Youth

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view 

-

“I, I didn’t mean to interrupt. Sorry.” I whirl around only to see a sheepish looking Yeo oppa slinking into the room apologetically.

Kwonnie’s around out of his seat and inviting Yeo oppa into the room, “Is anything the matter, hyung?”

“Well, if it’s not convenient, it can wait.” We’ve clearly made Yeo oppa uncomfortable, though for what reason, I am unable to fathom. We were merely holding hands.

“It’s fine, oppa. What’s the matter? It must be important?”

“The Public Relations is currently flooded with calls and emails.” Yeo oppa starts, and both of us nod understandingly. From the condition of our phones, we would know. “But we’re issuing the no need for further comment standard answer as you wish.”

“I really wonder why they’re even still asking.” Kwonnie grumbles and shakes his head.

“That’s not what I’m here about though. Offers for variety.”
“We said that we didn’t wish to do variety didn’t we?” I respond with another question. We wanted the focus to be on music, plus I was wrapped up in variety under BEG’s flag.

“Of course, we heard both of you loud and clear. Just that it’s MBC.” Yeo oppa seems uncomfortable.

“Don’t tell me they’re threatening to take some form of ridiculous action against us?” I’m irritated. They don’t even have a hold over us anymore!

“A team led by the same people that led WGM is inviting two of you to their variety show. They want to do some WGM special of some sort.”

“Milking for ratings again.” Kwonnie scoffs, rolling his eyes, “I don’t know what’s going to happen if they don’t get the ratings they think they will get. ‘Cause I think they won’t.”
“They said they would invite back all the studio commentators, and do a throwback kind of thing.”

I shoot a pointed look at Kwonnie, who looks back to me for support.

“Scripted?” He ventures.

“I doubt so. They’ve given up writing scripts for you two since you’ll don’t need them, and you’ll don’t follow them.”

“A throwback kind of thing. So the focus isn’t on things as they are now?” Yeo oppa can only shrug when I ask the question.

“Ga In-ah, would you do the team a personal favour?”
“I think it’s difficult to turn them down like that.”
“Who we have problem with the MBC management. Much more than the WGM team.”

“If they’re really going to invite the studio commentators, I guess there’s some degree of sincerity there.”

“I’m just afraid we’ll get boycotted by other stations again.” Kwonnie clicks his tongue in annoyance.

“I think it’s understandable, since that’s where this whole thing started?” I would think other stations would understand.

“Perhaps not after we turn everything else down but the WGM team.”

“Oppa, are there other variety openings. KBS, SBS openings?”

“Yes, though I can’t remember offhand which programmes. I haven’t turned any of them down yet.”

“Then we can just take one a week and resolve the issue?”

“I guess?” Kwonnie seems uncertain. “That’s even more work for you, Ga In-ah.”

“I’ll be fine. I’ve seen worse days. And the BEG side is starting to wind down already.”

“We could just turn the WGM team down and say that you’re too busy.”
“This much of a personal favour I can do. To the team, I owe a great amount of goodwill. I won’t kill myself that easily.”

“So you’re going to accept the MBC offer?” Yeo oppa probably decides that he hasn’t time to watch Kwonnie fuss over me, and an answer is what he needs now.

“Accept the MBC offer, but inform them that we will not stand for a script. And we will not be coerced into doing something that we don’t wish to. Won’t answer questions that we wi

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter