They Didn't Say

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. I apologise for the narration 

-

End August to Mid September 2019

 

So we conclude our promotions on music shows. We belatedly find out that JYPE managed to sell out the first batch of albums that were printed, and had wound up printing a second batch. Which in hindsight probably explains why Yeoreum was lamenting that it was sold out.

 

Jinyoung hyung manages to recoup all the money that he shelled out for us to put together the album. It indeed does turn in a net profit. And a pretty significant one at that, probably something way beyond what we were expecting. Probably more than what JYPE and LOEN thought they were negotiating for. Then they conveniently inform Ga In and I that they hadn’t yet divided the profits between both of us. The conversation went really hilariously, because they seemed afraid of comparing both of us directly to decide how to split it fairly. Ga In wound up telling that we would take it as a personal issue, and just make a distinction between our earnings as artists and that of behind the scenes works.

 

We wound up very gladly splitting the earnings in half between us. At that point, I hadn’t understood why Ga In would want the earnings split that way. Later, I discovered that she donated her entire earnings as an artist from this particular project. She wanted to keep the money within Korea—charity begins at home, she said, and there definitely are destitute and the suffering within Korea itself. She didn’t want to donate a lump sum of money to a singular cause, so she split the money into multiple parts and donated it to a bunch of small charities1. I know she contributed a part of her earnings from behind the scenes work, but I’m not entirely sure how much. We don’t have a habit of nosing around each other’s financial affairs. Funnily enough, I happened do the complete opposite, and channeled all my money into a singular cause—what Sunye was heavily involved in overseas.

 

Besides that, the bomb that I dropped happens to go down pretty well with most of the Korean public. For once, I’m not flooded with negative comments. This time, it’s full of sunshine and positivity. I adore how the most popular comment is Jo Kwon <3 Ga In, complete with the cute heart. I mean, the heart is but a normal one, but in my eyes it’s absolutely adorable. Then comes the gamut of comments saying that we match to a tee and wish us happiness. Some others telling me that I’m lucky—I don’t need anyone else to tell me that—and I must take care of Ga In. Again, I don’t need anyone to tell me that, I know! Thankfully, they have no illusions that Ga In’s little.

 

 

Of course, there’s a fair share of cheeky comments, which aren’t malicious, so it’s fine. Things like our children will definitely be Adam. There are comments referencing the iest moments in her career together with my supposed reaction. Some of which are regrettably accurate. There are loads of comments claiming that they knew it all along. Well, how would I know, it’s sure easy to claim that you knew it all along after it happened.

 

 

Initially, we thought that we would be able to take a breather after we concluded promo

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter