No Guest List?

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. Again, I've italicised whatever's written. 

-

I’m somewhat regretting allowing my curiosity to get the better of me, because the atmosphere is all wrong. I know my silly grin probably reaches my eyes and they have long disappeared. Of course, I’m extremely touched that Kwonnie would write something so reassuring and sweet for me. But right now, I’m stuck in Kwonnie’s room listening to one of those catchy but otherwise unimpressive songs so that I don’t hear 2AM discussing Ong’s private matters in the living room. Now I wish that I didn’t see it before it was complete, because as much as it’s beautiful now, it would be much more so if I saw it under the correct circumstances.

 

From the looks of it though, Kwonnie seems to have made a point to write something incredibly long this time. Heartfelt but structured, obviously not something he penned on impulse or quickly. He’s also not finished yet, since the pictures don’t continue into the last few pages. I’m pretty sure this is shaping up to be an event, perhaps for my birthday? Strange, that’s pretty far from now though.

 

Either way, I quickly take pictures of his message—since this will no longer come as a surprise to me, I’ll make it worth it. He’ll be very pleased if I have a reciprocal event prepared for him, I think. I close the book gently, and reclaim my position on Kwon’s bed.

 

Impatient rapping on the door comes just a few minutes later.


“Shut up, Ong!” I scream, as I drag myself out of Kwon’s bed. I just know that it’s Seulong from the impatient knocking of the door.

The door opens, revealing, as expected, Seulong, “How did you know it was me?” He’s confounded.

“Kwonnie wouldn’t knock the door like that.” I curtly reply, then walk by him, to the living room.

“Ga In! You better eat the food before these two sharks swallow it whole!” Changmin oppa gestures to the dishes on the table. “There would be nothing left if not for Kwon-ah and I keeping a close eye on them!” 

“It was Kwon-ah!” Seulong protests petulantly.

“Seriously, hyung. Do you actually expect Ga In-ah to believe that?” Kwon scoffs, disbelieving look on his face.

“They’re not hungry, they’re just greedy!” Changmin oppa accuses, pointing a finger at Ong.

“What to do, hyung’s food is too delicious.”

“You’re intentionally making me feel good. But fine, if you wish, you punks can always come over to my place for dinner.” It’s easy to put a smile on Changmin oppa’s face. You praise his cooking, then you praise his singing. Luckily, he’s genuinely good at both.

I stop stuffing food in my mouth, “Oppa, invite me too!” His food is delicious.

“Of course, you’re free to come over too. Wasn’t it inherent in the statement?”

I shrug, “Just in case.”

Seulong seems to get worked up all of a sudden, as if he’s remembered something, “Oh, Kwon! I know when I swear you to secrecy, it normally doesn’t include Ga In-ah, because I’ll tell her about it too. But this! What you just heard, is not meant for anyone’s ears, and this includes Ga In-ah.”

“Ongseul, you’re telling Kwon-ah to keep things from me. In front of me at that.” I chide, voice purposely low.

“You know I tell Ga In-ah next to everything!” Kwon protests, but I know that neither of us means it. This genuinely falls into the category of things I’d rather not hear.

“This just has t

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter