Housefly

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. I've decided to italicise everything that's written. 

-

The onslaught of entries about me doesn’t stop, which is unexpected for me. I imagined she would stop writing about me, or at least so much, but apparently I’m wrong. Sometimes she writes of disappointment that she can’t spend more time with me because of our packed schedules, yet she acknowledges that both of us are inherently career oriented, so it’s quite unavoidable. Sometimes she writes of guilt because she unleashed her frustration on me. Not that I can blame her, since she also takes similar nonsense from me. We have a very strange habit of unloading frustration and worries on each other, perhaps because we are a decent source of objective outsider opinion. Yet we happen to know exactly what the other person wants to hear. Sometimes she just worries about the future in general, though entries of this kind seem to have diminished over the years.

 

When I enlist, she happened to write even more about me, especially when her unnies all get married. She’s very lonely. Normally people will advise you to spend more times with your friends when something like this happens. But it so happens that all her friends are also otherwise engaged. She speaks of emptiness and longing.

 

Then a few months after my departure, Housefly realises that she doesn’t seem to be occupied anymore. Ga In writes that he’s a nice guy provides her with company and entertainment when no one else has time for her. I would be completely fine with that, and perhaps even grateful, if he didn’t like her, but he did and has for some time. In my books, Housefly just got more aggressive. 

 

Reading between the lines, I gather that she has to some degree, started leaning on him. Almost akin to a close guy friend, again, I recognize this as something uncommon because she doesn’t open up to people that quickly. Only much later does she recognize that she’s starting to use Housefly as an emotional crutch to fill the vacuum that I left behind. Ga In thinks she shouldn’t do this. While she’s not cheating on me, she’s becoming closer to a guy who she’s aware likes her—even though she’s made it very clear to Housefly that she has a boyfriend currently serving the military. Of course, she correctly guesses that I wouldn’t be a big fan of the idea. She winds up cursing herself for being this weak when I was that much stronger.

 

Anyway, the status quo holds for some length of time while she tries her luck at finding me. Until one fine day where the Housefly tries to kiss her. Thank goodness she roughly shoves him away. She next to cuts contact with him after that incident. Supposedly because while the empty ache persists, she knows that she cannot continue living like that.

 

One thing I greatly appreciated was that she let me read her entire diary during the period of time that I was in the military, even though she could just have easily flagged mentions of the Housefly. On the page where she mentions cutting contact with him, she affixed a note.

 


Ga In wrote:

It’s probably strikes you as strange that I didn’t flag anything i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter