My Senior Year : Class 4-A

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My Senior Year : Class 4-A

"Umma... Appa..." I opened my eyes and I see them. Just like when I was young.

My Umma and Appa.

I waited.

I waited and waited. But they never came home that night.

And when I really miss them, I see them like this in the morning, leaning over me whenever I wake up from dreaming about that night. In my dream they always came. Appa will make sure that me and MinBunny are tucked in bed and Umma will hum her favorite song so I can sleep better. They would kiss me and tell me they love me and go to their room to sleep. Exactly how they did the last time it happened.

But just like that night, I reached for them and suddenly they're not there.

It's not like I'm not used to them being gone, believe me, I am. I've been through a lot actually.

Halmeoni said that I am lucky that I'm still here with her. Heck, I almost lost my own life just weeks after Umma and Appa were killed.

I vaguely remember it. Weeks after Umma and Appa got murdered, they came after me too. I was taken by strangers from our school gate and was abducted to be killed, but one of my captors couldn't bear to imagine that a kid like I was, was going to be shot in the head, so he helped me escape.

Fortunately for me, a man just like my Appa (though I don't remember him much) found me running across the street from the woods. He almost hit me with his car, but since I'm lucky, I didn't get hit. Though he thought he did coz I fainted the moment he stopped in front of me.

Long story short, I was taken to the hospital and returned to my grandmother, and the guy who helped me escape, he confessed to the police, even helping them capture those who were involved in my parents’ murder and my abduction.

I have to thank Leeteuk Hyung for telling me the story of my second life over and over again when I was still too young to remember.

I have to get up from bed now. Today is quite special for me. No, it's not MinBunny's birthday (if you're wondering about him, he's still here. He just looks a little older but he's still the same MinBunny)

Today is special because today, in my senior year, is my first day of school. Yes. School. Most of you might feel bad that school is starting again but not me. I'm excited. I finally get to go to a real school. And meet many teachers. And have friendly classmates. And do stuff outdoors. And maybe go out with friends to eat food.

I sound like a freak now. Well, I can't help it. I've been home schooled for so long. Halmeoni wanted it that way. The day I got abducted was my last day going to school. Halmeoni got scared that it may happen again.

So yeah, I can't actually blame her. Though I was kinda mean to her when I said it was her fault that I don't have any friends and I didn't get to live my life the way I want it and that I wanted to study in a real school so bad but she wouldn't let me. (joesonghamnida Halmeonim!)

I really feel sorry I said all those things. But look at me now. Getting up early at a given time, taking a quick shower, WEARING A UNIFORM (I love this bit, it's totally a first), and eating breakfast quick because I don't want to be late. I feel happy.

"Bye MinBunny!" Gotta bid him goodbye, he'll be sad here. But it's okay, I'll be back soon. I'm done checking my things, I'll say goodbye to Halmeoni and then I'm finally off to school.

"Don't go anywhere else, stay inside your school until Hyukjae picks you up!"

I got in the car fast, I'm sitting next to Eunhyukkie. "I know already Halmeoni, you told me so many times! Byeeeee~~!!!" I waved her goodbye as Eunhyukkie started to drive. "Hey Hyukkie! Get there fast!"

"Aren't you too excited? You should be a bit nervous. Students in your school are a bit scary, do you know that?" I think he's just messin' with me, I know he's excited for me too, he got up earlier than me. 

"Why shouldn't I be excited? I'm finally going to school. I've been wanting to do so for a very long time. I think I envied you long enough."

"It's just that you might be expecting too much. I'm serious, I've seen students from your school, and most of them aren't nice." Now he sounded worried, should I be worried too?

"Can't you just be happy for me? I'm going to school Hyukkie I'm finally going to school. You know how much I wanted this, right?"

"Yeah I know. Oh hey, we're almost there."

"OMO! That fast? Ottoke?!" I'm laughing at myself for suddenly feeling nervous, while Eunhyuk looks at me like I'm some weirdo. I was moving around in the carseat, nervous, when Hyukkie finally stopped.

"We're here."

"Well, this is it." I inhaled deeply. 

"Hey, make sure to call me if you need anything. Anything. I mean anything at all, call me. I'll be in school too, I can get here fast." He tapped on my shoulder. "Go now” As I got down from the car Hyukkie muttered to himself "Why do I feel like I'm sending my own son to school for the first time?"

"See yah!" I turned as Hyukkie left and this is just "Wow..." I stood there, in front of our school for a while. I saw some students looking at me like I'm an alien. I was just admiring it. It was huge and it's just... I don't know. I just.... Ah~~ I can't describe how I felt. I stood by the stairs of the school's entrance.

"Will you move?" A girl behind me sounded annoyed. I turned to look at her. "What?! I said move!"

"Sorry." I bowed to her as I stepped aside. She just walked passed me followed by 3 other girls who were throwing daggers with their eyes as they stared at me. Okay, so they're having a bad day. Fine.

I don't want to be late, guess I better hurry up, I still have to meet with the principal. It wasn't easy finding my way to his office, good thing I came early. I think some students here aren't used to strangers, because some of them ignored me when I asked them for directions, and then some of them gave me wrong directions.

Thankfully, I finally found it, the Principal's office. Wait, am I hearing someone yelling inside? It sounded like someone's arguing. I'm not sure if I should knock now. Maybe I should wait until someone comes out. But won't I be late if I waited?

I was about to knock when a person opened the door. She didn't look like the Principal, she didn't look like a student either. And she was crying as she hurriedly walked past me.

"Are you happy now?! You should go to your class!" I caught what a man said from inside the office as the door was closing.

I shouldn't be listening. I was going to close the door when someone opened it as I reached for the knob. A male student. He stared at me. He seemed to be the one that's being yelled at, did he do something wrong? He had that cold look in his eyes. Well, he kinda looked like a trouble maker. And he was staring, alright. You can tell, yeah, I'm staring too.

They way he looked at me was really cold. "Are you going to let me pass?" He said even colder.

"Oh, I'm sorry" Again, I was blocking someone's path. I let him pass, he even lightly bashed me with his bag. Okay, so maybe a few people are having a bad day. But no, still not me. Still doing fine.

I c

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter