Blessings Or Otherwise

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. Italics for text. 

-

I pay special attention to our performance today. Not to look for things to improve upon today, since it’s our final performance anyway, but for Kwonnie’s message.

 

Dear all, it’s Kwonnie for the last time. To clarify, we weren’t together while we were on the show. We didn’t get together immediately after we got off it either. But we did somewhen along the way.

 

 It was obvious that Kwonnie didn’t know how to illustrate his first few lines. He had opted to give evidence of absence. Ong’s (probably secretly taken) photo of Kwonnie crying after ridding his room of all our couple things—he wasn’t gloating. Ong had sent me the photo to convince me to change my mind. Another photo of all our couple things being kept out of sight. Kwonnie hadn’t chosen to provide the real photo of us right after we got back together.

 

Now, both of us know that this is right, we are right. This is something that we both want, and the time is finally ripe. So, blessings or otherwise, we’re going to get married on the 20th of September this year.

 

Again, happy photos of us being ourselves. Kwonnie had then chosen to include one of the more recent photos of us not very discreetly flaunting more than one matching ring.

 

“I don’t know if I want to walk out of the building after this.” I shudder involuntarily, even though I think it’s more likely going to be okay than not.

Kwonnie wraps his arms around my waist, “It’ll be okay. I’ll protect you.” He’s so adorable.

“Really?” The best part is that I know he means it. Doesn’t mean that I don’t want to hear him say it.

“That you’re even asking me that is an insult.” He huffs, though without a drop of genuine anger.

“I love how two of you are just doing your own thing on the couch.” Tae unnie breaks it up. “With the stunt Kwon-ah just pulled?”

“What use is it to worry now?” Kwonnie shoots back.

“I will not understand why Ga In-ah let Kwonnie do something like that instead of just calling a press conference.” Yeo oppa seizes the opportunity to weigh in.

“I don’t want to sit there and be scrutinized by a bunch of journalists.” Kwonnie retorts, “This is on my own terms. Plus a press conference is so atypical of us.”

 “It’s more interesting this way though.” Tae unnie seems to be on our side.

“I just hope I won’t get pelted by rotten organic matter when I get out of this building.” Yeo oppa mutters.

“If they wanted to pelt waste at you, they would throw it at you either way.” Tae unnie rolls her eyes, irritated. “But it likely won’t happen, since the response has been very positive.”

“I think it should have been obvious that a day like this would come.” Kwonnie is dissecting it logically, “For one, I would have flatly denied it if I was just having a fling. Then, I don’t understand why someone like Ga In-ah would want to have a fling with me.”

“I wouldn’t waste my time on a fling, especially at this age.” I deadpan. If I was still with Kwonnie at my age, I sure as heck wished to settle down with him.

“My point.” Kwonnie declares. Though that really isn’t my point. “Anyway, half a brain gets you to Ga In-ah wouldn’t bother with me if I wasn’t serious.”

“What’s normal or obvious to two of you may not necessarily be obvious to other people.” Yeo oppa shakes his head in resignation.

“It is quite logical though.” Tae unnie insists. “If I were Ga Innie, I wouldn’t waste my youth on someone who wasn’t serious either. And if it were for fun, I would have advised them to flatly deny it and break up.”

“Sometimes I wonder why am I even required. Since they seem to handle

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter