The Classic Question

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. Filler-ish. Don't say that I didn't say it :< 

-

Early dinner dispensed with, we now headed back to the cars.

 

“So we have the classic question” Started Buk’s father, “Do you think that military service is beneficial?”

“I hated it while I was in there two weeks ago. But then when the end was finally in sight, I was actually thinking back of the fond memories.”

“So let’s say, next time, if you have a son, would you want him to go to military?”

“Of course!” Buk answered instantly, “It’s not as if there is a choice, and I don’t think there will be a choice next time anyway.”

“Can I say something politically incorrect? Personally, it wasn’t beneficial.”

“Seriously?” Buk blinked twice in surprise.

“Yeah.” I kicked a stray pebble into the grass, “But I don’t think my experience is common.”

“He grew up young.” Mom commented quietly, “And he gets his fair share of hurtful press.”

“To the second question though, I agree with Buk. But I’ll make him go while he’s young, it’s more beneficial that way.”

“Now that we’ve spoken about it, you are the one with the crazy dancing on variety right?” Buk’s father was obviously treading carefully, I simply nodded in response, “Honestly, you seem like the most ditzy thing on the planet. Yet you’re here saying that military wasn’t beneficial.”

“It’s true that I am a hyperactive child on variety. Let’s just say that there is way more to me than just the crazy dancing. Who I am outside and inside is very different.”

“Yes, that’s true!” Buk nodded enthusiastically in agreement, “Kwon hyung has two very distinct sides to him, though he prefers to show his happy-go-lucky side.”

 

We soon after bid our farewells as we’ve arrived at the cars. Strangely, Buk’s mother heads over to mom and dad.

“Buk has told me so much about Kwon. What a good person and role model he is. You really have a wonderful son. Also, offscreen, Ga In has been nothing but pleasant. I don’t know what you think, and I shouldn’t interfere, but I would want a daughter-in-law like her.”

Okay, Buk’s mother has extremely efficiently embarrassed both Ga In and I. While I’m quite glad that she said that, I probably appreciated it less that she said it in front of both of us. 

 

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter