My Senior Year : Come Inside

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Come Inside

I know who it belongs to...

Cho Kyuhyun.

But is that really him? How could he be here? Is he all better now?

I started to move around my seat. Leeteuk Hyung noticed my sudden bit of a panic.

"Sungmin, what's wrong?" Teukkie Hyung asked slowing down.

"Yah, that person isn't who I think he is, right?" Hyukkie lunged in from between Hyung and my seat, trying to eye the figure in front of our gate.

"I'm afraid so..." I said in worry.

"What? Do you know that person waiting in front of the mansion?" Teukkie Hyung slowed down even more.

We're less than 10 meters from the gates and I think the person saw us slowing down. He shifted from on the motorcycle to stand straight still looking at our direction. He took off his helmet with one hand. Indeed it was Cho Kyuhyun.

"Hyung, that's Cho Kyuhyun!" Hyukkie said from between us.

"Jinjja? That's him? I though he was in the hospital..." Teukkie Hyung stopped the car by the garage gate. Cho Kyuhyun was waiting in front of the smaller gate which we used for going in and out of the house if not leaving by car.

"That's what I thought too. What is he..." My voice drifted as I started to get ready to get down from the car and did so.

I rounded the car from the back before it entered the garage, and walked towards Cho Kyuhyun. I slowed down as I got near him.

"Nice suit" He said narrowing his eyes with a little smirk on his face.

I look down on what I am wearing. I almost forgot that I am wearing a suit. Then I scanned him. He looked like he went to school today. That Donghae!!! He could've told me. I scanned Cho Kyuhyun's face as well. His lips weren't swollen anymore, just full. I don't see sign of bruises. Though it was not that bright outside I can see his face clearly and only a mark near his eyebrows were left. His arm, his arm was broken. Is he all better now? That fast?

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun! Why are you here? Are you all better now!?" I said crossing my arms in front of me, trying not sound worried.

It was only then that I noticed that he also had a backpack on. He took it off from behind him opened it and pulled something from inside. It was MinBunny. He handed it over to me without saying a word. Oh gosh, it's been so long since I last saw MinBunny. Why didn't I even thought about MinBunny first?

"MinBunny!" I exclaimed as I excitedly took the pink stuffed bunny from Cho Kyuhyun's hand. "Woah, I missed you! Did you got heavier?" I smiled upon realizing how much I wanted to hold MinBunny already. I hugged MinBunny close to me. "Did you take good care of MinBunny?" I asked Cho Kyuhyun with a sharp look on my eyes.

He stood straight and he seemed shocked by my question. "Yah! I was the one who hospitalized, not him! I can't believe I have to take care of that pillow for a few days. His owner just left him without a word." He said with wide eyes probing me.

"Yah! I didn't leave him on purpose, I just forgot him because you were sleeping tightly hugging MinBunny and I didn't want to disturb you. And I already told you he's not a pillow!" I said with one hand holding MinBunny and another hand on my waist.

"You left him, you forgot him, it's just the same."

Jinjja?! This Cho Kyuhyun, he got out of the hospital and he is back to this person again. I was feeling annoyed at him so I didn't notice that it was already starting to rain. I was shocked when Cho Kyuhyun grabbed my wrist and pulled me by the gate's shelter. There was a small space with a roof by the gate that we shared as the rain started to pour.

I gave him a curious look as to why he pulled me there.

He must've have noticed. "Do you want to be in the hospital next?" he asked.

I shook my head and bit my lip. I can't be sent to a hospital with just a few drops of rain on my head and face.

Suddenly, he lifted a hand to my face, with the back of his hand, Cho Kyuhyun wiped my cheek "You got wet that fast, you haven't even been under the rain for too long."

I moved back a bit as I felt my face get hot and red from what he did. I looked down on our toes that were almost touching from the closeness given the little space that the roof from the gate provided us.

"Yah..." he said and I lifted my head up to see his face. "Don't step back" he said very softly "You'll get wet" he said as he held my elbow with one hand and drew me closer to him.

"Sungminnie!!!" Just then the gate opened, Teukkie Hyung and Hyukkie stood from the inside. They both held umbrellas and then one more still unused.

"Why don't the both of you go inside first, here..." Hyukkie handed me the unused umbrella, which was obviously smaller than the ones he and Teukkie Hyung were holding.

I handed it over to Cho Kyuhyun who was currently confused and a bit shock by Teukkie Hyung and Hyukkie's sudden appearance. He took it with hesitance. I held my hand open to Hyukkie asking for the umbrella he's using.

"Mwo?" Hyukkie said tightening his hold on the umbrella.

"Give it!"

"No! You already have yours, you two use it to run across the garden and get inside the house."

"Hyukkie!!! You know we can't run across the garden we have to use the path walk. Give me another umbrella or we'll be too wet before we get inside the house." I shook the hand that I held open in front of Hyukkie. "Give that to me..." I sounded desperate.

Hyukkie ignored me and faced Cho Kyuhyun. "Kyuhyun-ssi?" Cho Kyuhyun nodded in an awkward manner "How about we get your motorcycle inside the garage for a while and let's wait for the rain to stop? It's gonna get very wet and we can't just leave it out there. Go inside with Sungminnie and wait for the rain to stop." Hyukkie said with a bit of a commanding tone.

Surprisingly, Cho Kyuhyun just nodded and gave an almost inaudible "Okay"

Leeteuk Hyung held the gate wider. "Go inside with your friend Sungminnie... You guys get dried up and have him join us for dinner. I don't think the rain is going to stop soon. Hurry. Get inside, now." Teukkie Hyung suddenly sounded all military-ish. What's happening again?

Hyukkie passed in between me and Cho Kyuhyun and headed for the garage. Teukkie Hyung went for Cho Kyuhyun's motorcycle and proceeded moving it to the garage while Hyukkie held the gate open.

I looked at Cho Kyuhyun. He didn't seem to mind. Why should I?

"It's your house, you know." he said, wanting me to take the lead.

"Of course. I know." I grabbed the umbrella from him and opened it. He took MinBunny from my hand. "Hey! What is it this time!?" I said trying to pull MinBunny back.

Cho Kyuhyun opened his backpack and slid MinBunny inside. "We don't want your pillow staying in the hospital anytime soon, right?" After wearing his backpack behind him he took back the umbrella again and stepped under the rain at the beginning of the path walk that headed to our house. He looked back and waited for me to step in under the umbrella with him.

*sigh* Oh what the heck!? I stood next to his right side i felt some of the rain falling down on my shoulder and saw his jacket getting wet as well. Again, he surprised me when he wrapped his right arm around my shoulder and pulled me close. Heat rose from my cheeks as I felt my heartbeat going double time.

"How long do you want us to stand here?" He asked a bit louder, coz the rain was making a lot of noise.

"Huh? Oh yeah... yeah... It's this way..." I started walking and he walked right next to me with one hand holding the umbrella and and another wrapped around me holding me close to him.

Cho Kyuhyun felt warm. Either he felt warm or I was feeling warm from the awkwardness mixed with a bit embarrassment that I feel right now.

The path walk heading to our door never felt so far before. It felt like we had to walk for a few hours just to get there. It was cold. I should be shaking but instead I felt warm and it was Cho Kyuhyun who was keeping me warm all along.

Just a few more steps and we ran up the stairs on our front porch. I immediately stepped away from Cho Kyuhyun and started shaking off some water that was on me. He did the same and he took of his jacket as well.

Only then that I saw that he still had a cast on his other arm. The jacket he was wearing prevented me from seeing it. All along he had a cast on his arm. How could he be driving his motorcycle with that!?

"YAH! Are you crazy?!" I walked up to him and making him face me.

He looked alarmed and surprised with my sudden rage.

"You drove your motorcycle with a cast on!? Mwo?? You just got out of the hospital Cho Kyuhyun!!!"

He stepped back a bit when I started yelling at him. I think he was kinda taken a back by my yelling.

"Yah... Lee Sungmin! Why do you have to yell at me? I'm fine. I can drive well."

"Well? You can drive well?! I can't even-- Ah! Jinjja!! You're really-- Yah! Can't you just rest at home for now?" I tried to calm down a bit. I don't even know why I'm this mad that he drove all the way here with an injured arm.

"I'm already here. Relax will you? You don't have to visit me, if I get hospitalized again..." He said like he almost wanted to laugh.

"Yah... Cho Kyuhyun... I'm just concerned about you. Can't you see that? I was worried when you got beaten up. I was worried when you didn't show up for school. I was worried when I saw you with injuries in the hospital. I was even worried when Ahra Noona told me that you don't eat well or rest while you stayed in the hospital too." I honestly told him as I backed away from him.

He was silent for a bit then he looked at me, his eyes narrow in question. "Why?"

"What?"

"Why?" He started walking towards me.

"What why?" I said, starting to regret my outburst. I knew what he wanted to know.

"Why are you worried?" He said, a smirk starting to form on his face.

"I-- I'm not sure..." I really have problems in controlling my mouth when I have to.

He continued to walk towards me.

"I don't know" I started stepping back.

"You don't know? But you sounded like you were really worried. There must be a reason... Sungminnie..." he called me Sungminnie just like how everyone else at home would call me.

"Yah, I already said I don't know" Soon enough I ran out of space to walk back in to. My back hit the railings on the porch and I had to stop there. Cho Kyuhyun came closer and closer.

I don't know why he's coming close and why I'm even backing up, but it felt neccessary that moment. I couldn't be more thankful to God when the front door opened spitting out Hyukkie, making Cho Kyuhyun stop walking towards me.

"Hey you two! Why don't you get inside? It's getting colder out here" As if he suddenly felt it, Hyukkie even shivered as he held the door open for me and Cho Kyuhyun to get in. "Sungmin-ah... Hurry! Sajang-nim wants to see you already. She's waiting for you and Cho Kyuhyun in her office." Hyukkie turned his back and walked back further inside the house.

I made my way to the door avoiding getting near Cho Kyuhyun. "Come inside" I said and held the door for him.

He only stared at me. I stared at him too. What is it this time?! I'm getting a bit impatient so I took his bag and jacket from his hand and then pulled him in "There's really nothing easy with you Cho Kyuhyun." I said locking the door.

"Kyuhyun"

"Huh?" I spun around to face him.

"Kyuhyun. I already told you to call me Kyuhyun"

That's right. It was the last thing he said to me before he fell asleep back in the hospital. "Then there's really nothing easy with you Kyuhyun-ssi" I repeated emphasizing his name.

"Kyuhyun. Just Kyuhyun" He was being stubborn and cold again.

"Alright! Just Kyuhyun! Come on" I said walking past him "Come with me so you can meet Halmeoni" I should at least try to act normal since I am in my own place and I shouldn't be the one feeling uncomfortable.

I walked in further inside the house. I can hear Cho Kyuhyun's footsteps from behind me but after a while it stopped. Right when we got near the hallway next to the stairs. He stopped to look at the pictures that were hanging on the wall in different frames.

"Your Umma and Appa?" He said pointing at one photo. I came near him to see it. He pointed at the last picture I had with Umma and Appa. It was taken on my first day of school. I was wearing a uniform, standing between Umma and Appa next to our car.

"Yes. That's my Umma and my Appa. That was the last picture we had together" I said smiling as I try to remember them.

"You look a lot like your Umma" Cho Kyuhyun said as he studied other photos.

"Really? Halmeoni says that a lot too. She said I take after my Umma's image and my Appa's habits"

"You're Appa thinks too much too?"

"You saying I think a lot?"

"It just shows. You're always tensed" He continued to look at the pictures on the wall. "This..." He pointed at another photo "Is this you and your friends from earlier?"

This time he pointed at a photo of me, Hyukkie and Leeteuk Hyung. Our arms linked together and our mouths open wide like we were yelling. "Ne. That one is Eunhyukkie and the tallest one there is Leeteuk Hyung. He's already in the military but he came to visit Umma and Appa's grave today"

Cho Kyuhyun nodded as he scanned the pictures more. "MinBunny" He said when he saw a picture of me and MinBunny "You really look alike, especially right here" He looked like he wanted to laugh. It was a picture taken when I was only 7 years old. My teeth fell out a year prior to that so I grew a new set of bigger teeth that time. I can't deny that I looked like MinBunny. Cho Kyuhyun saw another picture which was taken much closer and couldn't help but give out a small laugh as he shook his head "Yah, let's just go. I don't want to look at pictures of you anymore. I might get nightmares with bunnies attacking me"

"Yah! Will you stop mocking my photos. I was cute as a kid!" I said poking his shoulder.

"You're still cute even now" He said and then he suddenly switched from smiling to a serious face when he waited for me to respond.

"Ah-- C--" I awkwardly scratched the back of my ears. What do I tell him? I feel like I'm flushed. He said that cute thing again. "Of course I am!" I tried my best to act confident "Maybe because I don't go around brooding and being cold to people" I think I just hit the target mark. Cho Kyuhyun formed a flat line with his lips and didn't retort "Come on, let's not keep my Halmeon

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter