Wet Blanket

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

“Unnies, you’ll are all wet! Should I get something for you to change into? Do you need me to drive you home?” Words of concern keep spilling out of my mouth.

“Baby-G, you’re worrying excessively again.” Miryo unnie chides affectionately.

“I need to make sure that you all get home safe and sound.” I insist, “Are you really okay?” I start gathering their belongings from around the waiting room and start packing their bags.

“Ga In! We’re all just well and fine. Stop worrying about us. We’ll make it home just fine.” Jea unnie firmly states and I slink back somewhat before continuing to pack.

“Except somewhat insulted at the name-calling.” Narsha unnie continues, “But really not too affected, since what they say holds no weight in my eyes.”

“Sorry noonas. I couldn’t take care of you well enough.” Mumbles Kwonnie under his breath, head hung low.

“You silly boy.” Jea unnie hits his head lightly, “You did the best thing for us noonas, before we got into a fight with them delinquents.”

I pick up all their bags, and Kwonnie helps me carry some. “Unnies, we’ll send you to your cars.” To this they obediently stand up and oblige.

 

Finally, we Miryo unnie to her car, put her things in the backseat, and shut the door. She waves to us as she drives off. This then leaves us to head back to the waiting room to collect our stuff. Kwon sighs sadly as we walk in silence. Kwonnie always gets very beat up whenever things of this nature occur, I guess some hurt just stays with you forever. Part of the reason I sent Kwon to bring the unnies back was because I don’t think I could do a very good job at it, the other part was I could already predict what they were going to say about me, but not so to Kwon. No one has bashed Kwonnie this badly for a long time already.

 

We’re within the safety of the waiting room right now, but there’s too many things to be said. I won’t want him to be affected while driving later on, so I put it off until we get back to his dorm. The trip is spent in suffocating silence, with me fiddling with my phone. I so much wish to say something to comfort him, but he won’t pay full attention if he’s driving. Kwonnie doesn’t give me any chance to get a word in as he slinks off to the bathroom.

 

“Kwon-ah.” He sure spent a long time in the bathroom, seeing that I’m done before him. He sits down on his chair, completely abnormal might I note, since his normal reaction is placing himself right next to me.

“Sorry. I can’t take care of you.” He whispers, looking at the floor again.

I shake my head, pull his chair towards the bed, and start toweling his hair dry. Something he finds reasonably comforting.

“I trust you to. I know you can. If I really was in danger, I know you would fight.” Maybe it’s blind faith, but I just trust that Kwonnie would.

“I would. But I wish I could protect you and take care of you better. It’s like I can’t give you a sense of security. Like I’m a little boy.”

“You do, Kwon-ah. You do.” Don’t know how to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter