Déjà Vu

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

I lightly kiss Kwonnie’s temple before lying down to snuggle with him. For some reason, we never get tired of snuggling, it must be something ingrained within us from birth. I used to be puzzled by how anyone could even sleep with someone so close to them. Honestly, I didn’t think I’d appreciate guys in such proximity, but apparently I had been wrong. It’s intensely comforting, completely free of nightmares, how I sleep best today.

 

“I’m nervous.” Kwonnie mutters, already drifting off to dreamland.

“Tomorrow?” I was tired from work today too.

“Having to meet your parents and mine at the same time. Perhaps we should have opted to inform them separately.” He murmurs. Kwonnie had wanted to inform both our parents at the same time, since he already had blessings from everyone required. “Now I’m scared.”

“Maybe we should have hinted it more obviously.” We had invited our parents for lunch separately, and we were intending on traveling out of Seoul before converging. If anyone caught us in the act, it would definitely be rightly interpreted as meeting the parents.

“It’s going to be so weird. I don’t purposely talk about us to mom or dad. I leave them to arrive at their own conclusions. Gosh.” Kwonnie’s really getting concerned now.

“It’ll be fine Kwonnie.” I tangle a hand in his hair, “They’ve proven to be perfectly adept at doing so. I think they’ll be trying to put two and two together in front of us.”

“I hope so.”

 

Luckily we manage to secure a private room in one of those family run restaurants just outside of Seoul without getting spotted. Kwonnie’s parents are surprised to see me, and shocked to see my parents. But they take this possibly unwelcome turn of events in stride, and they settle comfortably in.

 

“Well…I know this is unexpected. But, I guess, order whatever you want. Yeah.” Kwonnie stutters, very uncharacteristically, which piques the curiosity of about everyone else in the room.
“Why do I think I know where this is going?” Kwon’s mom, who sounds pleased.

“Why do I happen to agree.” Mom, agreeing with a smile.

“I can bet two of you are thinking of the same thing.” Dad commenting, somewhat mysteriously.

“I bet you’re right.” Kwon’s dad finishing up the talking over our heads, “About time too.”

 

For now though, they were transfixed to the menu, trying to sort out what to order. Which gave Kwonnie and I some breathing space before being catapulted back into vigorous questioning. Yet, they were unexpectedly efficient, turning their attention back to a nervous Kwon in no time.

 

“Though we all think we know what’s going to happen, I’m not going to let you off easy this time.” Dad drawls, leaning back on his chair, “You’re going to have to say it, instead of having us fill it in for you.”

“Well, you see, I paid you a visit a while back, and I—” Kwonnie fidgets under the table frantically.

“Where did the confident man that visited us some time back?” Dad demands to know. He’s appearing to give Kwonnie a hard time for some reason, but his expression seems playful.

Not that Kwonnie is composed enough to notice it, “It disappeared. ‘Cause now I’m here with my parents and Ga In-ah.” He squeaks.

“Don’t you think it’s high time to get it back then?” Dad says, and mom is trying to hold her laughter in.

“Well, I, I, asked Ga In-ah and she said yes. She agreed. So I just thought it would be nice to inform, you know, all of you. Yeah, we’ve gotten all the requisite approval from our agencies already. Don’t need to keep it under wraps, basically just whatever makes us happy. Sorry for not informing you the first thing, but I didn’t want to disappoint anybody, so we chose to get clearance first.” Kwonnie starts off really shaky but manages to get his voice back.

“Plans?” Dad is really sharp today, and no one—that is Kwon’s parents seem to like dad giving him a hard time.
“Ga In-ah’s really attached to her place right now.” No surprise, seeing how long I’ve been staying there, “It really is a nice place, good location for both of us, so yeah. I’ll probably move in. But I’ll also buy the Seoul house I’ve been eyeing. Rent that one out, split the rental with her.” Yes, that is what I wanted, and guessed Kwonnie would do.

“Plans?” Dad doesn’t let up. I raise an eyebrow at Dad, and he disregards me easily.

“Meaning?” Kwon’s stable already, and he’s figured out that they’re giving him a hard time just for the sake of. “But of course everyone would know Ga In-ah well enough to know that she loves her work and won’t give it up. So that’s probably what you’re going to have to expect. Financially, I’d offer to pay for everything—”

Dad interrupts, “But she won’t let you, stubborn lass.” It’s just that I’m not a fan of feeling like he’s buying me with money. Not to mention that I am fully capable of supporting myself. “That isn’t the question though.”

“What is?” Kwonnie already sharpened and alert, recovers easily. Everyone else is silently observing the show from the sidelines. Dad doesn’t reply. Kwonnie’s trying to force the qu

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter