Black Swan

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Impatient banging on the door, and Yeoreum is hauled upstairs for the winner announcement. She grips on to us, and effectively drags us along with her. We are forced to stop our discussion due to the sheer openness of the stage, but Yeoreum’s suspicious glare doesn’t let up. I’m zoning out when a piercing shriek wakes me from my daze.

 

“Unnie! You won!” Yells Yeoreum who pushes me to the front.


Another miracle. And we were so sure history wouldn’t repeat itself. It just repeated itself the next day. Unbelievable. This time though, emotionally, I’m more prepared for it, and I manage to hold back my tears for later. The emcee shoves the microphone in my direction, and Kwonnie wishes for me to do the speech.

 

“To be honest, we didn’t expect commercial success or critical acclaim. Most of the songs included would never have made it out of the recording room. So we’re immensely grateful to the rare chance that JYPE, LOEN and Nega offered us, to do an album together. It’s likely a once in a lifetime opportunity, so being recognised for something that really means a great deal to both of us, is extremely flattering. We’re very thankful for the fans who have supported us for so many years. For the many people who have helped us along the way, you know who you are, please know that we’re always grateful.” Kwonnie nudges me slightly in the ribs, and tilts the microphone towards himself.

“I love you, 2AM!” He declares, I presume making up for him reminding me to shoutout to BEG, but not doing so for 2AM. Then he raises the trophy high above his head.

The emcees break it up, to do their closing ritual, before our song plays again. Once more, the stage is awkwardly empty. There are no JYPE or Nega groups currently promoting, so it’s left to Kwonnie and I to feebly attempt to electrify the stage. Especially when I feel the emotions threatening to choke me once again. We attempt not to botch this encore stage, we try to sing the lines like we’re supposed to, and have the presence of mind to insert shoutouts to all the fanclubs that still exist. What is really touching is that the cheering exceeds what it should be, and there actually exist fans of other idols cheering for us. It’s disorientating for someone as controversial as me—who’s bashed for my (possibly excessively) y persona, and also bashed by Kwonnie’s fans. This kind of support for Kwonnie and I is something I’ve not experienced for a long time.

 

Perhaps for that reason, I’m unable to keep it in and break down right after the . Kwonnie edges over to wrap me in a hug, but it’s not long before we’re on track to finish the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter