Condition

My Last Smile For You [Editing]

 

[Get ready your tissue...haha just joking.]

You're sitting on the hospital bed now....again. It's already like your 2nd home but the boring version. Your father and Howon were outside talking with Dr Yoon. Hyunwoo had to go back to his work since the boss need him due to some matter. You looked out the window watching people taking a stroll at the garden and birds flying. You changed your gaze to your left hand, where the nurse had sticked in the needle along with the IV dripper. You cringed at the sight of it although it is your hand.

*My life is full with pain, isn't it.* Blankly staring on your bed was the least thing you could do now. The door handle was pushed downward. You quickly grabbed your phone which is on the mini locker beside your bed and in time, your father and Howon entered with a doctor, not Dr Yoon but it's a middle aged male doctor. You pretend to be obsessed with your phone that you didn't bother to look at them.

"Soorin ah. Dr Nam said that with your condition like this, you have to stay at the hospital." Your father said.

"Shireo! I don't want." You frowned as you play a racing game in your phone controlling with both of your hands. Your father sighed as he looked at how you don't give a damn about your condition.

"But it's for your own-" You cut off Howon's line.

"It's my life. My decision." your sentences made them turned into silence.

"Ohhh~ I'm getting 1st! Ahhh nooo! Quickly run!" you said to yourself or not...to the phone.

Your father rubbed his temple as he looked at you. Howon shook his head while the male doctor didn't said anything. The three of them end up left your ward. After hearing the door was shut closed, you dropped down your hand with your hand on the bed. The phone didn't show any game display at all. It was blank,black. You broke down. Tears flowing out from your eyes non-stop as you sobbed. You tried to stop them but they just kept coming out.

*The reason I didn't want to stay here for the rest of my life is because, first, I don't want you to waste your money on me especially on the surgery. Second, I want to spend my remaining days outside not here.* you wiped away your tears with the back of your hand.

*Myungsoo, I can't stand this anymore. It's really hard for me to continue living like this. It's torturing me more and more. Help me....my love.*

***

 

Myungsoo wasn't really doing good. Some part of him doesn't feel good at all especially his heart. He feel like something bad happening but he can't tell what is it. He's curious as he touched his left chest. *What's wrong with me? I feel like something bad.* He gulped as he looked at the photo frame of you on his night stand as he's lying on the bed.

*Is it you, my love? Did something happen to you?* He's worried if his prediction is true. He was about to call you as he's getting his phone but then Myungna barged into his room.

"Oh noona, what's wrong?" He asked.

"Myungsoo, bad news." she put on a sad face. Myungsoo's hear beating fast hearing it. *What? Bad...news?* He grew nervous.

"Appa said that instead of we're leaving for states next Saturday, it changes to this coming Friday." She revealed.

Some part of Myungsoo relieved that it wasn't something bad about you but some part of him also felt disappointed, he's leaving soon. He lost in words.

"Oh...Really? Okay then." He muttered.

Myungna knew that he's sad. Sad that he's leaving and also leaving Soorin too. She knew how much he love and care for Soorin although they've broke up few months ago. She pitied her brother there's nothing she could do now, she felt like a bad sister to him. 

"Myungsoo ah, mianhae." She sat at the edge of his bed as she apolosgised. "What for?" Myungsoo confused.

"That I can't do anything to make you and Soorin patch up back." She felt guilty.

"Don't say that noona. Maybe that it's fate for us to be like this. Fate, yeah fate." He nodded as he spoked the last sentences.

Myungsoo took a glance again at the photo of you and he sighed. *I'm willing to do anything to get you back, my love.*

 

***

"Appa, calm down." Howon rubbed your father's back.

"How can I calm down, Howon ah. Soorin...she's giving me a headache. She's getting stuborn." He sighed.

"There's must be a reason why she's doing this, appa." 

Howon really understanding you well. He's just didn't show it. He felt like calling Myungsoo now and tell him that, 'You're precious pearl is sick. No, not that fever. But she's suffering from cancer and she's dying now.' But he think once again, if he was you, he would have do the same thing just to not hurt his lover. Howon unable to laugh peacefully in this condition and INFINITE kinda noticed that but he always answered that he's just not feeling well.

"No matter what it is, I want Soorin to undergo that surgery this Friday fullstop." Your father looked up as he pointed his index finger downward, indicating 'now'.

"But..appa, shouldn't we ask her opinion first?" Howon asked as he looked at him.

"Howon ah, there's no use to ask her. She will still be stuborn saying no and no and no." 

"But still...we can't just force her like that and plus more...the success of the surgery is only 30%. Do we have that amount of money to allow her undergo the surgery?" 

" I'll find a way to get that amount of money if that includes me working 24/7 ." 

Howon couldn't say anything. Your father willing to work 24hours everyday just to get that amount of money to pay for the surgery. He's speechless. They're having a hard time, he don't know when they could laugh and smile and have fun together like other happy family.

"Appa-"

"I can help you, Mr Lee. I will help you pay those expense for the surgery." the third voice made both of them looked up.


Either, the next chapter or the next next chapter will make you shock/squeal in happiness/cry/touch......hehe, it's something that you've been expecting for....Oh did I give you too much hint? XD