My Senior Year : Camping Out

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Camping Out

"These are so good Noona!" I exclaimed, taking another bite from the cookie on my left hand and stared at the muffin on my right. "So soft and chewy..." I hummed with closed eyes.

Ahra Noona was sitting across me on the logs that were placed under the tree shade by the lake where we swam the other night. "Umma was so excited when I was asked to come here as a counselor, but the first thing she thought of was for me to bring you and Kyuhyunnie more food." She said looking around the area. "This is a nice place to sneak out to... This is where you two have been skinny-dipping, right?"

"Noona! We never said we were doing that thing!" I exclaimed, feeling warmth crawl up on my face.

Ahra Noona laughed "I was just trying to catch you off guard"

I pouted at her "But we never did anything like that... How can we if we're at camp with all the people here who could ppossibly see us?"

"So if you were in a private place like a spa or a hotel, you would consider skinny-dipping?" She asked with wide eyes.

"Aigo Noona~~!"

She laughed even louder. "Alright... Alright I'll stop." She shifted on her spot, grabbing a cookie. "Were you surprised when Kyuhyun came with you here?"

I nodded quickly. "I really though I was coming with Donghae. I was excited to come to camp but leaving Kyuhyunnie, knowing that he'll be in China in a few weeks, I was feeling so bad for going."

"And yet your friend Donghae sacrificed coming here for you two. You should spend your time here well, Sungmin." Ahra Noona reminded.

"I know that Noona. I still don't know how to thank Donghae for what he did for us. I know how much he wanted to come here. He was so excited for camp, yet he gave it up for me." I was feeling a bit guilty, then I remembered something Kyuhyun said. "Though I remember Kyuhyunnie saying that you'll take care of the situation for him... How?"

"Oh..." Ahra Noona wiggled her eyebrows and grinned. "You'll find out when you get back from camp. I'm sure Donghae will have a lot to talk about, just like you." She had a smug look on her face, just like how Kyuhyun would look whenever he's trying to show off. "Kyuhyun fed me some information and I think I did the right thing for Donghae, to say thanks for you."

Hmm? I wonder what she did...

"Are you sure you don't want me to carry that for you?" Kyuhyun asked again when he turned to me for the nth time.

"I said it's fine. Just keep walking and I'll follow close behind you." I was panting, following Kyuhyun's quick steps to our campsite.

Only the junior and senior students were allowed to camp out. We took a short bus ride and got down somewhere to start trekking.

We were given different directions by having us pick our own maps in a big bowl.

First to arrive at camp will be given a more comfortable tent to sleep in and those who would come later will have to share tents.

We were divided into groups and we have to out-run 6 others to sleep in a separate tent. I was trying my best to keep up with Kyuhyunnie because I know how much he didn't want to share a tent with others.

I don't know why but I didn't feel good when I saw the area we were going to head on for the trek. Something about it maybe spooked me a bit.

Maybe because I haven't been in the woods since--

"Sungmin you have to keep up with me or else you're gonna get lost. It's getting dark, you won't know how to track your way back." It was the last thing I heard Kyuhyun say.

Five minutes later, I was standing in the middle of tall trees and unfamiliar plants, spinning in every direction, having no idea where I was.

Darn it! I should've asked Kyuhyun to walk slower. Now I don't know where he is.

"Kyuhyunnie!" I called and waited for a few seconds to get a response. I kept turning around. "Cho Kyuhyun!"

Why is he not answering?

Did he walk too fast that he's far from me now?

I started walking towards wherever my feet would take me.

I tried to walk fast and not look around. "Kyuhyunnie!" I yelled some more.

My feet were moving faster and faster on their own... I don't even know when I started running.

I was running as fast as I can. That's what the man told me.

"Run! Run as fast as you can and don't look back! Go, run!"

The man held a gun. He was looking around trying to see if someone's watching.

We were somewhere in the middle of the woods. It was dark and I can barely see where we were.

Thankfully, the moon was shining bright and it help me find my way.

I fell on the ground a couple of times but I stood back up, never looking back.

I ran. I kept running and running until I heard the sound of vehicles passing by.

It must mean that I'm near a road, right?

I fell on the ground again. Weight on my arms. It hurt a lot.

Sungminnie, you have to get up. I tried willing the pain away.

I slowly stood up and tried running again. My arms hurt too much.

Umma, Appa... I felt tears stinging my eyes.

I kept wiping the tears that were falling from my eyes. Is someone coming after me?

"Kyuhyunnie!" Why is he not answering me?

Where am I going?

I must have been running too fast because it hurt a lot when I fell, I was panting but the pain that hit from my left leg caused me to yelp.

I couldn't stop the tears flowing from my eyes. Someone's coming after me... "Kyuhyunnie!" I cried out clutching my leg on the ground.

Everything was happening so fast. I was just behind Kyuhyun walking quickly to get to our campsite. It was still bright then, but now it's getting darker and I'm alone in the woods, my leg injured.

"Kyuhyunnie..." I whispered, closing my eyes. I wish he would come for me soon. Please find me, Kyuhyunnie...

"Sungmin? Sungmin?!"

"Kyuhyunnie..."

"Sungmin? Are you waking up?"

I heard a few rustles beside me when I tried to open my eyes.

"Hey..." It was Ahra Noona who was leaning over me. "Are you okay?"

I breathed in a couple of times.. Why am I shaking? I feel nervous.

"Sungmin? Are you crying? Did the woods scare you?" She tried to pull my head up and adjusted so I can rest my head on her lap.

"He must've panicked when he lost sight of Kyuhyun." I heard a familiar voice say.

"Did he got lost in the woods before? Or maybe had an accident in one? He was pale and shaking when we found him." Another voice said.

I tried to open my eyes again. It was Ryeowook and Yesung.

"Sungmin, are you okay? Please answer me... Do you want me to send you to a hospital?" Ahra Noona asked again.

No, I don't want a hospital. "Kyuhyunnie..."

"I called him in when Sungmin started to wake up but he didn't move from sitting by the bonfire" Yesung said to Ahra Noona.

"Why don't you guys stay here with Sungmin for a while? I'll go talk to Kyuhyun. He must be feeling bad for losing Sungmin in the woods a while ago." Ahra Noona held my head down and crawled out.

It was only then that I realized we were inside a tent that was big enough for maybe 4-5 people.

I pushed off the blanket that was over me and tried to stand up but Yesung stopped me "Don't get up yet!"

"You injured your left leg" Ryeowook said and walked closer "Someone already came to check your leg, it's just a sprain but it will be better if you rest it for now, you can't over work it if you have to trek back tomorrow."

"I need to go to Kyuhyun." If I heard Ahra Noona right and if I was hurt like this, Kyuhyun must be feeling bad.

I can't let him blame himself for an accident.

They were right. I panicked... Especially when I recalled what happened to me when I was kidnapped. It scared me a lot.

"Just stay here..." Yesung said and guided Ryeowook out "We'll call him in for you."

"You weren't next to me when I woke up" I said when Kyuhyun stepped inside the tent with food at hand.

"Are you fine to get up?" He asked, ignoring what I said and sat next to me on the floor which was matted by a thick sleeping bag. "I brought you food. You should eat this so you can drink a painkiller."

"Kyuhyunnie..." I took the food from his hand and placed it on my other side.

He straightened his legs in front of him just like I did. Kyuhyun had a frown on his face as he stared at my bandaged foot.

"It's not your fault."

"But I was--"

"I said it's not your fault. I know you think it's your fault, but I am making it clear now. It's not your fault."

Kyuhyun sighed from next to me. "I should've walked slower. Or maybe I should've made you walk before me."

"Kyuhyunnie~ Stop it with the guilt-tripping. I got injured because I panicked... I saw--I saw things from when I was kidnapped." I shook my head "It wasn't anyone's fault this happened."

"But I should've looked out more for you. Halmeonim won't like it if she finds out I let this happen to you. Even Umma won't like it..." He fiddled with his fingers on his lap, it was really rare to see Kyuhyun like this.

"It was an accident... I didn't feel comfortable about the woods since we arrived. I should've said something, but I didn't know what's bothering me." I reached for his hand and held it "We're not arguing about this, okay?"

Kyuhyun shook his head and lifted my hand to his lips, kissing every knuckle. "Just let me apologize. I feel really bad. I'm sorry..." He kissed the back of my hand before looking me.

Kyuhyun gasped, surprised when I caught his lips with mine. "I'm sorry too" I mumbled while our entwined hands slipped down to rest on his lap as we let our lips touch.

It would have been perfect if a camera didn't flash before us, making us part faster than its shutter.

I was so surprised, and worry took over me that I was able to stand straight and walk towards Ahra Noona.

She hid the camera behind her. "I was taking photos around the campsite for remembrance!" She said, backing up "I didn't know you guys were doin

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter