Jinwoonie.” She spoke as if there was no reason for him to be. He had every reason to be.

“Well, noona. Aren’t those Kwon hyung’s clothes?” He stuttered. I nearly slapped myself in stupidity—I hadn’t realised that Ga In was in fact wearing Kwon’s clothes.

“Yeah.” Ga In’s façade of calm was stunning.

“Isn’t that puzzling enough?”

“Well, Jinwoonie, I drank way too much last night. So Kwon had no choice but to lug me to your dorm, because Jea unnie and her fiancé are at my place.” She is such a story spinner.

“And so?”

“I was feeling sticky when I woke up this morning, and decided to take a shower. But I didn’t have any extra clothes, obviously.”

“Jinwoon-ah, do you expect her to be able to wear anyone else’s clothes?” Well, her story made some degree of sense.

Jinwoon laughed awkwardly, “I guess not.” Ga In was sure having fun teasing the maknae.

“So Jinwoonie, should hyung ask you if you had a good time yesterday?”

“I did!” Jinwoon beamed, settling down the couch next to me.

“While I was stuck in the dorm taking care of a drunk!” Kwon pretended to grouse. He had to be pretending.

“You didn’t have to. Don’t sound like you were compelled to.”

“Sure thing, so was I supposed to just leave you there for the other drunkards?”

“Well, don’t look at me like that, Kwon-ah. I told you to take her to dinner then take her home. Not let her drink and bring her to our dorm.” I quickly absolved myself of all guilt.

“Noona, you must be aware that Kwon hyung is too much of a gentleman to do that.” Jinwoon chose to stand up for Kwon, which I predicted would get him many praises later.

“Anyway, have you eaten breakfast?” I asked, but Jinwoon seemed to be absorbed in something else. His eyes narrowed into nothingness.

“No, something is definitely amiss.” He insisted, “The boxes are missing. And it doesn’t sit right that Kwon hyung would bring Ga In noona back to our dorm. Ga In noona I know wouldn’t just wear hyung’s shirt because she felt sticky. She would go home. Not only that, the air is wrong.” Jinwoon finished his staccato paced speech and looked for a response.

“Okay, okay, these two are just playing. The story is nothing like that, you ask them.” Jinwoon triumphantly looked at me, and then expectantly turned towards Kwon.

“I think it’s quite obvious right?” Kwon evaded the question, “You’re smart, maknae.”

“They slept together.” Jinwoon’s jaw drops open the moment the line leaves my mouth. He gapes at Kwon. Then Ga In. Then Kwon.

 “Im Seulong! You want to die?” Ga In threatened, a finger aggressively jabbed in my direction.

“No, seriously. There is no way.”

“Literally.” I very belatedly added.

Jinwoon breathe

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter