My Senior Year : Worried

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Worried

I lay on my bed restless as I waited for my phone to ring "What's taking so long MinBunny?" I said without looking at MinBunny who sat next to me on the bed.

I turned to lie on my belly, holding my phone in front of my face. Kyuhyun's face appeared, his eyes closed and his lips all puckered up.

"Did  you get home safe? You said you're going to send me a message when you get home" I said, tapping my finger on the screen to keep its light from going off.

I've been talking to MinBunny my whole life, but talking to Cho Kyuhyun's image on my phone screen felt a bit odd.

"Five more minutes, MinBunny. Five more minutes, and I will call him"

I rolled on the bed to lie on my back, balancing my phone on top of my forehead as I hummed a simple tune. I closed my eyes. Five more minutes... Maybe four...

"Yes?!" I exclaimed as I answered a call after pushing up from my bed when my phone rang.

"Sungmin?" Kyuhyun said from the other line "Are you okay? Have you been sleeping? Why do you sound like that?"

"Huh?" I checked the time on my alarm clock. It's been almost 20 minutes since I said I was going to call Kyuhyun "Oh, Kyuhyunnie, I'm sorry I kinda fell asleep" I realized that my voice did sounded a bit hoarse.

"I said I was going to send you a message when I get home, aren't you even worried that I didn't?" Is it just me, or did Kyuhyun sounded a bit disappointed.

"But... You said you're the one who's going to send a message and call"

"But I didn't send you a message, weren't you even worried?" he sounded accusing.

"Yah! You're the one who didn't send a message after you said you would, are you getting mad about it?"

"You probably estimated how long it would take me to get home, didn't you feel concerned when I haven't messaged you yet?"

"Of course I was wondering why, I felt worried"

"Then why didn't you call me?"

"You purposely did not messaged or called me because you want to know if I'm worried?!"

"And it seems like you weren't!"

"Aish! Kyuhyunnie, you're irritating. I was worried about you, around 20 minutes ago, I've decided I was gonna call you in five minutes, but I didn't know I was this tired so I fell asleep... You know what, why am I even explaining, you're the one who purposely made me worried. I'm going to sleep. I'm hanging up."

I ended the call as I finished my last sentence. Pressing on my phone with more force than needed. AISH!!!! That Cho Kyuhyun, he was fine all along and he's suddenly like this.

I dropped back on my mattress, releasing my phone somewhere near my head. I covered my face with MinBunny and let out a frustrated groan.

Why do I feel so irritated? I sat up again, rubbing my face with my palms. I took my phone in hand to dial Kyuhyun's number. This is wrong, we shouldn't be ending the day like this...

Just as I was about to press the call icon, my phone rang. I pressed to answer, holding the phone next to my ear only to listen.

"Sungmin..." I think I heard him click his tongue in frustration "Are you there?" another pause "I'm sorry... I should have called back the minute you hang up" he sounded calmer now.

I smiled the second he said sorry "No, Kyuhyunnie... Sorry, I shouldn't have done that. It was very childish of me to hang up just like that" I sighed, lying back down on my bed "I really was going to call you, but I didn't want you to think that I'm getting impatient"

Kyuhyun chuckled "I was testing you, I'm sorry. I guess I was disappointed because things didn't go the way I expected"

I rolled to lie on my belly "I'm sorry... I fell asleep"

"No... You were tired. It was the wrong time" 

We were silent for a while, just listening to each other breathe.

"S-Sungminnie?"

"Hmm?"

"Let's never end a day in a fight, okay? Let's never go to sleep mad at each other, or feeling negative against each other, huh?"

I nodded though I knew he wouldn't see it "I think that would be best"

"Truce?"

"Truce." I said with a smile "I'll get you some other time" I said and giggled.

Kyuhyun chuckled "We'll see" I didn't what to say at the moment so I waited for Kyuhyun to speak again "You said that you'll tell me why you wanted me call when we're able to talk, can you tell me now?"

"Oh... That..." I gave an awkward chuckle "Actually... I don't have anything important to say... I just want to thank you for today"

"For what?"

"For taking me out... For spending time with me... For coming over for dinner... Just---I just want to thank you for today. I'm really happy. Thank you, Kyuhyunnie..."

"Shouldn't I be the one to thank you for that? I'm happy we spent time together. I'm so happy earlier, that right now I already feel like I miss you"

My mouth was hanging open. Kyuhyun said he misses me already. I bit my lower lip, slowly lifting a hand to touch my face. Warm. I feel warm.

"Sungmin? Are you there?" he asked after waiting for a while.

"Oh, I--I'm here Kyuhyunnie"

"I said I miss you already, did you hear?"

I nodded  "Y-Yes... I heard you..." I shut my eyes tight, still biting my lower lip. I didn't know these butterflies are still somewhere in my stomach.

I heard Kyuhyun sigh from the other end of the line "I guess I should let you rest now. You must be tired" Kyuhyun said, sounding a bit tired too "Is it okay if I pick you up really early tomorrow?"

"Really early? Why?"

"I want to spend a lot of time with you before class, and before Donghae gets to steal your attention from me"

I laughed, thinking how silly what he said was "Kyuhyun, Donghae's not stealing any attention, okay?"

"You just think that, he get's to spend more time with you in school than me. Aren't you mine? You should be spending time with me"

I rubbed a palm on my forehead. Seriously, w

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter