Realising

My Last Smile For You [Editing]

Myungsoo and you were now in your ward room. You sat down on your bed while he sat on a chair beside with both of his arm on the bed. You poked on the bandage that was placed on his arm,

"Does it hurt?" 

He shook his head and you poked again a little harder, "Pain?"

He let out a small laugh and shook his head, "Nope." Then there's something evil in your mind popped. 

"How about this?" You slapped his arm on the bandage spot. His eyes grew widened, "Arrrghhh! YAH!" He shouted.

You laughed at his expression as you threw your head back with your hand clutching onto your stomach. "Oww, yah! That really hurts. What if the cuts bleeds again?" He slowly caress the spot where you've slapped.

His unhappy expression soon faded away and he smiled. *It's nice to see you're smiling and laughing again because of me.*

He cleared his throat, "Ehem, Soorin ah." He called and you stopped laughing.

"Mhm?"

He rest his chin on his palm as he looked at you, "How about we go for a date once we get discharge?"

Your face went blank as your eyes rolled around. The word 'discharge' somehow makes you feel upset. *If I get discharge, I would probably got send here again in the next few days.*

But looking at him smiling is like he's back being to his original self and the one who you used to know, not the badass one. You bit your lower lip and think for awhile.

He waited for you response but as you kept quiet, he pouted. "Wae? You don't want to?"

"A-ani! I just....thinking of what place we should go for..our date." 

Myungsoo felt relieved. He really thought that he's going to be reject for asking you going for a date with him after patching up back. He snapped his finger, "I know where we should go."

"What place?" you tilted your head to the side.

"Secret..and by the way, don't tilt your head to the side when you're curious, other guys will fall for your cuteness if you do that in public." 

You flushed and looked away, facing the windows. "Uwaah, the weather is really being good today, isn't it?"

Myungsoo chuckled and shook his head. He knew that you're blushing but he chose to act like he didn't know it. You rembered about the date and you wondered,

*When will I get discharge? or... is it impossible for me to get discharge since my condition is getting worst.*

You looked over your shoulder to see Myungsoo. He was busy using his phone.

*But I really want to go for the date with him...who knows...that it will be my last time that I able to go out and have fun with him physically.*

You brought your hand to your left chest to feel the beat of your heart and closed your eyes. *This heart will stop beating one day or maybe soon and that day will be me leaving and not able to come back. I've to spend time well for my unknown left days.*

When you opened your eyes, surprisingly, Myungsoo's face was directly infront of yours. Your eyes widened and push his face away. "You make my heart skip a beat." you frowned.

"Hehe. What are you doing? With your hand on your left chest and your eyes closed. Are you okay?"

"Of course. I am always fine."

*No. I'm not. I really hope that you could realise it.* you thought.

"Soorin ah, these days, I've been noticing that your face is getting-" You knew what he's going to say next and you immediately cut him off.

"Ah! I need to meet Dr Yoon so that I can know when I could be discharge. Maybe you should too. I can't wait for the date." You clapped your hand in excitement.

"Be right back!" You waved and left the room.

Myungsoo was stunned byyour action, *What...was that?* He scratched his head. He suddenly feel the urged to pee and he quickly went to the bathroom in your ward room.

He went to wash his hand after peeing and he noticed a few strans of hair beside the basin. He picked it  up and examined it.

"Whose hair is this?"

"It couldn't be Soorin's because-"

He began to feel like something is not right. "Could this be really hers?"

Your current features that he have seen replay in his mind. Your body which is now have become quite skinny, your face which has become pale and also your hair, which become quite thin.

"Why does she have the symptoms of people who have ilness?"