Kids Escaping Detection

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

We end up slurping drinks while lounging in beach chairs and then getting back into the pool to play (still kids), before realizing that it was high time that we prepared for the JYPE party. Again, I was relaxed on another beach chair, since the one previously used was wet, using my phone. Sunye’s gift because my previous phone was obviously out of date, and she felt bad about not being in Korea when I was discharged.

 

Looking at Ga In who finally approached from a distance, I realised we would get discovered. Her hair was damp. I ran my fingers quickly through my hair, and to my dismay, it smelt of chlorine. She plopped down next to me.

 

“Kwonnie, I think they’re going to find out.” She took the words right out of my mouth.

“We smell of chlorine, not to mention that our hair is wet.”

“Yeah. And I rather they not find out. No wishes for them to keep prodding.”

“Let’s go and drop the incriminating evidence in the car first though, then think about the rest.” Ga In attempted to towel dry her hair as much as possible.

 

So off we go, scurrying to the car, almost like little kids sneaking out to play and trying to avoid detection. Luckily I had the presence of mind to park the car in the top deck of an aboveground carpark nearby, in the most deserted corner.

 

Standing outside the car, Ga In enjoys the evening breeze, “We still have some time, my hair should be only slightly damp by then, especially with the breeze.”

“Hopefully this removes the chlorine smell too.”

“I was intelligent enough to bring perfume. But whether you wish to use it is a completely different discussion altogether.”

“Their imaginations will go into overdrive as to why I smell of your perfume.”

“So my perfume versus chlorine.”

“I really should have used stronger smelling body wash and shampoo.” She suddenly climbed into the back seat to rummage through her bag, and I peered curiously at her.

“BEG’s swansong album. And my albums.” She passed me a paper bag.

“You autographed and wrote messages for me right?” I reached inside to pull out one album, and she caught hold of my arm to stop me.

“I did. I wrote what I was really feeling at that time. Things that I really want you to know, but you may only want to read it when you’re very emotionally stable.”

“I don’t see what requires me to be emotionally stable. Maybe except,” She cheated on me, she wanted to break up, she’s lesbian, I think, but I bite my tongue. “No, you wouldn’t even let me say these things out loud.”

“Don’t read it in front of me.”

“Okay, I’ll read it quietly on the other side of the car.”

 

 

Swansong, perhaps*: I’m writing this after we’ve concluded promotions for what might be our swansong, and my unnies have since abandoned their dear maknae. Of course, I’m nothing but over the moon for them. The perils of being too young, I’m sure you know what I mean. Especially when I see my blissful unnies with their husbands. I’m lonely, Kwon-ah. I wish you were here, but I know this is for the best. It’s difficult to lose you, my unnies and Seulong literally all at once.

 

Kwon-ah, I promised to wait for

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter