My Senior Year : Goodnight, Sungminnie

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Goodnight, Sungminnie

It was a quick walk to Sunny's home and then back to school.

Sunny was right about her mom gardening so she was not able to hear the phone.

She was surprised to see us and felt sorry that she sent lunch boxes for me and Donghae to bring back to school along with the shoes that Sunny asked for us to get.

"Where did you say we're going to meet Sunny?" Donghae asked.

"Backstage" I stopped walking "Uh... How do we get there Donghae?"

"Backstage of the auditorium? Oh that's easy, it has a back door"

I followed as Donghae led the way. Soon enough, we were already at the back door, and a student was guarding the door.

"Only performers can enter, are you two performers?"

"Uhm... No" Donghae answered.

"I thought so..." the student kept a straight face and blocked the door.

"We just needed to give something to a performer" I said politely, I think I recognize this student from Senior year, Class B.

"I can't let you go in. Only performers and teachers can enter the backstage.

"Oh come on, Yesung! Just let us in. We just need to hand Sunny something before they perform" Donghae said frustratingly, he knew the student, maybe they've been in the same class before.

I glanced at my watch "The program began about 30 minutes ago, they could be performing anytime soon, I just need to hand this over to Sunny"

"Please Yesung... I'll do your assignments for 2 days if you let one of us in" Donghae said with a mischievous tone.

The student's reaction went from stiff to surprised. In a good way.

"I can make it 3 days, if you let Sungmin in now..." Donghae added.

"Just make it quick and join the other audiences right after"

I went in after the guy named Yesung opened the door.

I walked around the backstage looking for Sunny. I was having a hard time finding her when Ms. Kim called me.

"Sungmin! Thank God you're already here. Do you have Sunny's shoes?"

"Yes, Ms. Kim"

"Okay she's already on stand by at the left side of the stage. One performer from our class will go in and then they are next. So you have enough time to get to her"

Ms. Kim showed me the way to where Sunny was on standby.

"Sunny..." I whispered a bit louder to call for her attention.

"Oh, Sungmin you're here!"

I walked close to her, she was bare foot at the moment. I took out the shoes from the paper bag I was holding and knelt in front of her.

"Hey, you don't have to"

"It's okay. Hurry put it on"

The next performer who's from our class was already being introduced at the moment. I was locking the strap on the last shoe when the announcer caught my attention.

"Cho Kyuhyun from class 4-A!"

The name that the announcer said made me stand straight too quickly.

"You're always the gentleman, Sungmin..." Sunny said but it barely registered in my head.

It was like I felt hypnotized when I turned to face Kyuhyun who was coming out from the other side of the stage. He had his eyes on me while he was walking towards the center of the stage.

Unlike the other student performers, Kyuhyun wore nothing special. He was clad in his uniform that was neatly ironed and he wore it serenely like it was the latest in fashion.

The crowd was going wild. He sat in front of a grand piano that was placed at the center of the stage.

His sitting position which faced my direction didn't help.

No, there wasn't a smile on his face. In fact, he didn't even looked pleased.

Then the audience went silent.

He was staring at me but then he closed his eyes and started playing.

Somehow I knew that he was going to play that song.

The song he played for me so many times when I couldn't sleep. The song he played for me to remember everything.

Kyuhyun played the song so well.

I didn't know what to think at the moment. Donghae said that Kyuhyun never showed up at times like this.

But he is here. He's playing the song that meant a lot, maybe if not for both of us but for me.

All I could remember was

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter