My Senior Year : Disturbed

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Disturbed

"Can we get snacks right after this?" Kyuhyun only nodded, busy choosing the color of paint we need.

It was Friday again and I'm going to sleep over the Cho's for mine and Kyuhyunnie's project. Somehow I anticipated today for many reasons... There's seeing Mrs. Cho again and her tasty home-cooked meals... Then there's Ahra Noona... She's much fun.. And then there's the fact that it's going to be the first night I'll spend with Kyuhyun now that we're officially dating.

"I'll head up to the next isle and get brushes" Kyuhyun raised his hand without bothering to look my direction, signaling me to go ahead.

We've been in the hardware for a few minutes now, and Kyuhyun has not said a word since I came out to the porch with my things, ready to leave. We went to my place right after classes ended and he decided to wait for me while I packed my things and changed.

I don't remember anything going wrong, or neither him saying something. He didn't looked pissed-off, nor cold.

He was just... quiet.

Just as I placed three brushes inside the small grocery cart I was pushing, Kyuhyun came to stand next to me and placed 4 small cans of paint in the cart.

"Got everything we need?" I asked him and he only nodded again. I narrowed my eyes at him, he shot his eyebrows up in question when he noticed me eyeing him "Is there something wrong?" I finally decided to ask.

Kyuhyun shook his head and gave tight-lip smile.

"You've been awfully quiet since we left my house Kyuhyunnie, what's wrong?"

"No. There's nothing wrong."

I gave him an unsatisfied look.

Kyuhyun smiled a bit wider and sighed "Come on, let's pay for this. Dinner will be in an hour" He said and placed a hand on my lower back, pushing me to walk towards the cash registers.

The second we were in line, I turned to him again. There's something wrong but I just can't put my finger on it.

Kyuhyun looked down on me with that little smile tracing his lips.

I lifted my hand to his forehead "Are you feeling sick? Tell me you're fine..."

Kyuhyun held my wrist to pull my hand down, a low chuckle escaping his throat "I'm fine..."

"No. You're not... Something's wrong, you've been too quiet" I placed a hand around him to smooth his back "What are you thinking?"

"I'm not thinking of anything, other than you"

I rolled my eyes at what he said "Fine. If you don't want to say then don't." I released him and faced the line, both my hands on the cart, determined to keep this quiet game going.

"Hey, what's up?" Ahra Noona, went out to join me in the back porch. She sat to my right, lifting her legs on the porch swing, coffee mug at hand.

"Nothing much" I answered with a smile tracing my lips.

"You and Kyuhyunnie have been quiet since you got here, anything wrong?"

That's what I'm asking myself too. I shrugged "Nothing's wrong, I think."

"You think?" she gave a little laugh "Is Kyuhyun giving you mood swings?"

"Mood swings?" I tilted my head to the side and lifted one leg up on the porch swing to face Ahra Noona.

She nodded while sipping in her mug "Yes, like being quiet for no reason, not answering questions, ignoring food... Things like that..."

I pursed my lips and nodded. "Noona, we were just fine until school and ended and he accompanied me home. I went down stairs so we can leave, and he was suddenly mute. I kept thinking if I did something wrong. I was trying to calculate the time it took me to change to see if it pissed him off to wait... I was trying to recall everything i told him today, to see if I did say something wrong..."

Ahra Noona shook his head, laughing softly "Don't let it get to you. Kyuhyun acts dumb like that sometimes... I'm sure you did nothing wrong. Just try to play along with it, and act normal... Must be his time of the month"

"His time of the month?" I asked then soon realized what Ahra Noona was talking about "But Noona, Kyuhyun's not a girl" I said starting to really smile.

"That's right... Then he should stop being a , right?"

I gaped then laughed at Ahra Noona's words.

"See... That's what I've been waiting to see since you got here."

"Noona,"

"Omo! Kyuhyunnie, are you trying to kill us?" I said with a hand over my heart.

 Kyuhyun suddenly popped out from the screened window of the kitchen's back door "What have you been telling him?" he directed the question to Ahra Noona as he made his way out on the porch.

Ahra Noona began to stand up from the swing "Moi?" she dramatically placed a hand over her chest "I'm not saying anything, in fact I was just about to go back in and refill my mug" she waved her mug in the air then turned to me "I'm going up to my room, I need to go over some things, I'll see you in the morning Sungmin... And you..." Ahra Noona walked towards the door where Kyuhyun came from "Keep it down on the estrogen"

I quick burst of laughter escaped my lips at Ahra Noona's final statement.

"What the---" Kyuhyun turned to face her but she quickly closed the door and ran for the kitchen.

I was still laughing a bit when Kyuhyun sat next to me with a frown. He sat on the opposite end of the bench-style porch swing.

"Why are you still laughing?" he gave me a look that I could explain. I only shook my head and tried to let my laughter die down. "Did you enjoy the food?" he asked.

I only nodded, not smiling anymore.

Kyuhyun sighed and placed an arm across the back of the bench "Come here" I stared at him and before shaking my head slowly. He frowned again "Why not?"

I shook my again "No. You're ing."

"ing--What?!" he said with a shock "Did Noona said those words?" he said with a lop-sided smile.

I tried not to smile and nodded.

"She's a crazy person, okay? Don't listen to her... Come here..."

I placed my leg down and scooted a few inches closer.

"Closer..." he said, not satisfied with the little move I made.

I moved closer again, still more than a foot away from him.

"Closer..." he repeated, sounding a little impatient. When I moved just little, Kyuhyun pulled on my waist to completely close the distance between us.

I sighed and moved to lift and stretch my legs along the length of the porch swing, my back facing Kyuhyun. I held on to

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter