Ad Infinitum

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

The media attention has dropped pleasingly to manageable levels, which is next to nothing. Our phones are now fully functional. JYPE and Nega are no longer getting swamped with queries about the nature of our relationship. It’s become in your face obvious that we’re together, if it wasn’t already exceedingly obvious from the first photo. They picked up on our couple rings we wore to the variety, which essentially confirmed everything. We haven’t abandoned social media in the wake of the accident, in fact, occasionally, we would intentionally drop hints in the photos that we put up online. Something subtle enough to go undetected by the casual observer, but detectable by someone more interested.

 

But having seen the scale of media attention that gets upon us when we appear on television, we deliberately avoid appearing on programmes together. Even though the number of offers that we’re currently getting to appear on programmes together has increased dramatically, and the fee that they’re willing to shell out is quite astounding.

 

Thankfully, we haven’t gotten a threatening letter from MBC telling us to avoid appearing as a couple at other stations. No instructions for us to avoid wearing couple rings on other programmes, no instructions to stop calling each other pet names outside of MBC. Rightfully so. They’ve already earned that much money off us, and together, we no longer have any business relationship with MBC. It’s real now, and you can’t possibly count that as sole property of MBC. If MBC had the gall to do that, I foresee us intentionally going on other varieties just to drive them up the wall.

 

 

It’s an entirely free day for me. Frankly, I don’t like that this particular day is free since it’s associated with more than one bad memory, and my mind will drift to places I don’t want it to be in. Luckily, Kwonnie’s also free—I think he had to rush his work so that he could accompany today though. I’m thankful.

 

We decide to go out together, seeing that we haven’t done that for ages—first 2AM’s comeback, then Kwon’s comeback, then the photo leaking out—given the lack of opportunities to do so.

 

We end up going to a water theme park to play. Kwonnie’s been angling to make a visit to that particular water theme for eternity. Him enjoying himself was agiven, since he was the one who wished to go there in the first place. Yet it was intensely enjoyable for me too, it completely took my mind of what today’s normally associated with. Despite my fear of heights, I greatly appreciated the attractions at the water theme parks, as they happened to be more thrilling than scary. In the end, we truly behave like two kids.

 

It’s a good thing that it’s a weekday, so most Koreans are at work. As such, most of the visitors are foreigners, who didn’t recognize us, and the queues are shorter.

 

I liked screaming just for the kicks of it when we were on the slides. I liked chatting with Kwonnie while standing in line for the rides. I liked Kwonnie fussing over me—I know, it’s probably not entirely right to like this. But whenever he fusses over me, gets possessive or goes green eyed with jealousy, he makes me feel like someone who is wanted, desired, loved. Someone who is worth it.

 

Kwonnie brings me out for a very pleasant dinner. Our waiter throws us more than one curious look. I doubt it’s because he recognizes two of us. More likely it’s because we look like we’ve just come out from a shower. Well, we came out from a water theme park. I guess that amounts to about the same thing, except that we smell of chlorine.

 

We then return to my place, because Jinwoon is supposedly at the dorm today. Of course, the first thing we do is shower. Returning from my bath, Kwonnie’s already sitting on my bed. With a foreign looking box. I catch him watching me intently as I towel my hair dry. Once done, he gestures me to sit with him on the bed.

 

He pushes the box to me, “My album repackage.”

“Oh! You didn’t tell me it was done.” The packaging is gorgeous. With the gold seal ‘Jokwon’ that characterizes his albums. Then the perfectly adorable photo of him gracing the box—evidently, they chose to emphasise his soft side in the repackage. The first thing that greets me when I open the box is the CD, so I snatch the laptop off my table and pop the CD in. I presume this is the order they wish for me to consume the content in. “You have a new song?”

“See for yourself.” He replies with a gentle smile.

There is indeed a new song—a beautiful emotional slow ballad. I’m fairly sure it speaks of us. Many songs that Kwonnie creates do indeed reference our relationship, even if subconsciously. I’ve never heard this song from him before, but it feels like him whispering into my ear. The MV is extremely simple, and probably could be called a practice video, save for a few behind the scenes cuts that are spliced inside.

“You did it all by yourself?” The number of aspects credited to his name is very high.

“I wanted

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter