Selective Memory Loss

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Kwon's point of view 

-

So we packed up our makeshift picnic, which involved throwing away two long empty bottles of orange juice and headed for the recommended restaurant. The four parents now grouped in front, leaving the three of us trailing behind.

 

“Wait, just now mom was saying that you two have a history. And you’ll were really cute?” Buk finally got his follow up.

And Ga In couldn’t stifle a giggle, “I guess you could say that.”

“Everyone is talking in riddles here!” Buk huffed, “So can someone please just spill the real deal?”

“Noona would tell you if I actually knew. But I don’t.” She quipped playfully, much to the annoyance of Buk, “You can ask Kwon-ah.”

“Believe what you wish. Regardless of what we say, no one takes us seriously. We’ve given up. The more confused people are the better. This is solely between the two of us.” I shrugged casually, deflecting such questions with great ease after being trained.

“Which is precisely why we speak in riddles.” She briefly stuck her tongue out at me, so I pouted in return.

“Realise you’re saying this while your hands are laced together.” Now that Buk said it, it dawned on me that we were. No wonder there was fuzzy warmth there.

“Doesn’t necessarily mean anything, we could just be affectionate friends.”

“I do not need to be a university graduate to know that friends do not behave like that. Not even affectionate friends.”

“Maybe used to be idols are different?”

“No way. On screen maybe. Off screen, no way. And Kwon hyung isn’t like that.” Buk shakes his head seemingly sure.

“Perhaps, Buk, perhaps.” Then I turned to Ga In, “I thought you didn’t have a schedule? What took you so long to arrive, Ga In-ah?”

“I cleared my schedule for this afternoon and night, but something cropped up. They needed me to replace IU.” She paused to ruffle my hair, “I tried to reject, but then, you know, the rest all have schedules. Then they asked me to be understanding, since I was supposedly free anyway.”

“Supposedly.” I remarked bitterly.

“Kwon-ah, sorry. I couldn’t possibly say that you were being discharged from military today right?” Here she was, acting cute again. Not that I was complaining, of course I understood.

“Okay, okay. I understand, of course I understand.”

“Am I that transparent? For two of you to be having some hybrid of a heart to heart and outright flirting in front of me?” We howled in amusement, “What’s so funny? Hey, what’s so funny!” Buk demanded, perhaps too loudly.

“Yes.” I managed to croak between laughter.

Buk’s mother stalled for a moment to join the three of us, “Yeah, these two can treat entire camera crews as non-existent. What more one lonely Buk?”

“Their reality show again?”

“Not only do they flirt inside that show, they go to other shows to flirt. Then they create splashes by flirting online.”

This seemed to unsettle Ga In a little, “Did we?”

“You did go on Family Outing.”

“Family Outing wasn’t that bad, seriously. MBC was just making a fuss out of nothing. Bad memories.” They were.

“There was Star King. More than one instance.” Buk’s mom helpfully added.

“I would have thought Star King was worse. There was Come to Play and Quiz That Changed the World too.”

 

Luckily, we were ushered right to the corner of the restaurant. I’m unsure if this was sheer coincidence or the owners recognised us, but I was thankful anyway. Two of us sat in as shaded a spot as possible. The ordering was left to the three serious adults while Buk’s mom leaned over to gossip with us.

 

“Mom, since when did you follow idol gossip news!” Poor Buk was always getting cut off by location changes.

“They’re a special case.”

“What!”

“2AM they have a very good boy, model son image, which is

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter