Long Overdue

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

On this, I do get a call from the Public Relations department not long after, to ask what on earth transpired. I explain that Ga In was already aware of the situation, and we didn’t intend to deny it. Yeo insisted that we meet Ga In and Tae this evening anyway.

 

So that evening, we sneak into the Nega building, and wait in one of the offices for Ga in to finish helping the newer groups. Ga In and Tae arrive soon after. I know this Tae, she’s the same one that handled all our issues during our run on WGM. Funnily enough, Yeo is the same guy, and they happen to get along pretty fine.

 

“We’re finally having this long overdue meeting.” Quips Yeo as he extends a handshake.

“Still the same people, just many years later. Familiar isn’t it?” Replies Tae humorously.

“This really should have been done eons ago.” Yeo shakes his head, clicking his tongue while looking at two of us.

“Couldn’t. Ga In-ah officially informed the agency only this morning.” Tae sighs dramatically.

“Same. Even though it’s an open secret.” Yeo continues to make us feel somewhat bad.

“I think I’m supposed to be anxious and worried, but for some reason I’m totally relaxed today.” Chuckles Tae.

“Like I’m being paid to do no work whatsoever today. An excuse for dinner.” Yeo promptly agrees, “From what I understand, we don’t mind if it becomes public knowledge?” But he starts clarifiying the underlying situation quickly.

“Nega’s absolutely fine with it. We’re all secretly waiting for it to happen. Not because of the commercial ramifications, but it’s our personal wish to see it become public.” Tae giggles after she’s revealed what might be too much information.

“We’ve given up waiting.” Yeo shifts, a tad uncomfortable, “Though we were the ones who told Kwon here that we’d rather it not be announced until after his solo.” He now shifts his attention to me, “We’re all surprised that you didn’t announce it the moment your solo was done.”

“Same here!” Tae enthusiastically agrees with Yeo. “The hardships of being in public relations. I was waiting for Kwon to pay me a visit the day he wrapped up his solo!”

“I don’t get why you’re complaining, unnie!” Ga In whines, “In fact, I don’t even see why we even need to meet.” This sentence is whispered, and for a good reason too.

“’Cause this stubborn Ga In has already decided what she’s going to do.” Tae sighs dramatically once again, “I don’t even know why I’m here, since this girl always gets her way, no matter what.”

“Then JYPE just had to go along with her story if Nega refuses to compromise.” Yeo again, agrees. What are they forming, a tag team? “The only way out is to ask Kwon to persuade her, but I don’t think it’s happening.”

Tae puts the blown up picture on the table, “So, you two, how do you wish to deal with this crisis, that really isn’t one?”

Yeo adds in the blown up photo that Ga In posted up on her minihompy, “I notice that there are also polaroids of you two in the background.”

“Don’t deny it. It’s more than slightly difficult to deny. Anyway the agencies are cool with us announcing it.” Ga In answers immediately, with that strength in her voice. A strength that comes out whenever she’s working.

“That’s nice, we’re spared of coming up with really creative reasons why Ga In and Kwon are dressed like that at the pool.” Yeo is visibly relieved.

“Actually, that’s still not extremely difficult. But if you could be bothered, you can vaguely decipher what the caption at the bottom of the polaroid says. That, I think, no matter how experienced or creative a public relations officer you are, you can’t get around that.” Tae manages to produce another

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter