Make Up Date? part 2

My Last Smile For You [Editing]

Soon the night falls, Myungsoo and you went to a restaurant to have a dinner together before heading to the last destination of the date. Being a gentleman, Myungsoo pulled a chair for you to sit down before he settled down. You took a glance around the restaurant, it's like a type of restaurant which sells many kinds of dishes with an expensive prices. A performance of mini orchestra at the side, a man playing the piano and several peoples playing the violin, making the place turns into a perfect place for a couple to have dinner date.

"Are you sure we're eating here? I don't mind if we eat at a fast food restaurant or street sides food, you know." you whispered to him.

He chuckled at your silliness as he opened up a menu that was given by a waiter. "Why? Isn't it a romantic place?"

You opened up the menu and gawked at the prices stated at every dishes's name on the page. Your eyes were big as you looked through it before closing it and slowly put it on the table.

"The foods are toooooo expensive here," you muttered as you emphasized the 'too'. "I don't want you to spend to a lot of money for me."

"Hey," He pushed in his chair nearier to the table and grabbed your hand, caressing it. "It's our date. I would do anything to make you happy. From now onwards, I vow to myself that I would never leave your side unless you told me to." He gaves you his most sweetest smile.

You felt touched by his words although he have said it many times but you also felt hurt.

*I knew you wouldn't do that but I will be the one who will leave you...soon.* You didn't replied anything but stared at the white table cloth.

"You okay?" He grabbed your chin and pushed it up,  making your eyes meeting his.

You smile a little, "Yeah. Your sentences touches me that I don't know what to reply."

Something hits Myungsoo's mind. He remembers the changes of your appearance week by week and he wanted to ask you if you're sick or not. He opened his mouth to speak out the sentences,

"Soorin ah, can I ask you something and I want you to answer me honestly." His face turned serious.

You puzzled by his sudden expression which made your heart beats fast due to nervous. "Can you?" He asked once again and you nodded.

*What is he going to ask? Don't tell me he already knew that I've an illness. Oh god, no, please.* you begged in your mind hoping he didn't.

"Are you sick?" 

That's it, that three word gave you a mini heart-attack. You bit your lower lip as panic slowly arising in you. You didn't know what to answer. You knew that once you said 'Yes, I do. I have cancer.' that sentences could almost hurt him like he got run over by a truck. You can't imagine looking at him plastering a shock expression and with a stray of tears rolling down his cheek as he lost for words.

Myungsoo waited for your answer as he tilted his head. You caught a glimpse of him and looked down on your lap, really not knowing what to answer. He was really hoping that you would answer, 'No, I don't have one'. Although he looked calm right now, inside him, he's not. He's in fear. He fear that you would leave him just like his previously ex-girlfriend.

He don't want to suffer love pain anymore, he want to feel the greatness of love. He wanted this relationship with you to be his last till he got married with you. Beneath the table, he was clasping his hand and playing around with his thumbs.

*Why is she not answering?*

"Are you?" He asked once again.

*Should I lie? But I'm afraid that once he knew about my illness, he would be very disappointed with me for lying to him. But, if I confess it, I'm sure he hope this date had never happen and pretend that he don't know anything about my illness.* You're in dilemma. Great dilemma.

"I-"

Myungsoo's phone rang. "Wait a minute." He said as he took out his phone from his jeans pocket. He puzzled as he looked at the caller's name. You saw his expression and asked him, "Who is it?"

"It's Hyunwoo...hyung." He said but muttered the word 'hyung'.

"I think you should answer it." you replied and he answered the call.

*Thank Hyunwoo oppa, you indirectly save my life.* You sighed in relief several times as you can't imagine confessing the truth at him right now, ruining the date.

"Oh, I'm having a dinner here with Soorin." He talked to Hyunwoo.

You opened the menu and held it up. As you took another glimpse at Myungsoo, your gaze shifted at something behind him. You saw someone familiar who's a few meters away from your table. He's on the phone too with his back facing you. You moved your head side to side to take a view of his side face. You gasped silently as you covered your mouth with the menu.

*No way. He's here. What is Hyunwoo doing here? Don't tell me he's stalking us.*

"Mhm." Myungsoo hummed and he hung up the call.

I immediately took out my phone to send Hyunwoo a text message.

- Hyunwoo oppa, I saw you'. What are you doing here? Myungsoo wouldn't like it if he caught you here.

I looked up to see him looking at me after I locked my phone. I could see Hyunwoo looking over his shoulder at me, giving me a smile. I smiled back but pretending to be smiling at Myungsoo.

"So-" He opened his mouth which you assumed he's going to ask the previous question again when a waiter came to take our order up.

"Good evening, are you ready to take an order?" He asked politely.

Myungsoo shut his opened mouth and looked down on the menu. Oh another person saves your life again, thanks to the waiter. 

"I think I will have a ribeye steak with ice lemon tea." He said as he closed the menu book. 

"And what about you?" The waiter turned at you.

"I will just have the same as his." He nodded and jotted down the order before taking the menus with him, leaving.

- You saw me? Am I that obvious? Oww man, hehe. You owe me a treat ya' know for saving you from confessing the truth. See ya.

Hyunwoo replied and in cue, he stood up and left the restaurant without Myungsoo knowing about his presence. You wondered how did he knew that Myungsoo and you were here? You didn't tell him about the date but maybe to Howon. Must be Howon who told him.

Hyunwoo sighed as he stepped out of the restaurant. He took a last glance on you inside through the glass. You were smiling sweetly at Myungsoo and he can't help but to feel jealous. *Maybe she is really fated to be with Myungsoo.*

He breath out and took a journey to wherever he felt wanted to go before went back to your house. He put both of his hands into each of his jacket's pocket and walked down the street.