My Senior Year : Mission, Incomplete?

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Mission, Incomplete?

"What is it that you are not telling me?"

Sungmin just kept blinking but I can tell he was mentally rolling his eyes at me. He knew he's caught. He was being too obvious anyway.

Brushing his hair back to ease him up a bit, I waited.

He then sighed. "I'm on a mission, Kyuhyunnie."

I felt my brows drawn together. " A mission?"

"Yes. A mission." He answered with a nod.

"What mission?" I asked, already keeping in thought his excessive bringing of bags.

Sungmin sat up as he gently pushed me back. "Hmmm..." He crossed his legs then scratched the side of his head.

I twisted to my side and rested on my elbow, waiting for him to continue.

"Remember a few days ago when we had breakfast up-hill, behind the soccer field?"

"Yeah... When you ate three parts of what was supposed to be the breakfast you made for me." I said with a chuckle and earned me a light slap on my arm from Sungmin.

He laughed when I yelped. "Yeah that..." Sungmin then switched to soothing the spot he just hit. "You asked me then if I was on a mission to make leaving hard for you... It wasn't my intention, but..." He suspended like he was thinking of better words to say, or how he should explain things.

"But...?" I reached for his hand and held it against my face while I continued to wait.

"I was actually thinking how we should not make our remaining days together special because it will be harder for you to leave, and I know it will be harder for me too... But..."

I sighed. "But...?" I repeated.

"But still, when you go away... I want you to just miss me all the time." Sungmin took back his hand from my hold and pulled me to sit up right in front of him. "I want you to remember me, to keep thinking of me while we're not together." He held my face between his hands. "I asked you that morning to think of me while you're away, didn't I?"

"You did... Always..." I perfectly remember how our conversation went. I took his hands with mine to twine our fingers together. "You also said I'm not allowed to think of someone else." I smiled teasingly at him.

His lower lip jutted out showing a small bit of irritation. "Only because you asked what if you have someone else to think about."

"I said something--"

"Or..." He emphasized. "Or someone else to think about." He then unlatched our hands and got up to go to his bags. "Anyway, you said that I need to make you think only about me..." He began to dig out from one of the bags.

I then nodded as I got up to walk towards him, remembering the rest of our conversation. "And you said you'll make it a mission..." So that's what's going on here. Why didn't I think about him taking that seriously?

Sungmin got up, and shook out what seem to be a shirt. "And you won't even remember your own name once I'm done making you think about me always, Cho Kyuhyun."

I must be looking confused right now... Because Sungmin was smiling widely as he showed me a shirt, but his expression was slowly turning into a frown as he stared at me. "Uh... Wow?" It was totally the wrong reaction, I know.

"Wow?" His face went blank.

"Uh... yeah... Wow... It's ah..." I tilted my head to the side to study the shirt better. "It's a shirt... With an adorable picture... Of you..." I made sure a smile was plastered on my face. "And it's pink." Sungmin almost rolled his eyes like I wasn't giving him more of the reaction he wanted. I don't get it. "That's a cute picture of you..." I don't know what else to say... Or what I want Sungmin to say...

"It's for you to wear when you go to sleep." Sungmin bent down to get something from the same bag he pulled the shirt from. "See?" He showed me a small stack of neatly folded shirts. "I had it made in different colors as well just in case you're not feeling like wearing pink--" He shook another shirt open, and then another and continued showing them to me. "--and of course I used different photos on different colors--Kyuhyunnie?"

Sungmin was so busy talking about the shirt, I was hearing him but then again, I'm not even sure what I'm listening to.

Sungmin stared at me for a few seconds more, then he gathered the shirts in his hands. "You don't like them."

"Huh?" I spaced out.

Sungmin looked like he was a bit annoyed. "The shirts. You don't like them."

I wasn't really sure if my face translated my feelings well or if Sungmin was trying to ask me if I like them or not. I took one shirt from his hand and held it in front me. "I did not say I don't like them---It's..." I don't really know what to say... It's a shirt with his face on it, and he wants me to wear it when I sleep. I can't really think about the shirts when there's four more bags on the floor that I don't have any idea what's inside of them. Analyzing the situation, the bags probably contain things that he might want me to bring to China to remind me of him.

"Is it because my face is on it?"

"What?"

"The shirts." He snatched the shirt I was holding.

"Your face? No..." I tried to take the shirt again but Sungmin crouched down and began stuffing the shirts back inside the bag. "Sungmin..." I knelt down in front of him and began pulling the shirts out of the bag as he continuously tried to put them back in. "It has nothing to do with your face--You have a very beautiful face--And like I said, I did not say I don't like them--"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter