My Senior Year : Hands

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Hands

Kyuhyun was already standing in front of the vending machine when I caught up with him. I stood right next to him, staring at the selection of drinks as well.

"You could've stayed there" he said not casting me a glance.

"But I wanted to come with you..."

That caught his attention "You wanted to?"

"Yup. What drink do you think Sunny would like?"

He scoffed. "How will I know? We don't even talk that much."

"You don't talk much to anyone Cho Kyuhyun."

"I don't see any point why I should" he started vending a drink for himself.

"But you talk to me a lot, right?" I tilted my head to see his face. Hmm.. Is there any special reason to that?

He crouched to pick up his drink before he answered "Uh-huh..."

"Do you have any special reasons why?" I started inserting coins in the machine.

Kyuhyun wasn't answering. He's really not giving out hints, he's not even trying to give me clues.

I waited for him to answer. I moved closer to the machine and selected a drink. I bent down to gather the drink from where it dropped. I spun, I was surprised that Kyuhyun was standing right in front of me. Close. Extremely close.

Two steps back and I was already leaning flat against the machine. "Kyuhyun, if you don't want to answer my question, I'm fine with that." I was going to walk towards my right side but Kyuhyun blocked me with his arm, forcefully pressing his left palm on the machine. "Let's go back inside, they're waiting." I said without facing him.

With his right hand Kyuhyun grabbed my shoulder to press my back against the machine one more time.

Is this the answer I was waiting for? My heart started beating fast. I knew it. I wouldn't be prepared when something like this would happen. Well, I kinda asked for this, right? I want to hear Kyuhyun speak up. And when he does, I want to show him that I am not afraid to listen so he won't have to be afraid to say anything.

Kyuhyun placed his other palm on the machine next to my face, blocking both sides. I swallowed. This isn't the time to get weak. My knees wanted to wobble and my heart wanted to jump. But I'm going to keep it up. I pushed myself off the machine and stood straight in front of him, inches away from Kyuhyun's face. I met his eyes that were piercing right through me.

Cho Kyuhyun... What are you planning to do? Are you going to get us in trouble?

Kyuhyun opened his mouth to speak, only to close it again when someone cleared his throat, earning an angry look both from me and Kyuhyun.

It was the student that was guarding the auditorium's back door the other week. Yesung, was it? He held both of his hands up in front of him, like he was on guard "I come in peace, I just-- I just need to get a drink." He laughed awkwardly.

Kyuhyun dragged his arms down, giving me a once-over, before grabbing my empty hand to walk towards the lounge.

Kyuhyun half dragged me on our way. He was walking ahead of me and I was left to follow along behind him, staring at our linked hands. I guess any student that would see us will only think that Kyuhyun was only pulling me to walk, but it felt different. Kyuhyun held my hand tight, squeezing it closer to his palms, his thumb rubbing where it touched.

Donghae looked up from watching Sunny writing something down. "Hey, what took you guys so long?" Donghae said, obviously suppressing a smile when his eye caught on Kyuhyun's hand linked with mine.

We stood there, still not sitting. Kyuhyun was still holding my hand which is starting to feel awkward.

I tried to pull my hand from his hold. "We just--" Kyuhyun held my hand tighter "We just had a hard time-" I kept pulling my hand "-picking a drink-"

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter