My Senior Year : See You Soon

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : See You Soon

 

"Kyuhyun... call me Kyuhyun..." and with that he slowly closed his eyes and slept.

It was the last thing I heard from Cho Kyuhyun. The lack of sleep from the night before took toll on me and I too, fell asleep with my head on the bed next to Cho Kyuhyun.

"Sungmin..."

I don't know how long it has been but I woke up with a very light shake on my shoulder. I lifted my head up to see Cho Kyuhyun's face in front of me. He was sleeping soundly. I wonder who woke me up.

"Sungmin-ah..." It was Ahra Noona, she was standing behind me. I take it that she was the one who woke me up. She's already back. It was only then that I noticed that the sun was setting low and it can be seen on the window.

"Ahra Noona... Welcome back" I said scratching my eyes. I had a hoarse voice when I spoke, must have slept a good 3 hours.

She smiled and patted my head. "Aww... Our Sungmin did really great today, hmm?" She was talking in a very soft voice. She probably didn't want to wake Cho Kyuhyun up. I stood up so we can talk better. We both walked away a bit from Cho Kyuhyun, not wanting to disturn him from his sleep. "Did Kyuhyun made you feel tired?"

I shook my head trying to cut off a yawn that was already coming. I blinked a couple of times to be able to open my eyes wider. "It's okay Ahra Noona. We didn't do much. We just ate and talked."

"Oh Sungmin... You did really great" Ahra Noona lifted the empty bento boxes one by one and shook it. Seems like she's checking if it's empty. "You finished all the food that Umma prepared?" she looked surprised but happy.

I nodded. "We ate everything. He went to bed after tidying up and chatting for a bit."

Ahra Noona looked really pleased. She smiled widely. "You know Sungmin, Kyuhyunnie..." she gave quick glance at Cho Kyuhyun making sure he's still sleeping. "Kyuhyunnie would barely eat and rest. I'm so happy you came. He was able to eat a lot today. And now, he's sleeping like a baby." Ahra Noona gave me a tap on my shoulders.

I looked over to Cho Kyuhyun. If only Ahra Noona knew what happened today.

"Oh I would love it if you came here again and take care of him, but the doctor just told me that he's coming out of the hospital soon."

"Really? That's good news!" I was really happy for him. Though some how I feel regret. I would want to visit him again. Maybe once we're back in school, we'll be back to our old selves. And I'll only be seeing the cold and quiet Cho Kyuhyun again.

I think today, we made alot of progress in our rapport. I think I was able to understand more of him today. And I guess, I don't actually hate him, nor dislike him. I just needed to understand him.

"I should take you home now. Maybe I can make it back here before he wakes up."

"Uhg... Yeah... I guess..."

"It is okay, right? Or do you want to say goodbye to him? We can wake him up" Ahra Noona started walking towards Cho Kyuhyun.

"Ah... Noona" I signalled to stop her "...no need to wake him up. I think he's really tired. And he was up early. Let's just let him rest. I'll grab my bag and we can leave."

"Are you sure?" she stopped half-way.

"Yes... I'll see him in school once he's out, right?" I forced myself to smile brightly. Why did I have to? Just this morning I was so ready to leave him and go home. And now I feel kinda sad that I have to. "Just tell him I wish him well and that I had to go home."

Ahra Noona had a car waiting for us outside the hosptal. It was just the two of us this time.

"Put your seatbelt on Sungmin" she said as she put on hers.

I followed right away and the minute I clicked the seatbelt locked, the car sped up the road. Now, I believe that she will be back even before Cho Kyuhyun wakes up.

Minutes passed before Ahra Noona started talking again. She gave me a glance. "Are you okay Sungmin? You look pale?"

"Ha-ha-ha... I'm alright." An awkward laugh like the ones from Donghae escaped me again.

"Are you sure? Do you want me to slow down?"

"Can you?"

She laughed after I asked her. I noticed that she slowed down a bit. "Sorry Sungmin-ah... You must not be used to this. I always drive fast."

"Yeah Noona, I noticed it runs in your family." I replied and I made her laugh even more.

"Aw... I really wish you and Kyuhyunnie will be friends. Good friends. I really like your company. I think I would like to see how my brother is around you."

"Ha-ha-ha... I'm curious to find out as well Ahra Noona." what I said made her laugh even more.

The rest of the drive home was spent with Ahra Noona telling me about how Cho Kyuhyun isn't really friendly at all and his studying habits and how he would make people around him snap in anger. How cold his brother is to everyone and how people were scared of his brooding little brother who used to be very adorable when he was a lot younger. And then in return she asked me what I did at home when I was being home-schooled and asked me stuff about my family as well.

The drive lasted for about an hour. It was almost dark when we got to my place. Ahra Noona stopped in front of our gate and got down from the car. I hurriedly went down after her so she won't have to get my door.

"Thank you so much Ahra Noona!" I smiled and told her after I closed the door.

"Aw, I should be the one thanking you Sungmin-ah... I'm really thankful to you. I'm sure our mother and father  is thankful to you too."

"Aigo, Noona I just visited someone in the hospital, I didn't do anything special."

"Who says you didn't? Yah, Sungmin, you saved my brother from those men who were beating him up. And then you went out of your way even though you obviously don't want to but you still visited my brother and came as a friend. I'm really happy. It's the first time someone visited him."

"First time?"

"You really think my brother is the type who can be visited without getting angry at his visitor?"

"You knew all along that he'll be mad if I came?"

She just smiled and nodded.

"Omo Ahra Noona! Then why did you ask me to come?"

"You managed to stay and spend the day with him, right?"

I nodded. Unsure of what she's trying to imply.

"That's exactly why Sungmin. You just seem to be what my brother needs. And besides, you're too cute for him to be mad at you" she came near me to pinch my cheeks. "Don't be scared of him or don't get mad at him too easily, okay? If there's any problem with him, you can always tell me and I'll beat him up for you."

We both laughed at what she said. Yeah... I think I can be friends with Cho Kyuhyun. With Ahra Noona here, I have nothing to worry about.

After a few more moments of laughter Ahra Noona decided to say goodbye. She came to me and gave me a hug. "Thank you Sungmin."

I held her hand and smiled at her. "I'll see you again soon?"

"Of course you will. I'll visit you in school and check on you and Kyuhyunnie more often okay?" I nodded as she let my hand go. She patted my head to ruffle my hair. "Now, go inside and rest. I need to be back before our young master wakes up."

"Okay Ahra Noona." I started walking back to our gate as she walked to her side of the car. "Be careful and please try not to drive too fast."

"Okay! I'll try. See you soon!" She got inside the car. I can see her waving at me from inside the car. She was making a sign with her hand asking me to go inside. She waved one last time and to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter