My Senior Year : Moon and Wine

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Moon and Wine 

"I'm going away Sungmin. I'm leaving for China in 3 weeks."

I couldn't tell how quick, but I knew that the smile I had on my lips were gone. Leaving? China? In 3 weeks? I felt my heartbeat went fast and my breathing suddenly uneven. Weren't we just having fun?

Kyuhyun stared down at me. He was looking at me like he wanted to say something, but he couldn't. Suddenly, the sky behind him seemed so dark.

I swallowed and gripped the handle bars between my legs. I pressed down on it as I begin to stand up, not letting Kyuhyun come down.

No. It wasn't an answer I wanted and I can't let him go down with me on the other side.

I continued to press down on the handle bars until I had both my feet on the ground. I lifted one foot and stepped on the seesaw's plank I was sitting on a while ago. I then stood straight and looked at Kyuhyun.

"Sungmin..." his voice sounded like a plead.

I stepped away from the seesaw and let Kyuhyun fall on his own. I then turned back and began walking towards where we left the bikes.

"Sungmin, wait..." Kyuhyun caught my arm just as I was about to climb on the bike "I've been wanting to tell you all about it. I found out yesterday. Appa... He called me while you were getting your things and he confirmed the schedule."

I only shrugged his hand away and rode the bike back home.

After I was inside, I ran upstairs but went past Kyuhyun's room. He was a bit left behind so I hurried and went directly to Ahra Noona's door.

"Sungmin, what is it?" Ahra Noona opened her door after a few knocks.

I took a deep breath and saw that Kyuhyun was already making his way from the stairs, towards me. I squeezed between Ahra Noona and the door, locking us both inside her room.

A knock came "Sungmin... Please come out... Talk to me..."

I stepped back and stared at the door.

Ahra Noona stood between me and her door. She crossed her arms over her chest and sighed "Did he told you about China?"

I bit the inside of my lower lip and nodded.

"It won't take that long Sungmin. Did he told you why he's going there?"

Another knock came from the door as I shook my head "Noona! Open up!"

"Shut up and go away! We're talking!" Ahra Noona yelled and dragged me towards her bed. "Sit." I obeyed and she sat on a swivel chair to face me. "Talk."

"Why didn't he told me right away?" I asked when I finally gathered the will to speak up.

Ahra Noona gave an unsure smile "I'm sure he's been thinking about how to tell you since he found out" Ahra Noona reached for my hand "Appa didn't found out about it before he called Kyuhyunnie... It seemed to be a very short notice."

"Why does he have to go to China?" I grabbed a pillow and hugged it tight, crossing my legs on the bed as I pouted.

"Exchange student. He's been doing it for almost every year. The school has a branch in China and he's sent there once almost every year. He's the most eligible student to send again this year." Ahra Noona moved from her chair, next to me on the bed. "You two should talk. I want him to be the one to tell you all the details. I don't think it's my part to tell you all about it."

I sighed and tried not to frown, but I couldn't help it. Kyuhyun's really leaving for China. He's going away. What am I going to do about it?

I spent the rest of the afternoon in Ahra Noona's room. She let me stay there and take a nap, only waking me up in time to get ready for dinner. Kyuhyun was already sitting by the table when Ahra Noona and I entered the dining area.

I sat next to Ahra Noona instead of him and the dinner was more quiet than usual. I only exchanged short smiles with Mrs. Cho and Principal, and only talked when I'm being asked something.

"Are you okay dear?" Mrs. Cho patted my back as I finished helping her with the dishes "You've been very quiet. Do you want me to make you something?"

 I shook my head and gave a shy smile "No, please... I'm doing fine Mrs. Cho. Just a bit tired, I guess. Kyuhyunnie and I went to many places, biking."

Mrs. Cho cupped both my cheeks and stared at my face "Why do you still call me that? Our Sungminnie..." she smiled warmly and gave me a quick hug "Can't you just call me your Umma?"

My mouth fell open and I gaped at her.

Principal Cho laughed from behind us "Sungmin, she really wants you to call her that. Now, you can call me Appa, but not inside the school, alright?"

"Ah--" I only ended up giving an unsure laugh. Did Kyuhyunnie's Umma and Appa just became my Umma and Appa too?

"Now, why don't you go up stairs and get ready for bed? Just leave Umma to do all the drying of the dishes. Go on..." Mrs. Cho--I mean Cho Umma--pushed me to head out of the kitchen. Man, isn't that awkward?

Kyuhyun was sitting on the bed when I got out of the shower. He wasn't in his room when I went up so I was a little surprised to see him there when I exited the bathroom.

I tried not to look at him and headed towards the chair where I left my bag open. I was busy putting back my stuff in my bag, because I was going home th

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter