Wish To Flaunt It

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view. 

-

Then everyone seems to ignore the television when someone else is being quizzed. Except Jea noona that is, who is perfectly capable of multitasking. That is, eating, watching television and engaging in conversation.

 

If you think it’s impossible to understand how 2AM can eat so much, you’ll be absolutely floored by the amount that BEG can eat, and how much they love their food. It’s almost difficult to imagine that these noonas separated from food. Of course, this statement applies the most to a certain Jea noona.

 

“You two are impossible!” She accuses in such a high pitched voice that it makes me jump, “You’ll just can’t stop brushing against each other.”

“I didn’t come here to be teased you know?” Her voice is cold, almost menacing. To what seems like yet another innocent teasing.

“So mushy.” Narsha noona scolds, waggling a finger in Ga In’s face.

“Disgusting.” Seulong hyung adds fuel to the fire.

Ga In makes a scene of putting down her cutlery deliberately, “And it’s not like you unnies don’t know that I like clinging and leaning on people. I’m not complaining that I can’t do it anymore, and I understand that. Definitely, you have to take care of your babies. As a sister, I’m truly happy for all of you.”

“What’s gotten you all worked up, baby-G?” Miryo noona plays the role of the peacemaker again.

“Do you even think it’s even fair? I had to stomach everything being rubbed in my face when Kwonnie was in the military? But of course I understand, I love all of you so much. I witnessed so much, but I never passed comments of this nature. Honestly, do you think it’s not a punch in my gut every single time? And you’ll don’t just brush against each other. Maybe we’re really very funny to watch, but of course, we’ve honed those skills well.” This bitterness is coming from within, she’s not just saying it for the sake of. I know, because her voice is hushed, and it’s shaking.

“Ga In-ah, you know—”

She holds up a hand to stop me, “I know, of course I know, they’re joking. But it’s always a joke isn’t it? Why is it that we’re always the of jokes? I know, I don’t get angry this easily. But the past few days haven’t been easy.”

“But you normally take it in your stride?” Seulong hyung squeaks.

“Because it didn’t matter. It wasn’t real, they could say whatever they liked, I don’t care.” She inhales a breath sharply, “This is. They’re dissecting under a microscope something so precious to me. Something I know I bungled.” You portray such an unimaginably strong, unaffected image. Even to me, you know that? Did I not pay enough attention. How come I let slip that you were also struggling? Why was I always the one leaning on your for support?

“Okay, okay, Ga In-ah. We’re sorry.” Jea noona switches to pacify her.

“Won’t do it again.” Narsha noona her arm gently.

“I like him. I like him a lot. I just want to be with him.” She gazes at everyone else round the table with her unmistakably watery eyes, “Is there anything wrong with that?”

“Nothing. Nothing.”

“I’ll tell you something. I really really wanted to confirm it. Wanted to announce that he’s my boyfriend. I know perfectly well that that’s what he wants to. But I know, I just know that the issue will only blow up even bigger if we did. As if it’s not big enough already.” On this, she’s completely right.

“Shhh…” I wrap an arm around Ga In, and attempt to coax her. She offers me a weak smile—thank goodness she’s not crying—and she wordlessly leaves the living room. I hurriedly excuse myself to follow her.

 

Ga In walks into the guest room, leaving the door open behind her. Which frankly is as much of an invitation to join her as I’ll get.

 

“Ga In-ah.” A concerned whisper as I shut the door behind me. Right now, we don’t need the rest of the busybodies.

“Kwonnie.” She crushes herself to me and buries her head in my shoulder, “Kwonnie, I’m sorry.”

“Why?” I should be the one apologizing. Gosh. I her hair soothingly, “Why didn’t you tell me. It wasn’t just about the teasing, Ga In-ah.”

“You get it worse than me, Kwonnie. I should know that.” She pauses, “I need to be strong for you.”

“Don’t you keep things from me, Ga In.”

“I’m scared, Kwon-ah. Scared that somehow this attention will tear us apart. Scared that they’ll discover that I’m actua

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter