Fiction vs Reality

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Kwonnie manages to snag the earliest timeslot of the day, which really isn’t all too surprising seeing that no one wishes to wake up that early in the day, especially on a weekday. But that’s suitable for us, seeing that we’re attempting to avoid the press as far as possible. Though we do feel sorry for our exceedingly few guests, they’re likely close enough to know why we wish to do it this way. We do a fairly normal thing of having our witnesses as Kwonnie’s mom and my mom.

 

We do everything required of us easily. Answer all the questions with little hesitation. No cold feet here, I’m certain this is what I want. That’s one step closer to where I want to be. Sign the papers as prettily as possible, after all, I’ll only be doing this once. I have no intent of doing it again, ever. Exchange rings, once again, we’ve chosen black onyx on palladium, since both of us love how it looks. Kwonnie’s trembling. The minister finally declares something I’ve been wanting to hear for the longest time. When it’s finally said out loud, it finally becomes real. The realization sinks in so suddenly the emotion overwhelms me.

 

The only thing that I’m aware of is the look in Kwonnie’s eyes. That I’m not alone in this. The minister says one thing, but it’s not like we give a hoot. Kwon throws his arms around me tightly and I instinctively lean against him. Silent tears finally fall. These tears are purely happy ones.

 

“Don’t cry.” Kwonnie whispers comfortingly. How he knows for sure that I’m crying eludes me, since he can’t see my face and I’m not sniffing.

“I’m happy.”

“Me too.” He says, as he releases me from his embrace.

 

He knows because he’s crying too. The minister gives us a quizzical look, but proceeds professionally like he should, presenting the certificate. Though it genuinely sounds funny, it’s nevertheless emotional.

 

It then slides into a flurry of phototaking, so I quickly swipe the tears from my face. Really, the formal phototaking is over in a flash since there are only that many of us to begin with. So it degenerates into informal photos with anyone who wishes to crash the photo. Kwonnie insists on taking a polaroid.

 

“Hm.” The minister emits a redundant oral sound, “I’ve been itching to ask.”

“Yes?” Kwon accedes easily.

“You two are the singers right? Jo Kwon, Ga In?”

“Those indeed are the names you’ve been saying.” I reply, since offering our names really doesn’t represent any degree of knowledge.

“2AM? Brown Eyed Girls?” The ministers must have decided to show that he indeed knew us outside of our names.

At this, Kwon decides to give a proper answer, “Ah yes.”

“From the variety show. Adam.” He furnishes further information that suggests he’s been reading the entertainment news. “I thought it was supposed to be the 20th?”

“That’s what we told the media. Reception’s tomorrow.” Kwon directly answers.

“Okay, I got it.” The minister smiles, “I can’t believe it though. I just officiated such an exciting marriage! An honour, really. Two wonderful singers with an epic background.”

I chuckle, “It’s not really epic. You exaggerate.”

At this juncture, Ong bounces over, “Minister! You know two of them right?”

“And I know you too.” The minister replies, “My wife’s a fan. When I told her that there was a suspicious one between a certain Jo Kwon and Son Ga In, she told me to get autographs.”

Kwon shrugs, “Looks like we have an unexpected fansign for a single fan.” Ong answers favourably after Kwon doesn’t express disapproval.

The minister manages to produce an album from his briefcase, much to our amusement. Ong passes it around to get the album signed.

“Just saying, you two are pretty unique characters. Your wedding rings don’t look like wedding rings. You’ll definitely don’t look like you’ve practiced at all. What you’re wearing don’t look like wedding attire to me. Not to mention, you’ll can’t follow the simplest instructions.”

We can only laugh sheepishly in response.

“But really, congratulations.”

 

 

Then all of us head to Kwon’s parent’s house, where we expect more guests to join us. Kwonnie and I are taking different route back to avoid any potential problems.

 

“Ga Innie!” Kwonnie’s being all cute, “You’re mine now. Kwonnie’s girl.” He pauses for a moment to shake i

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter