Chronic Carelessness

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. Ga In on the phone in italics. 

-

The whole of 2AM has decided to stay over in the dorm tonight, seeing how late it was. Currently, Ong and Changmin hyung are busy calling their wives in their rooms. So I’m chilling with Jinwoonie in my room. Bored from waiting, we end up taking photos in my room. After settling in place against the table, I snap a shot.

 

“Hyung, you took the mess on the table too!” Jinwoon says, dissatisfied with how the photo came out.

“Okay, move a bit, we’ll take another one.” I pull Jinwoon towards the corner, and snap another shot. We go back to being unoccupied, and I see Jinwoon texting his girlfriend. Pleased with the photo, I upload it on twitter with a nonsensical caption of too many emoticons. I continue checking twitter when Ong hyung and Changmin hyung barge into my room and pounce on the bed.

 

We chat the night away, missing the solidarity that is 2AM.

 

The next day, I awake slightly after noon at the ruckus that the rest of them are creating in the living room. Probably fighting over food again. I drag myself out of bed, wash up and join the rest of the group in the living room. Changmin hyung’s cooking lunch again, much to our delight.

 

Seulong hyung and Jinwoon roughly sit me on the couch.

“What were you thinking hyung!” Jinwoon scolds, voice rapidly rising.

“What was I thinking what?” Why am I getting such cold treatment right after I wake up?

“What did you upload last night?” Ong hyung demands, with a perfectly serious look on his face.

“A photo of Jinwoonie and I in my room. If you wish, I’ll upload a photo of 2AM.” I offer, wondering if that was what he was unhappy about.

“We’re not as petty as to berate you about something this minor.” Ong retorts, any sign of joking not showing.

“I don’t get what you’re trying to get at?” I mumble, annoyed at the treatment I’m getting.

“Check your twitter.” Jinwoonie deadpans while heading into the kitchen.

 

I do, and there are an abnormally high number of replies asking if I am in fact, dating Ga In-ah. Replies suggesting that Adam Couple is forever, and those claiming that they knew it all along. I still don’t see why.

 

“It’s not that you or Jinwoonie are in the photo. Look at the background of your photo.” Oh, the polaroids that Ga In and I took during the run of WGM are showing.

“Okay, I admit, I didn’t realise that the WGM polaroids were showing when I uploaded this. But it’s not that big a deal is it?” I ask, still confounded by their violent reaction.

“Let’s just say that having those polaroids on your wardrobe several years ago and now are two very different things. If it was just that, we wouldn’t be acting like this.”

“Exactly, why are two of you throwing such a big fit?”

“Your photo is a high resolution one!” Jinwoonie continues trying to convey something to me, but I’m definitely not getting what.

“I really don’t know how you can be so smart sometimes, but so dumb the next!” Seulong scoffs, exasperated, before showing me the picture that I uploaded last nig

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter