My Senior Year : Out

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Out

We spotted Sunny and Donghae sitting by a rectangular coffee table. They sat separatedly on each of the two-seater couches on opposite sides of the table.

"Hey you guys!" I greeted as we approached them. I sat right next to Donghae, knowing how Kyuhyun was feeling about me and Sunny.

Kyuhyun placed the drinks down on the table but remained standing.

"You can sit down Kyuhyun Oppa." Sunny said, tapping the space next to her.

"Yes, Kyuhyun-ssi, please sit down" Donghae said as we all looked up to him, waiting for him to sit.

But Kyuhyun still remained standing. His eyes never left Donghae though.

I think I get what Kyuhyun wants. I eyed Donghae and then him. I eyed Donghae again. Seriously, he will never get it.

I nudged Donghae's elbow lightly, hoping that he will get what I'm trying to convey.

"What is it Sungmin?" Donghae said, alternating looks between me and Kyuhyun. "What is it?" He said again, perching his glasses up his nose.

I saw Sunny look down and giggle a bit while Kyuhyun stood immovable, still staring at Donghae.

I grinned awkwardly at Donghae and tried to tilt my head to Sunny's direction.

Donghae raised both his eyebrows up in question "What? What is it? Do you have neck pain?" He asked me.

Sunny moved to the side. "Donghae..." Sunny whispered and patted the spaced next to her again.

Donghae opened his mouth in an 'O', laughing awkwardly before he stood up. "Of course!" He made a gesture with his hand showing his now empty spot. "Of course... Kyuhyun-ssi... Please sit. Please sit--next to Sungmin." He bowed his head a couple of times, heading next to Sunny. "I'm really sorry about that."

I clapped a hand on my forehead, rubbing on it and my nape. I think this thing I have with Kyuhyun is going to be harder to deal with, because of the people around us.

I shifted on the couch and sat on Donghae's spot so Kyuhyun can sit next to me. The couch was only big enough for two people but still it has enough space for us to sit apart. But no, Kyuhyun sat too close, our thighs rubbing next to each other as he placed one arm across the back of the couch, not really on my shoulder, but right behind me.

I glanced at him before moving forward a bit, so as to not make it look like he had his arm on my shoulders. "Ouch" I whispered lightly when my knees hit the table.

Kyuhyun had his hand on my knee in a second "Are you okay? What are you doing? Sit back will you?" he asked, whispering, though the quiet atmosphere between the four of us allowed Sunny and Donghae to hear him still.

I looked back at  him and tried to whisper really softly, making sure it's only him who can hear me "What happened to laying low?" he gave me a questioning look "Kyuhyun, space." I said, quickly looking down at our touching thighs, his hand on my knee, and then at his arm that was spread behind me.

Kyuhyun lifted an eyebrow at me and glanced at Sunny Donghae. The two quickly moved to pick up books, pretending to not be listening to us.

"Oh look Sunny, this is really nice." Donghae said, showing the book to Sunny.

"Yes! That's really useful for our project!" Sunny exclaimed gleefully.

I would've bought their act, but the book they were holding upside down threw everything out the window.

Kyuhyun moved back, tore his hands away from me, and sat on the very edge of the couch, allowing much space between us.

I stared at the distance between him and me, slightly regretting what I said. But then again, we have to be discreet, right?

We spent good two hours discussing the flow of our report and presentation for our project, with Sunny and Donghae being more active in what we are doing than me and Kyuhyun.

"I'll be going to Sunny's tomorrow" Donghae said, closing the laptop "We have a shortened time of classes, so we'll use the remaining time to work on the finishing touches of the presentation."

"Shortened time?" I asked.

"Yes, I guess Donghae forgot to tell you earlier," Sunny answered "Ms. Kim said this morning that students will be sent home for lunch time tomorrow, the faculty will have a meeting for the students' upcoming camp."

I nodded, looking back at Kyuhyun who only shrugged his shoulders. He must not be aware of it as well.

"Sungmin, can I have the copy of the draft?" Donghae asked "Sunny and I will take it to Ms. Kim so she can approve of it."

Kyuhyun moved to bring out a folder from his bag, then placed it on the table.

Sunny took the folder and flipped it to see what's inside. "Wow, Sungmin this is great. You really did what I told you!" Donghae moved closer to Sunny to see it as well.

"Oh, You know I'm not the one who did it. " I placed a hand over Kyuhyun's leg that was closer to me "Kyuhyun did it. He was able to finish it even when he got sick. All I did was line the pages and colored it."

I gave Kyuhyun a smile which he did not return. What to do now? Is he mad because I wanted him to keep his distance?

"So I won't be seeing Eunhyuk today, right? Because Kyuhyun-ssi will have to take you home?" Is that a frown on Donghae's face.

I nodded "No use for Hyukkie to come and pick me up because Kyuhyun said he'll send me home."

It really is frown on Donghae's face. But he quickly shrugged it away and smiled when we reached the parking lot. "I guess I'll just walk Sunny home then" Donghae looked behind us where Sunny was still walking, followed by Kyuhyun.

"Donghae, you really will?" Sunny asked, looking relieved.

"I can not let you walk home carrying all these books Sunny" Donghae said referring to the books he had in hand.

Of course, if Hyukkie was going to come pick me, we will have Sunny driven home.

"I'll see you tomorrow then?" Donghae said, about to go the opposite direction.

I nodded. "Be careful on your way home, you too Sunny. Please take care of Donghae when crossing the street. You know how he can be too clumsy."

Sunny gave a two-thumbs up. "I know!" Sunny and I both laughed at Donghae "You too Sungmin, take care. You know how Kyuhyun Oppa drives really fast."

I gave her a thumbs up as well. "I know. See you tomorrow!" I waved at both of them before turning to walk towards the parking lot. I looked around me to see that I've been walking alone all this time. Where's Kyuhyun?

I walked towards where he had his motorbike parked. I found him there, leaning on his bike, probably waiting.

"You didn't say goodbye to Sunny and Donghae."

"Why? I'll be seeing them tomorrow."

"Well yeah... but..." I nodded as I considered what he was saying. Of course, he must not be used to talking to them anyway. "I get that you don't talk to other students that much. If that's how you like it, then I wouldn't mind. But you should've at least waited for me and not went here alone." I said frowning.

Kyuhyun opened his mouth like he was going to say something, but he closed it again.

Why do I suddenly want to keep him so close to me? I feel really bad right now that he didn't wait for me to walk with him. Was this how he felt when I asked him to keep his distance from me in the lounge?

I didn't realized that I was staring down at my toes until he tilted my chin up to make me look up at him "Hey..." he rubbed his thumb back and forth on my chin "You're pouting"

"I am?" Was I? I'm not really sure what I'm thinking.

He stared at me, like he was searching for something in my eyes. He then blinked and gave a long sigh "I'm sorry."

My eyebrows shot up. Why was he saying sorry? Is he thinking of doing something that's not good? Did he do something?

"I'm sorry" he repeated releasing my chin and scratched the back of his head, looking everywhere, flustered. "I'm sorry, I left you to walk alone. I'm not really sure how much I should lay low, or how much space you need  so you will not feel uncomfortable. I'm sorry." He said biting his lower lip, looking down on the ground.

I sighed, feeling relief with what he said, I cupped his cheeks with both my hands, looking at his face with a smile "Oh Kyuhyunnie, you got me worried there for a second. I thought you were saying sorry because you did something wrong... or bad." I almost laughed staring at his weary face "I'm sorry too. I regretted it when I asked you to give some space." I faked a pout, making his lips crack in a smile that he was trying to hold back.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter