Bad News

My Last Smile For You [Editing]

 

Your father quickly call Howon as he sat down on the sitting area beside the Emergency Room. Howon answered the call,

“Nae appa?”

“H-Howon ah…”

“Hmm?”

“H-Howon….S-soorin..”

“Soorin? What’s wrong with her?”

“S-she……”

“She what? Appa please tell me. I’ve got this feeling that something bad is going to happen.”

“She’s in the Emergency Room right now.”

“MWORAGO?! WHAT HAPPENED TO HER?”

“I..don’t know… When I got home, I saw Soorin on the floor. Her nose is bleeding and she was clutching onto her chest , in pain.”

“A-arasso. I will be there right now!”

With that Howon hang up.  Your father dropped sitting down on the chair with his hand covered his face.

*I’m such a jerk. How could you abused your OWN daughter, Minsoo ah. Rinae ah, mianhada, I didn’t take a good care of our daughter..*

“Arghhh!!!” He ruffled his hair crazily as he was in mad. Tears flowing out from his eyes.

“M-mianhada Soorin ah….Appa really r-regret f-for what I did to you…Mianhae Soorin..” He sobbed.

“Mianhae…” He cried.

----------------------

Howon’s face was paled after he heard what his father said. Hyunwoo stopped his work as he realized Howon’s pale face. He also felt something bad going to happen but he shrugged it off. He approached his friend.

“Yo Hoya. Gwenchanca? You look pale.” He tapped Howon’s shoulder.

“H-hyunwoo…” He turned to Hyunwoo.

“Nae?”

“S-soorin…..Soorin..she’s.” Hyunwoo suddenly frown.

“What’s wrong with her?” He grabbed both of Howon’s shoulder as he shaked him

“What happen to her?!” He asked once again but this time, his voice raised up.

“She was sent to the hospital. Appa said that, he saw her lying on the floor with a bleeding nose, in pain while clutching onto her chest. I really have to go now.” Howon pulled off his working cap and ran out.

“What?.....Ya! Hoya! Wait for me!” Worried growing in Hyunwoo. He quickly ran out without informing their boss that they’re leaving.

As soon as both of them reached at the hospital. Howon saw his father sitting on the waiting area near the Emergency Room with his hand covering his face as his body is shaking, crying.

“Appa!” Howon ran to his father.

“Howon ah!” His father stood up and hugged him.

“Is Soorin okay?” He asked.

“I don’t know.” Both of them pulled away. Hyunwoo walked towards the Emergency Room’s door trying to peek inside.

*I hope you’re fine Soorin.* Hyunwoo prayed.

“Hoya?” The three of them turned around.

“M-Myungsoo.” Myungsoo approached them.

“How is Soorin? Is she fine? She’s okay right? Nothing serious happen to her right? Right? Tell me!” Myungsoo worried voice boom the area.

“Shh! Calm down Myungsoo. No, we don’t know  yet. We hope she’s fine.” Hoya sighed.

*How he know about it?....right, must be Soorin’s father.* Hyunwoo thought.

The light of the signal on the top of the Emergency Room’s door went off. The door opened, revealing Dr Yoon.

“D-Dr Yoon. How is Soorin? She’s fine right?” Howon was the first one who approached her and asked her.

“Calm down, Mr Howon. About Soorin….she’s really weak right now luckily that she was sent to the hospital immediately because if she wasn’t, her heart will stop beating in a few minutes.” Dr Yoon told them. 4 of them froze hearing “her heart will stop beating in a few minutes”.

“Is she awake already?” Your father asked.

“No…She’s not conscious yet. Sorry, I have other thing to settle.” Dr Yoon bowed and so they bowed too and she left.

A nurse then came out and told them to follow her to Soorin’s ward room.

*her heart will stop beating in a few minutes.* Those sentence kept ringing in Myungsoo and Hyunwoo’s mind.

*I’m glad she’s fine now or not…..arghh don’t even think about that!* Both of them thought the same and shook their head in unison and Howon realized it.

“Why are you both shaking your head in a same time?” He asked, Hyunwoo and Myungsoo looked up.

“N-nae?” Both of them looked at each other and back to Howon.

“Did we?” Again in unison.

“Whatever you guys.” Howon pulled your father together with him towards Soorin’s ward room.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qTHkYsGACvo (Queen In Hyun’s Man OST – Same Sky)

Howon and your father entered your ward room. Seeing you lying on the hospital bed unconscious with a pale face made them looked at you with full of pity and sad. An IV tube was stuck in your left hand along with an oxygen breathing mask on your face.

“S-soorin..” Your father’s voice crooked.

“Appa, I’ll leave you alone with Soorin. I’ll be outside.” With that Howon exit your ward room.

Your father walked towards you and sat down on the chair beside the bed. He holds your right hand,

“Soorin ah, how are you?” He smiled with tears flowing.

“You sleep so peacefully. I wonder if you’re having a sweet dream. Remember when you’re still young when umma still alive?” He chuckled abit.

“Whenever you had a nightmare, you’ll ran out of your room with your favourite teddy bear and ran into umma and appa’s room, crying.” He smile.

“You always said this, “Umma! Appa!! I want to sleep with you! There’s a Big and Ugly monster trying to steal away my Mr Brownie (your teddy bear name) from me!” then you pouted cutely.” He tried to imitate your cute voice when you’re still a kid.

The smile on your father’s face started to fade away, “I shouldn’t have blamed you for Umma’s death. I shouldn’t have. It was god’s decision to take her away.” He felt guilty.

“Soorin ah~ I hope you don’t leave me and Howon alone. I want to see you getting married with your future husband and also having my future grandchildren.” He brushed away your fringe as he smile.

*The way you were on the floor with bleeding nose remind me of your mom. She once fainted with a bleeding nose saying her heart is in pain. Why does it happen exactly the same to you….Naah, don’t think negative Minsoo.* He shrugged it off.

----------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tqC8AmuZuLI ( INFINITE – Be Mine )

“You must be freaking shock hearing the news from Mr Lee don’t you?” Hyunwoo asked while he was leaning against the wall with Myungsoo beside.

“Like duh. She’s my girlfriend anyway, as her boyfriend of coz I will be freaking worried and shock hearing it.” Myungsoo answered coldly.

*Girlfriend? Did you suffered an amnesia? Tsk.*

“I thought both of you broke up?” Hyunwoo said with his eyebrow rising up.

“I will make her mine again.” Hyunwoo widened his eyes hearing it, he don’t want to lose his chance to make Soorin belong to him.

“How can? When you already got yourself a “fiancée”…”

“Sohee isn’t my fiancée. Those was a evil trick from my sister. It was all a lie.”  Myungsoo gritted his teeth while saying it.

*What?! TRICK?! ! But……will Soorin accept his love and apology? Naaah, I don’t think so. She was hurt badly by him and there’s no way she will accept him again.* Hyunwoo was looking at the floor while thinking.

“Ohh….” Hyunwoo out of words.

“Where’s Hoya? What the hell did he is doing inside the toilet for so long.” Hyunwoo looked at his watch trying to change the topic.

*Tsk…changing topic eh?* Myungsoo smirked as he realized it.

“I brick.” A voice startled Hyunwoo.

“Yah! What took you so long inside the toilet?” Hyunwoo pushed himself from the wall.

“Dude, is 5mins is that long?” Howon talked back.

“Mr Howon?” Three of them turned to the voice.

“Nae Dr Yoon?” Howon asked.

“Can I talk to you?” Howon nodded and followed her.

*Look like it’s a serious talk. I wonder what happen to Soorin, she has been in and out from the hospital for….thrice? * Myungsoo looked at Howon and Dr Yoon walked away.

*I hope Soorin’s health is not getting worsen.* Hyunwoo became worried.

-------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckHox5dFFwY ( IU - The Story That I Didn't Know )

“What is it that you want to talk to me Dr Yoon?” Howon immediately asked nervously as he sat down on the chair.

“It’s about Soorin…..Her health is getting worsen.” She paused, sighing “If she had a heart transplant, I don’t think it will made any changes in her health. The cancer cells have started to spread through her body.” She looked at Howon with a sympathy.

“W-what?....That means….n-no c-cure?” He felt like his heart dropped from a high height.

She nodded. “Look, I understand how you feel Mr Howon. It happen to my sister too a few years ago. She died at the age of 18 because of Heart Cancer. She made me work hard for my dream. I felt bad for her, because of her weak health she unable to achieve her dream as she wanted to be a national swimmer. Soorin remind me of her a lot.” Tears escaped from her eyes.

“I’m really sorry for your lost.” He felt sad too.

“It’s okay. It’s a past anyway. I should forget about it.” She wiped away her tears.

“By the way, I think you should go. Soorin need you by her side.” She smiled.

“Yeah,I think I should go now.” He stood up as he hold the doorknob. He turned his head behind,

“M-may I know….how much days she’s left with?” He said as he gulped.

“Based on the result of her cancer….it’s….3months.”

“Oh….ok.” He exited her room with a feeling of going to burst into tears in a second.

He walked to the rooftop of the hospital with his head hung low. He leaned against the brick wall as he closed his eyes along with tears escaped. He grabbed a handful of his hair as he bite his trembling lip.

“3Months….3Months?! That’s WAY TOO SHORT!             WHY MUST BE SOORIN THAT SUFFERING THIS?! WHY MUST HER?! WHY?! WHY GOD……WHY?... YOU HAVE TAKEN MY MOM’S LIVE, ISN’T THAT ENOUGH?! WHY…..why must be her… AHHHH!!!!” He shouted with anger as he slumped down his body against the wall.

He once again shouting with full of anger as he punched the hard brick wall as he cried.

----------------------

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4d3FJ48idZg ( BAP - Crash )

Your father exit  your ward room as he saw Hyunwoo and Myungsoo standing beside the door.

“Oh, Mr Lee.” Both of them said in unison as they bowed in respect.

Your father smiled, *Aigoo….I bet this two boys are in love with my daughter.*

“Both of you must be Hyunwoo and Myungsoo.” Your father smile, “Aigooo, so handsome.” He playfully ruffled Hyunwoo and Myungsoo’s hair as both of them just smile awkwardly.

“Oh by the way, did you both saw Howon?” He asked.

“I think he’s talking to Dr Yoon right now. He’ll be back soon.” Hyunwoo answered straight away as Myungsoo was about to answered his question.

Myungsoo glared at Hyunwoo. Hyunwoo looked at him, “What?” he blinked innocently.

“Shut up.” Myungsoo rudely said.

“Aigoo aigoo, don’t fight okay.  Oh by the way, can one of you do a favour for me?” Your father asked.

“Sure! What is it?” They said in unison with confident.

“Can one of you buy me a coffee?”

“SURE!” They said.

Your father was taking out his wallet to give them the money for one of them to buy it,

“Here’s the money.” He looked up and frowned.

“Eh?....Where did they both go?” Your father shook his head as he put back the money inside his wallet and into his pants pocket.

-----------------

 “What are you doing here?” Hyunwoo asked with a frown as he was waiting for the elevator.

“I’m going to buy a coffee for Mr Lee…..wait…don’t tell me you’re going to buy for him too.” Myungsoo narrowed his eyes to him. Hyunwoo gave him a ‘Like-Duh’ face.

“Hmm..Okay, let’s make a challenge then. Let see, who buy the coffee and give it to Mr Lee first, get to visit Soorin first inside the room.” Myungsoo smirked.

“OOOHHHH~ BRING IT ON CUZZY.” Hyunwoo challenged.

“Erghh, stop being comfortable around me. We’re still enemies.”  Myungsoo folded his arm.

Silence replied him, he slowly turned to his side. “Eh? Where did that fellow go?!” He asked himself.

Realization hit him. “Aish! Stupid you Myungsoo. YAH! HYUNWOO! YOU CHEAT!” Myungsoo started to run down the staircase instead to the coffee shop in the hospital.


 

Jja-jjang! Hehe, I made a “funny” scene between Hyunwoo and Myungsoo in the end of the chapter to light up the mood….especially if I made you cried while reading this chapter~

Sooo….you’re not dead! YOU STILL ALIVE. ^_^