Decidedly Sudden

141224 The Day We Got Back Together
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

xuanmiin: Ga In's point of view. 

-

Apparently it’s not all that obvious even if you get engaged to your boyfriend. Because my unnies probably heard what was important from Tae unnie, which is the only thing that would explain why they refused to spill. Even with prior knowledge, they don’t seem to realise anything amiss. Right now, I’m thankful.

 

After the whole fiasco involving my unnies and their desire to come up with a new album, I have come to pay JYPE a visit. Kwonnie has arranged to see Yeo oppa to get clearance on the JYPE side. I meet Kwonnie in the corridor, and the moment we enter the room, Yeo oppa greets us ever so enthusiastically.

 

“Kwon-ah, Ga In! So we meet again!”

“Yeo hyung.” Kwonnie replies, and Yeo oppa gestures swiftly to the couch.

“So what have you for me today?” Yeo oppa is already giving us that overzealous grin of his.

“Well, hyung, I know it’s a tad fast that we’re coming to see you again, but—”

Yeo oppa’s grin is now face-splitting, “Wait, let me guess. Ga In accepted your proposal.”

“How did you—” I blurt, surprised that Yeo oppa could guess it so swiftly when my unnies couldn’t.

“I heard from Tae that Kwonnie had gone to pay her a visit. To ask if Nega would be okay with it.” Yeo oppa answers the question that I hadn’t even fully verbalised. “You two don’t ever inform the agency anyway, and there are very few reasons for you two to come together to pay me a visit.  For you two to come here it must be reasonably important.”

“So would JYPE be okay with it?”

“The short answer is yes.”

“The long answer?” I immediately query.

“That we let 2AM announce their relationships right after they concluded their promotions in their recent comeback. Then we let Changmin and Seulong get married. Your case is more complicated, since Ga In is also a public figure. But you’re at an age where you should be thinking about this kind of thing, and JYPE has indeed set such precedence. Nega is completely cool with it, so we’ve no reason to disagree. In fact, such a scenario has already been discussed amongst the higher-ups. We’ve given Changmin the go-ahead the moment three of you entered military, but he decided on his own volition to wait for the rest of you.” Yeo oppa takes a breath from his impassioned speech.

“Publicly?” Important caveat here. It would really be relatively difficult to keep it under wraps.

“I don’t think it’s possible for two of you to keep something like that under wraps.”

“Below the belt, hyung!” Kwonnie protests.

“I mean, with the level of interest, it’s going to be a feat to keep it under wraps. Not saying that Kwon will give more hints or anything. So that’s a yes, though I don’t think either of you are intensely public people.”

“Yeah, we’re not.” That is fact, especially with how we know each other. Not really know, but how we became comfortable with each other.

“Intensely private would probably be more accurate, since you’ll really took donkey years to inform the agency. But I have to warn two of you, it’s very unlikely that you’ll be able to skirt the press completely. And if the public finds out after the event, the reaction is likely to be more negative. I have to say that people finding out is inevitable though.”

“The media will turn up.” Kwonnie scowls.

“As long as you register in Korea, which I assume you will, the media will find out eventually. If you hold a reception in Korea, which I assume you will, the media will worm its way in

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter