Spoilt

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

By the time we arrive at Changmin hyung’s house, it’s already bustling with activity. From Changmin hyung preparing food in the kitchen, to Ong hyung looking for people to play the new electronic game with him, to the BEG noonas playing cards on the floor. That noisy façade quickly gives way to something even noisier when they become aware that we’ve arrived.

 

Ong hyung is the quickest to scurry over to my side, “What was that, Kwon-ah? You posted something else on twitter!” He exclaims as he pulls me to sit on the sofa.

“Don’t tell me that was another accident!” Jinwoon swiftly joins him, “How could you not have learnt your lesson, Kwonnie hyung?” Ga In drifts off to join her unnies.

“You thought it was an accident?” I’m again taken aback by their reaction. I thought it was pretty obvious that I posted it on purpose.

“What else could it be?” Seulong hyung scoffs unthinkingly, much to my amusement. “Why are you so calm about it? Don’t even think about passing that off as a fashion ring.”

“Especially with which finger you were wearing it on.” Jinwoon drawls, shaking his head, like I’m in some major trouble.

“Why are two of you fretting about it?” I ask in the most laid-back manner possible.

“I really don’t know how two of you managed to keep anything under wraps for years!” Ong hyung exclaims, disgruntled, “You’re so careless! I know, sometimes you wear your fashion rings on this finger. But that sure didn’t look like a fashion ring! You have to be more careful, Kwon-ah!” He continues his lecture, with purely good intentions.

I shrug, “It wasn’t a fashion ring.”

“All the more you should steer clear of that finger!” Jinwoon joins his hyung in telling me off.

“I see no problem with that whatsoever.” I flatly proclaim.

Ong hyung clicks his tongue, “I shouldn’t be surprised. It’s precisely because two of you didn’t follow rules, that’s why you’re even together.”

“Let’s just hope it doesn’t blow up any further.” Jinwoon sighs resigned, “Though it’s making its rounds online already.”

 

Is the truth that inconceivable?

 

However, things go back to how they were before, Ong hyung is convinced instead that it’s more fun to play cards with the BEG noonas, and we all indulge in card games. Changmin hyung is finally done cooking, and with that we instantly abandon cards for food. Praises for Changmin hyung’s food does not stop, because his mouth-watering food—no, more like cuisine—is genuinely deserving of such high praise. My taste buds have been pampered during the years Changmin hyung was living in the dorm.

 

Jea noona momentarily stops stuffing the beef into . Changmin hyung has cooked an especially big portion for Jea noona, knowing her immense love for meat. She stares in Ga In’s direction, her eyes narrowing to slits.

 

“Ga In-ah. You have a new ring.” Jea noona comments.

Ga In scarcely looks up at her, “Yeah.”

“It looks familiar.” Jea noona mumbles, eyebrows furrowing. I think she’s trying to recall where she’s seen it before. “I must be hallucinating.” She concludes after some deliberation, and goes back to stuffing beef into .

 

Yet again, no one seems to realise, put two and two together. I have a fleeting impulse to scream in frustration.

 

The chatter around the

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter