My Senior Year : MinBunny

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : MinBunny

"I'm not asking you. I'm talking to him." Cho Kyuhyun said, pointing at MinBunny.

"Mwo?!"

"You must be hungry." Cho Kyuhyun said... said to MinBunny who was currently seated in between us.

Without saying another word Cho Kyuhyun took MinBunny with him as he stood up and walked over to the table where the food was placed by the guy who came in. He placed MinBunny on the table as he used his free hand to inspect what's inside the set of bags that was brought over for him.

"It's really hard to prepare food when you can only use one hand MinBunny." Again Cho Kyuhyun said to MinBunny as if he wasn't trying to tell me something.

I sighed. He's really not the type to ask for help or would ask someone a favor. Earlier when he asked me to feed him, it was like making me feel guilty for everything and now he's doing it again. He continued to rummage the bento boxes that was in the bag. "You know Cho Kyuhyun, if you need help with anything, you can simply ask me for help. No need to make it seem like I'm giving you burden." I stood up taking the plate of apples with me and walked over to him and MinBunny.

He continued in taking out lunch boxes from the bag. I place down the plate of apples, took the boxes from his hands and proceeded on taking out everything.

 He stood next to me as I work my way in to taking out the food and opening the lids one by one. I can feel his eyes from behind me as I kept my concentration on preparing everything for lunch. "Why don't you just sit down? Your nurse told me to make sure you take your time resting."

"Can we eat by the window?" He said from behind me.

I never noticed how close he was from behind me until he spoke. He was standing really close, that if I lean back a little I'd be leaning on his bare shoulders. (I still haven't asked him to fix that damn hospital gown)

"By the window?" I asked looking over to where he wanted to eat, trying to avoid any contact between me and that stupid bare shoulder.

There was a coffee table paired with the couch that was near the window next to the TV. It's where he sat when we just got back in the room. For a gloomy cold guy, I never took him for the one who would enjoy sun light and lunch by the window.

"Can we?" he said flatly. "At the least, I can get a different view aside from the walls inside this room."

"Okay. Just head over there and take MinBunny with you. I'll take these there and prepare drinks so you can eat." Have to say that to get him off my back and move comfortably as I prepare the food.

He took MinBunny by the ears and headed for the couch. I can see them from the corners of my eyes. He sat and placed MinBunny on his lap. Again, facing him. He was flipping MinBunny's ears and uttering something. (Yah, Cho Kyuhyun you better not say anything bad about me to MinBunny, he's a loyal friend of Sungminnie) I quickly grabbed a plates, chopsticks, and spoons from the cup board and started transferring food from where it was to the couch. Every time I'd come near them Cho Kyuhyun would stop murmuring things to MinBunny and then when I leave for the table he'd start again.

"Yah, Cho Kyuhyun! What are you saying to MinBunny? Are you crazy? Stop talking to him!"

"I'm crazy? Because I talk to this MinBunny of yours? And what? You get to talk to him freely and take him to school and not be crazy?" He raised an eyebrow at me again. Waiting for my answer.

I took the last set of bento boxes from the table and placed it on the coffee table in front of the couch. I sat on the couch next to Cho Kyuhyun before answering him. "I am authorized to talk to him and--- Wait, how'd you know I brought MinBunny to school?"

"I kinda saw you showing the room around and talking to something in your bag the other day. I remember it was pink and kinda fluffy. But you said it was nothing when I asked you who you were talking to." He reached for a pair of chopsticks and handed it over to me.

"You still need me to feed you again? You're not playing a game anymore!"

"You're hungry. Eat."

I remember saying I was hungry when I thought he was talking to me. I stared at the chopstick he was handing over for a while.

"Yah! Take this, I'm hungry too."

"Kamsahamnida." I took the chopsticks from him.

"Lee Sungmin, you don't have to speak so formally to me." Cho Kyuhyun said when he took a pair of chopsticks for himself.

"Sungmin. Call me Sungmin." I don't really know why I was talking formally to him. Or why I haven't called him just by his given name instead of his full name. But I think I should let him call me Sungmin.

"Fine. Eat." he handed me a small plate and he started eating. He must be hungry, but he looked funny because he was concentrating on which food to eat first. His mom packed a great amount of food for us. There were different kinds of sushi and cooked meat. It had seaweed rice balls and egg rolls too. And then one contained vegetables and seafood. There were lots of seafood actually, I can see Cho Kyuhyun hovering his chopsticks over the bento boxes undecided on what to eat first.

I was enjoying watching him decide. It took long enough when he decided to take over the seafood in one box. After eating a few pieces he gave me an odd look and spoke with a tempura halfway in his mouth. "You don't expect me to feed you, right?"

Oh yeah. I was going to eat with him. "Huh? No... No... I was just going to... will you fix that hospital gown of yours?!" I didn't why my stupid mouth chose to say that now but it's already been said and I couldn't take it back. Cho Kyuhyun gave his bare shoulder a look then quickly lifted his gown on left side to cover it. Useless as it was, the moment he covered his left shoulder his right shoulder which was closer to me was exposed. Aish... I better start eating now.

We were quiet for a few moments when he cleared his throat. "So, who's taking care of you at home?"

I was a bit held back by his question when I remembered that I mentioned earlier that my parents ae already gone. "Halmeoni. She's been with us ever since. My Umma and Appa never left her side even when they got married, so she basically helped in taking care of me while my parents are working for her. My Halmeoni is the CEO and Umma and Appa both work under her. When my parents were murdered, I was left under her care."

I can see that Cho Kyuhyun was sincerely paying attention to me while he ate and I tell him about my parents.

He was being attentive so I decided to keep on talking. I don't want awkwardness to fill in the gap between  us anyway. "My Halmeoni is a very nice person. She took care of me and her staff really well. My friend Eunyuk, the one who bought the apples, he's the son of one of Halmeoni's loyal staff. They live with us and Halmeoni would cover for Eunhyukkies's studies. In return, aside from being my friend, he would act as my companion too."

"Is that why he would take you and then pick you up from school all the time?" he sounded so curious yet he sounded doubtful.

"Yes, that's exactly why. I don't think Halmeoni would let me go anywhere without Hyukkie." (The egg rolls are really good) *munching*

"So you're just friends. Okay." he sounded convinced.

"We're best friends." I wonder why he was talking like that. "Why?"

"Nothing" he took another piece of tempura from the box and place it on the plate I was holding "Here, eat that. It's really good."

I took a bite and it he was right. It's really good. "This is really good, your mom made all these?"

He only nodded from his plate of seafood and rice balls.

"My Halmeoni is a good cook too. But I wish I could eat my Umma's cooking again. She would always cook for us whenever she isn't at work."

"You miss your Umma a lot?"

"So much. Umma and Appa. I dream about them a lot but it's never enough." I felt sad. I sighed and paused from eating.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter