A Bit Much

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. (Sometimes I really wonder why don't I just write KWON in the middle and stop having to write whose point of view it's from :x) 

-

The ringing doorbell wakes me from my slumber at around dinnertime. I rush out to greet who I assume is Ga In, and once she shuts the door, I throw myself into her arms.

 

“Ga In-ah!” I yelp, “I missed you so much.”

“Didn’t you just see me at Ong’s wedding?” She teases, I know, because she presses herself even closer to me.

“But I couldn’t even talk with you normally. Even when I was in BEG’s waiting room, the BEG noonas were eavesdropping on everything I said.”

“Don’t blame them, they’re just concerned, Kwon-ah.” She ruffles my hair and makes herself comfortable on the sofa.

“Ironic given that Kwonnie has liked Ga Innie for a longer time than they have even known their husbands.” I mouth silently, though I know Ga In will pick up on it for sure.

“I know, Kwonnie, you’re going to say that there’s no one else that will be able to stand being with me.” Ga In lets her head rest on my shoulder.

“That works both ways. Anyway, how was your meeting today?”

“Tiring. Brainstorming, strategizing, looking at new concepts, new songs. Thinking about what suits the market but still remains unique. What suits the members best. But as usual, we have wildly differing opinions. No consensus still. All the thinking has made me hungry.”

“I’m hungry too.” I’m back to kid Kwon who’s been deprived of dinner.

“But knowing 2AM, your fridge is probably lacks anything that’s worth eating.”

I can only laugh sheepishly, because Ga In’s right, “Well, but 2AM’s resident chef has long moved out. Seulong hyung and Jinwoonie practically don’t live in the dorm anymore. And well, I have schedules or practice.”

“As expected. So what do you want to do?” I shift even closer to her on the couch. Yes, the couch is long enough for Seulong hyung to lie down on, but I just wish to sit squished with Ga Innie.

“But you’re exhausted right? Then let’s order in.”

“I’m okay, you decide. Anything you wish. That’s the least I can do, because I can’t throw you a party to celebrate your solo.”

“Well then, I want to order Black Bean Noodles.” So I order Black Bean noodles before returning to the original conversation, “You’re not afraid of getting spotted if I bring you out?” Yes, to put it crudely, I was testing her. Nicely, I was confirming if what she said still held.

“I told you Kwon-ah, you can announce now if you wish. What’s getting spotted outside?”

“Your agency?”

“They’re—” She hesitates, “Long story, but yes, they’re okay with it.”

“Now we have time. Tell me about it.”

“Honestly, they pissed me off. The newer staff who don’t know you personally and are only aware of half the story. They kept asking me if I was sure that you were serious about me.”

“I had a solo.”

“They didn’t know that back then. Then when your solo came out, they figured it out.”

“That’s nothing atypical. Nothing that will make Ga In swallow her words.”

She inhales sharply, “Word of your goodbye stage got around, so just now after the meeting, all the higher-ups were teasing me.”

“Again, that’s normal. Something you should have long gotten used to.” I want to know what on earth is going on at her agency.

Ga In hits my hand and turns away shyly, “Not if it was advice on how to trick Kwon into marrying Ga In. They were suggesting completely ridiculous things like urging me to complain to your parents. Tempting you in bed until you couldn’t resist. Or just announcing it to the media, so you have no choice but to follow through. I mean, it was a joke, but I don’t appreciate it.”

“As if I need to be tricked into it.” The sheer idea of me being unwilling is simply insane. I think I’ve made it sufficiently obvious that I’m really keen. “Just you wait, Ga In-ah.” Okay, maybe I shouldn’t have said that out loud. Then again, I’m pretty sure she thinks I’ll do something like that soon. But a gorgeous pr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter