190511

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Six of us continue talking. About us, work, life and random other things. It’s comfortable, though Kwonnie and I are occasionally tested by the other’s parents. They’re just trying to find something out, which I guess is reasonable, seeing how much (that is little) that we tell them. Someone has the bright idea of Kwonnie driving my parents back, and me driving his parents back. Probably to isolate us with the other’s parents.

Which explains why I’m stuck in the car with Kwonnie’s parents, hoping that no one will catch us, though I seriously doubt it.

 

“So Ga In-ah, care to tell us, what exactly transpired when two of you suddenly decided to announce it to the public?” Kwon’s mom probes for information.

“Kwonnie has a drawer where he sticks our polaroids on. Our polaroids way back from our stint on WGM up till today. Then I think he was taking a photo with Jinwoon in his room. It was when Seulong came back from his honeymoon, and 2AM was having a gathering. He didn’t realise that the polaroids were showing in the background and uploaded it on twitter.”

“So netizens spotted it? I’ve seen it and the polaroids are pretty incriminating.” Kwon’s dad comments. “It was really accidental?” 

“I think it was. Kwonnie says that it was an accident, and I believe him.”

“Tell us, ‘cause Kwon-ah won’t. When did he act on it?”

“Act on what?”

“You know” Kwon’s mom hesitates, “Propose.”

“A few days ago. It’s recent.” That’s as specific an answer I wish to give.

“How? Did he perform well?” Kwon’s dad is supposedly a romantic? Well, how would I know, I don’t perceive it would be very polite to intrude on their private events would it?

“Yeah. He was very sweet. Despite the circumstances he chose to pit himself against.” He was so adorable.

“Circumstances?” Kwon’s mom continues the onslaught.

“Well, the day he chose was associated with bad memories for me. Very bad memories involving bag—” I can’t say bags of trash, “Ex-boyfriends. Yes. So I was very afraid.”

“You should know that Kwon-ah is a possessive boy. Perhaps it was how he was brought up, where he had to fight for everything. Nothing ever was given to him on a silver spoon. When he has something he will hold onto it really tightly. He gets jealous really easily. Again upbringing, because people always had things he didn’t.”

“I hope you know how to deal with that.” Kwon’s dad drawls.

“Most of the time he’s easily appeased.” Maybe I shouldn’t have admitted that, even though I’ve gotten the hang of it.

“Oh, as I’ve witnessed that before. You promise to make it up to him, and I assume you do.” Kwon’s mom says, with a teasing undertone.

“I don’t make promises that I cannot keep. And Kwonnie knows about my past and all those things that will make him upset.” I take that the following silence as implicit acknowledgment.

“Before I forget, Ga In, what you said back there. You really told Kwonnie that you would tell me?” Kwon’s dad addresses what could be seen as me being out of line.

“I will first apologise for being impolite. But yes. The whole fixation with him acting like a man ate him up when he was young. The shadow of it still haunts him today. But I will also confess to understanding the reasons behind it, though I may not necessarily agree.” I definitely don’t agree. But I also know that there are a whole lot of girls who are utterly incapable of seeing beyond the surface.

“Maybe. But I wouldn’t have known that he could get a girl like you even while being himself.”

“Perhaps I didn’t know either. But I will not stop reminding him that it’s who he really is that matters.”

“That’s exactly what he needs to hear.” Kwon’s mom cuts in, “I’m glad that you’re not telling him things like he needs to spoil you with expensive gifts and be a complete romantic all the time. I’m glad you’re not comparing him negatively with your ex-boyfriends or the like.”

“He spoils me though,” I giggle at the thought, before quickly reining it in, “And he’s much much much better than my ex-boyfriends. They cannot compare to him. I cannot overemphasise this point.”

“Praytell why you were even with those substandards specimens in the first place then.” Kwon’s dad zooms in on what I think is a weak point of the entire argument.

“Young and foolish. I look back and I don’t even know what I was thinking.”

“I find it hard to believe that you ever were young and foolish.”

“Fact is I was. If I were to ever see them again, I will only stop to hurl expletives at them. Childish perhaps, because after all, I’m very happy now, something I never was with them.” And I don’t wish to hide it.

“I find it difficult to believe you, but since I’ve found no reason to disbelieve you, I guess

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter