My Senior Year : The Girls of Class 4-A

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

My Senior Year : The Girls of Class 4-A

I wonder if Eunhyuk is waiting outside. Halmeoni arranged for his schedule in school to compliment with mine, so he'll be able to pick me up by the time my classes are finished. I checked my watch. It might still be a bit early. Maybe I should go to the student's lounge for a while.

It seems like not many students left the school yet. There are few of them still sitting in groups chatting and laughing. I recall some of them from my class. If I could just find an empty seat. *sigh* Just as I was about to turn back I found a spot near a huge window. It was a cozy spot. I wonder why no one has taken it.

I walked to the empty spot and plopped my bag on the cushioned chair next to the one I'll be sitting on. It's comfortable. There's 4 cushioned chairs placed around a table. Looking around, I think this one of the best spots here in the student's lounge. I must be lucky that it's left vacant.

I took a book from my bag to preview topics on our upcoming lessons. I think it's a productive way to let time pass, since I'm sure I won't be talking to anyone soon. I sat comfortably and started scanning the book. From time to time I would notice students glance my way and blab something to each other.

What? Am I not allowed to read here? I know this isn't a library but I can see other students studying here to. Is it because I'm new? Aigo... This day has been crazy enough to mind other people. It's fine. I'll ignore. I'll ignore for now.

Minutes into reading a chapter in the book i was holding, a hand tapped my shoulder. Looking up from the book i was reading, I saw that the person who gave me a tap was one of the four girls from earlier, the ones who were throwing daggers with their eyes. They were in my class too. What now? Three of them stood behind the girl with short blond hair, being nearest to me I assume she was the one who called for my attention. 

I smiled at them. "Can I help you?"

The blonde gave me a reluctant smile. "I'm sorry, but we need to sit there."

Oh great. Finally I get to share seats with students from my class. "Sure. I wouldn't mind sharing." I gave them a welcoming smile.

I thought the blonde wanted to say something but then, she scratched her head and turned towards the other three girls. Another girl stepped forward. She was tall and she had dark hair.

She smiled. Though I don't think it was a friendly smile. "Excuse me, but I think you weren't able to get what she was saying. We" she gestured to her company "The four of us" she gestured back at them again "Just us" again doing the same gesture "We need to sit there." she held her hand up "Wait let me rephrase that. You" she pointed at me "You need to get up because we're going to sit there." She then plastered a big smile on her lips.

"I got here first." I was sure no one was occupying the spot when I came for it.

"But we have to sit now."

"I already said I wouldn't mind sharing."

She shook her head. "No. You don't get it. We don't share. Go find another spot."

"You guys should find another spot. I was here first." Halmeoni will definitely whack me in the head with something for not being the gentleman that I was taught to be. 

I noticed that students in the lounge area started paying attention to us. Some of them just looking our direction, others whispering to each other.

The tall girl just stood there and crossed her arms. Obviously they want to make a big discussion over this. But I can't just leave. If I leave, it's like I basically told them that what they're doing is okay. The girl from behind them stepped forward. She's just a tad bit taller than the blonde. I remember that she was the one who yelled at me this morning for blocking her way.

"Aren't you smart? That's our spot you’re taking." She scoffed at me.

"This is your spot?" I pretended to look around. "It doesn't say so anywhere." I gave her an innocent look.

"Look newbie" she emphasized that well. "I don't know what planet you are from but we've been in this school longer than you, much, much longer than you. If you don't know how things work here, then ask around. Why don't you ask around about us? That's our spot, I don't care where you'll stay but you have to leave." another one of that fake plastered smile, like what she just said was nice.

Maybe it's because I've been alone most of the time so I don't really know much how to communicate with people my age. But this situation, I think, I'm far from being wrong. I wasn't brought up to tolerate things like this.

"Okay, I'll leave." I smiled again, sweetly this time. The people around us clearly were tensed with the situation, but it lessened when I said that.

"Good. Hurry up and make you sure you won't leave any of your things." She said rolling her eyes, flipping her hair and tapping her toes showing that she can't wait for me to leave.

"I'll leave when I'm done reading." Again, everyone's tensed. I smiled at her even more.

"Are you kidding me? I asked you to leave. Just leave!" She yelled at me.

I ignored her yelling. "I don't want to." I shrugged a bit and went back to reading. As I was about to flip a page from the book I was holding, it got snatched from my hands and thrown somewhere behind me by the girl-turned-furious-psycho-witch.

"Unnie..." The blonde girl held the crazy by her arm. Obviously noticing that what's happening is causing a bit too much of a commotion. The blonde girl was the only one to soften up from their pack the two taller girls with them just stood there, and just like before, eyes like knives.

"Don't touch me" it's not surprising that she yells at her friends too. She turned to me again. "Yah! You're really starting to annoy everyone here. Just leave now or I swear you'll regret it."

Again, I pretended not to hear a thing. I took another book from my bag and started flipping pages. Not long enough, my book flew again. I sighed. I don't even want to look at the girl. She must be furiously ugly right now >.< I reached for my bag to find something else to read. Just as I placed my bag on my lap she took it from me, making me see her actions as she frantically opened it wider and empty my bag of its contents letting all of it scatter on the floor. Yep... She's psycho, alright.

I stood to face her. I shortened the gap between us. She was brave enough to stare unto my face. I smiled at her. "Don't you think you've embarrassed yourself enough?"

She scoffed. Yeah. It was the last straw. She's mad alright. I readily stood in front of her as she raised her hand, about to slap my face.

"Kim Tae-yeon!" A cold voice attracted everyone's attention, appearing so suddenly and interrupting the moment.

Can you guess who? 

Yeah. Of all the time in the world, he decided to appear now. Cho Kyuhyun.

The slap I awaited was left dead in the air as this girl, Kim Tae-yeon, froze upon hearing Cho Kyuhyun's voice. Not only her but also the students who had their eyes on us (meaning everyone in the lounge, geez, what a sight huh? (--,")).

Everyone kept still as Cho Kyuhyun made his way toward us. And then there was a change in the atmosphere.

"Kyuhyun Oppa!" The psycho-witch of a girl backed away from me and approached Cho Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun Oppa~~ you see what he did? He's causing us trouble." She pointed her finger at me like I committed 7 different acts of violence towards her.

Cho Kyuhyun gave her a cold look. (Not like there's anything new about that) And slowly travelled his gaze towards me and then down towards the floor, eyeing my scattered belongings. "Did you do that?" he asked the girl as he directed his eyes back to me.

The girl looked alarmed after she nodded. She obviously didn't know what to say and stuttered before finally saying something. "But Oppa, you should've heard him. He was being disrespectful and he wouldn't leave when we asked him nicely, he even tried to ignore us. The students here saw everything." Cho Kyuhyun remained silent, sending more alarm to the girl. "I just want to sit in our spot Kyuhyun Oppa, you know too that we've been sitting there like forever, and no one else would sit there but us." The girl held Cho Kyuhyun by his arm. "Oppa, ask him to leave for us, will you?"

Cho Kyuhyun took his gaze from me to the hands that were on his arm. "Get your hands off me" his voice sending chills everywhere.

Well, someone clearly hates being touched! I wonder why this Cho Kyuhyun is even here to interfere. It's not like he'll help. He looks like someone who can barely care about the world. Why would he ev---

"Pick it up." 

My train of thought disappeared when I heard him ordered the girl to pick my things up. The girl looked shocked.

"Kyuhyun Oppa..."

"Pick it up." he repeated. He sounded too cold and emotionless but the look on his face showed that he doesn't want to say it again.

The girl turned a deep shade of red from embarrassment as she slowly bent down to pick my things up and place it back in my bag.

Her friends were about to help her but Cho Kyuhyun glared at them. "Did you help her do that?" One by one they slowly shook their head and just stood there watching as the girl knelt and scrambled for my things on the floor. Cho Kyuhyun looked at the students who were gathered near us. One by one the students slowly went back to what they were doing like nothing happened.

I looked around. It’s surprising how one cold look from this Cho Kyuhyun sent them all back to minding their own business. I stared at him. He was staring at me too. I looked away though, his stare was too cold and I don't like it. Much to my concern, after everything that just happened, my manners took over me. It's like I can hear my mother telling me to be good. So after glancing around and sparing one last look to where Cho Kyuhyun stood, I bent down and started helping the girl gather the rest of my things.

I was reaching for an item just below the girl's face when something like a teardrop fell on the back of my hands. My hand stopped to where it was, it kinda surprised me that she was crying. I suddenly felt bad for her even after what she did. She's still a girl after all. I know Halmeoni and especially my Umma wouldn't like it if I was rude to a girl.

"Hey..." I said to the girl, lowering my voice only for us to hear, I tried to see her face but she bent her head lower so I wouldn't see. She kept gathering what's left of my things, shoved everything inside my bag and hastily zipped it up. I was going to reach for her face but she shoved my bag towards me, quickly stood up and ran towards the exit. Her friends were left there exchanging glances. They seem to not know what to do because Cho Kyuhyun was still there. 

Why won't they run after their friend? She needed to be comforted after being embarrassed like that. Without thinking twice, I wore my backpack and decided to go look for her and check to see if she's alright. I hurriedly walked pass everyone including that Cho Kyuhyun, not even sparing him a glance.

I kept walking once I got out of the lounge. Actually, I'm not sure where I was heading (thanks to my special tour earlier). But maybe if I kept on walking I'd find her. Maybe I won't be able to talk to her, I'm sure she hates me like hell, but I just needed to see if she's alright. I kept walking. 

I'm not sure if I've been going around the same building but I think I already passed by that classroom 5 minutes ago. I glanced at my watch. Eunhyukkie should be here soon. I need to hurry and find her soon. I checked the classrooms as I walked pass them. Nope, not there either. I'm sort of lost right now, and I can't even find the p

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter