My Senior Year : Promise

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Promise

It just felt okay to cry.

"Sungminnie..." he slowly whispered in my ear "You cried this much back then too" his voice, too light.

Huh? With tears in my eyes, I pulled back to look at his face. "Back then?"

Cho Kyuhyun began to wipe my tears with his hand and he cupped my cheek and looked at me deeply. I knew he was going to say something but I jumped in shock away from him when I felt something vibrate from his coat's front pocket.

It was his phone. He fished it from his pocket and answered a call.

"Yobeseyo? ... Noona? ... Already?? That's too fast... Yes ... He's here ... In front of me ... Already finished ... " I stood there as I watched Cho Kyuhyun talk to whom I supposed is Ahra Noona. He kept his gaze on me the whole time. "Okay ... I'll see you outside ... Okay! Okay! ... Laters!" He hung up and placed his phone back in his pocket. "Ahra Noona is almost here" He placed his hand over my shoulder and leveled his face with mine, as if studying my face. "Will you be okay?"

I only nodded.

"Then will you send me out?"

I nodded again.

"Don't cry anymore, okay?"

Another nod.

"Give me your phone"

What? Give him what? My phone? "Why? What for?" I asked, surprised that my voice sounded really bad from crying, I sniffed a couple of times.

"Don't ask, just hand it to me" standing straight and offering his hand in front of me.

I took my phone from my pocket and handed it to him. He pressed a few numbers and typed something then gave it back to me.

I held my phone on my hand and noticed that was calling another line. Soon enough, Cho Kyuhyun's phone vibrated again. He took it from his pocket and canceled the call. "There, I have your number and you have mine. Call me when you need me."

I put my phone back in my pocket. I felt stunned at Cho Kyuhyun's sudden change. He was suddenly nice and he seemed to be caring out of nowhere. Was it because of what I told him? He must pity me.

Cho Kyuhyun placed his jacket inside his backpack before putting it behind him. I started to unlock the door and opened it once I felt him behind me. The rain stopped pouring. I descended the steps on the front porch and started my way through the path walk heading for the gate.

"Hey!" Cho Kyuhyun called after a few steps "Let's walk together"

I stopped, waiting for him to catch up. We walked in silence. Just as we were getting near the gate, I heard a car stopping in front and a quick blow of a horn. It must be Ahra Noona.

I went to the gate fast and started pulling on the locks for Cho Kyuhyun to be able to get out. As I was about to pull the gate open Cho Kyuhyun wrapped an arm around me from behind. I stood frozen again.

"Don't be sad anymore. Don't cry again." He whispered right next to my ear.

I felt secured in Cho Kyuhyun's arm. I didn't dare fight him off. I just stood there. I felt like I shouldn't be sad and I know I will not be crying again.

"Cho Kyuhyun..." I whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

It's the nth time I changed positions in my bed. I've been lying down for approximately 2 hours and I'm still awake. After today's events I don't think I'll be able to sleep at all. My mind is just filled and bothered with thoughts of Cho Kyuhyun.

It seems like we've met before. It's what everyone's implying.

First, Principal Cho, second is Halmeoni, then Leeteuk Hyung, and then Cho Kyuhyun himself.

I shouldn't be thinking like this right now. I have 2 quizzes tomorrow. I have catching up to do... Wait! That's it!

I stood up from bed and headed for my desktop computer. I opened it and checked my email. Donghae said that he saved notes for me and he will email it to me.

There it is... Donghae's email.

Received Wednesday 07:42:03 PST From: Lee Donghae Reply-To: [email protected] Subject: Today's Lessons To: [email protected] Content-Type: text/plain; attached files Sungmin! I scanned and attached our lessons from earlier with this email. Just download it okay? *~* and another thing,I know I should've told you earlier but actually, Cho Kyuhyun already came back to school today. He was looking for you. I'm sorry I didn't tell you about it. Although I told him that I will be meeting you in a café after class. He told me not to tell you that he came to school and that he was looking for you n.n im sorry again Sungmin. forgive me okay? >,< i'll see you in school tomorrow. good night! - donghae >(())> Message-ID:

I sat back on my chair as I started downloading the files from Donghae.

So that's why Donghae never told me about Cho Kyuhyun though he knew that I've been looking for him for days now. That Cho Kyuhyun.

It's a good thing I have my lessons to review and go over with or else I'd be lying down on my bed thinking about everything all night.

I started going through the lessons Donghae sent me. These are easy. I think I'd be over it in no time.

I got busy and decided to do advance studying to get my mind of unwanted thoughts. I didn't notice the time until I heard a sound from my bedside table. It was my phone. I checked the time and it's a few minutes before midnight.

I decided to shut down my PC and then I kept my things. I didn't bother reading the message I got. It's probably Hyukkie. He would stay up this late to study and then send group messages for everyone before he sleeps.

I hugged MinBunny the moment I was able to lie on my bed. "MinBunny, did Cho Kyuhyun took care of you while you were with him? He must've, right? I think he likes you. Do you like Cho Kyuhyun MinBunny? Huh? You're not sure? I don't think you should. You should only like me MinBunny!"

A few more minutes passed and it was midnight. I couldn't sleep. I decided to play a game on my phone. It worked last time and my eyes got so tired that I had to sleep.

I shifted on my bed and reached for my phone. Unlocking it, I saw the message I got from earlier, but it wasn't from Hyukkie. An unregistered number sent me a message.

"Still up?" said the message.

"I'm sorry but may I know who u are and why u sent me a msg?" I replied, wondering who would be sending me an SMS late at night.

"Are you serious?" was the quick reply.

"Why wouldn't I be? Who are u?" Can't this person just answer my question?

"Yah Lee Sungmin! I already gave you my number, you just have to save it!"  another message came "It's Kyuhyun, Cho Kyuhyun!"

Cho Kyuhyun. That's right. He gave me his number and he got mine earlier. I thought he said I should call him when I need him. Why is he sending messages now?

I replied "Oh, I'm sorry... I forgot to save it when you left."

"Obviously! Why are you still up? Have you been crying again?"

"No... I can't sleep."

"Why?"

"I'm thinking..."

"About?" he was responding quickly.

"Stuff"

"What kind of stuff?"

"Just stuff."

"Are you thinking about me?"

'YOU? Why would I? ur crazy!" this Cho Kyuhyun really knows how to irritate me. Wait. He is kinda right about that.

"Am I?"

"Yes u are. Why would I be thinking about u?" 

"Coz I've been thinking about you."

It shocked me that he said that. I decided not to send him a reply anymore. I don't know where our conversation will be going, but I really need to sleep. I don't need more stuff to think about.

He's thinking about me... Yeah right. Why?

"Don't be sad anymore. Don't cry again." He whispered right next to my ear.

I felt secured in Cho Kyuhyun's arm. I didn't dare fight him off. I just stood there. I felt like I shouldn't be sad and I know I will not be crying again.

"Cho Kyuhyun..." I whispered.

"Hmm?"

"Thank you"

Ahra Noona blew her horn again and Cho Kyuhyun let me go. I opened the gate to let him pass. He walked straight to the car. He looked back at me before getting in. I saw Ahra Noona waving at me and I waved back with a little smile on my face.

"Get inside, it's cold" Cho Kyuhyun said before he opened the door. He waited for me to nod and he got inside the car.

Ahra Noona waved goodbye again. I waved one last time then went inside to lock the gate.

I flattened my back on the cold metal of the gate and steadied my breat

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter