My Senior Year : Sooner

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Sooner

"Sungmin... It's time to get up..." I felt Kyuhyun whispering against my cheek when I opened my eyes. "Sungmin..."

I wrapped my arms tighter around him. "What time is it?" I muzzily spoke.

"4:30 in the morning." He pulled away from me and sat up. "We have to wash up and get going. Noona's already up, checking on the others."

I sprawled next to him, blinking through the faint lamp light. "What about breakfast?"

Kyuhyunnie was already standing up. "You have to settle for some muffins for now, we're eating a full breakfast meal at the vegetable and herb garden."

I shot up from the bed when I heard Kyuhyun mention where we're eating. I suddenly remembered how excited I was for it.

"Be careful with your leg. Drink a pain reliever after you eat something. We're leaving the campsite as soon as dawn breaks." I was already trying to get out of the tent when Kyuhyun reminded me.

"Are you tired? Is your leg fine?" Kyuhyun asked as he knelt before me when I sat by the side of the traditional house that was built between the vegetable garden and the herb garden.

The trek from the campsite to here was pretty laborous. We had to stop a couple of times because my leg kept stinging. "I'm fine. A few minutes of rest will do. We need to harvest up for breakfast and lunch."

"How about I do that for you?" Kyuhyunnie worriedly asked.

I smiled at him. "But I want to do it. I already asked Ryeowook to go together. I've never tried that before."

"You're still hurting Sungmin. If you really want to do it then we can just do it together some other time. When you're all better."

"What's the fun in that, Kyuhyunnie? I really want to do it now, while we're here." I shook my leg and was ready to stand up when I saw Ahra Noona walking towards us. She was talking to someone on her phone and it looked serious.

"Yah! Aren't phones not allowed during camp?" Kyuhyun was ready to banter with his sister when she gave him a shake of the head.

"Yes, he's here." Ahra Noona sighed and handed the phone to Kyuhyun. "It's Appa."

Kyuhyun straightened up. His gaze flicked over to me before staring at the phone in his sister's hand.

I wonder what it is this time. Seems to be something important... And really serious.

Kyuhyun took the phone and turned away. "Appa? It's me..."

"Sungmin..." Ahra Noona forced a smile and took my hand, helping me stand. "Why don't we head over there and join the others gathering vegetables?"

She pointed at the direction of the vegetable garden where everyone, including those from the other campsites, gathered up to pick fresh greens for a healthy breakfast.

"I'm sure Kyuhyun will follow us after he's done talking to Appa."

"I think he's changed a lot since you came." Ryeowook was on the other side, picking lettuce with me. "Just the fact that he's talking to us is already a big change."

I nodded. "It seems like Kyuhyun was cold to everyone before."

"Nah... I don't think he was being cold. I think he was bored." Ryeowook got up, carrying the basket we took with us. "But that's all changed now. I may not know Cho Kyuhyun just like every student in the school, but I can clearly see how he's become a different person with you. You're the new student yet it feels like you are introducing Kyuhyun to us."

"You really think so? That's really nice of you to say, Ryeowook." I feel happy that Ryeowook was seeing me as a positive influence for Kyuhyun.

He's right. Kyuhyunnie's not cold. He was just waiting for so long.

I was getting out of the vegetable garden with Ryeowook when Kyuhyun appeared from somewhere.

I used my hand to wipe the sweat forming on his forehead when he stood next to me.

"Did you run? You're sweating... What took you so long?" I asked, reaching for his back, getting some air into his shirt.

"Just had to talk to Appa about something." He blew ou

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter