190509

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. Read with a forgiving eye :x 

-

“Why are you such a silly boy, Kwonnie? Of all days to choose, you had to choose this one. You don’t realise how many horrid memories this particular day holds for me, do you?” I don’t know if she’s scolding me or whining.

“I knew what I was doing. The day you pushed that worthless idiot off you and ran out of the room. You were scarred by the incident. Then by some sick coincidence, also the day the second one shouted at you in your own house then nearly got violent. Stopped by your dad, who later screamed at you really badly.”

“How do you know?”

“You get nightmares. I went to check the dates from your diary.”

“Then why? You really are so silly.” She says that but has such a gentle smile on her face.

“If those episodes prevent me from earning your trust, then I really need to work harder. If I were only interested in you agreeing at all costs, I would have the whole thing very differently.”

“Kwon-ah, I’m really sorry. For hurting you again. I don’t know why I can’t do it the way I wish to, and it frustrates me.” She’s fidgeting so much, “But I’m just so scared. And the fact that you chose this day in particular makes me so frightened that we’ll end up like—” She draws a breath. Getting emotional again. “That. I don’t want that. I don’t want that.”

I gather Ga In in my arms again to soothe her, “No. It won’t happen. That won’t happen.”

“Why did you have to purposely chose today, Kwon-ah? You should full well know that you can’t really work much harder.”

“I don’t want it to haunt you anymore. Don’t want you to get anymore nightmares. Don’t want these bad memories to keep swirling around in your head. I want to help you forget. The only thing I want you to remember is you have a cutie, sweet, softie boyfriend who loves you more than anything, and today he proposed.”

“I have a gorgeous boyfriend who I love more than anything and today he proposed. That’s what’s important. Not those idiots.” She says it, like she’s trying to drill it into her head.

“That’s right, Ga Innie. That’s right.”

“Only my gorgeous boyfriend is important. Not those idiots. I’ll remember that. I’ll remember that.” I may not have succeeded, but it’s still not that bad.

“And I love you.”

She holds both my hands and looks me sincerely in the eye, “You dropped a bomb, Kwonnie. I didn’t expect that from you. So I babbled nonsense. All that doesn’t mean anything. Do you know how much more frightened I got when you tried to close the box? I don’t know why it took me so long to recover from the shock. To remember that you were different. To remember that I definitely could trust you. To remember that I’ve been waiting for this.”

“I know. I know, maybe I shouldn’t have brought you to water park. Then to some random place to eat dinner. Then come back to your place.”

“Who ever does things like this?” Ga In chuckles, now relaxed, “Someone normal would have probably planned a romantic date, immaculately dressed, arrive with a bouquet of flowers. Yeah something like that.”

“Reserve a table at some fancy high class restaurant. Throw in the wine of course. Then drop the bomb over dessert. Oh, but it won’t even be a bomb, because you would have smelled a rat from miles away.”

“That doesn’t sound like us. And yes, I think I would have guessed as much.”

“Now I feel less guilty.”

“It’s okay, you’re perfect anyway.” She scuttles off the bed and picks up my bag from the floor. Then she starts rifling through my bag, and finally pulls out another velvet box. “I knew you would buy one for yourself too.” She winks impishly at me while easing the box open. I snatch it from her, force the box open, swipe the ring and shove it onto my finger.

“Revenge.” I playfully explain, “I didn’t have a chance to put it on you, so I have no choice to put on my o

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter