My Senior Year : The Lake

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : The Lake

"Omo!" I exclaimed when I opened the door of our small bathroom to step outside. "Kyuhyunnie, what are you doing there?"

I couldn't step out of the bathroom because Kyuhyun was blocking my way. His arms were placed on both sides of the door frame, leaning over me. "Are you done?"

I pulled my brows together and rolled my eyes from left to right "Uh... My hair is wet and I'm in my PJs... And if you couldn't tell I just brushed my teeth. So I guess I'm done"

"Oh..." he nodded "You brushed your teeth? Are you sure?"

I chuckled and pushed him out of my way "I know what you're trying to do mister." I headed for my bed and dried my hair with the small towel that was hanging from my shoulders.

Kyuhyun threw the shirt he took off on me from behind "Don't even think of taking all the space on our bed. I'm gonna sleep there when I'm done." He said when I turned to him, then entered the bathroom for his evening shower.

I threw his shirt over by the other bed along with my towel and spread out the folded sheets. I positioned myself in the middle of the bed and laid there with my arms and legs spread out.

I stared at the ceiling and it was only then that I realized my heart was beating really fast. Why so? Was the shower I took that invigorating for me to feel like this?

I closed my eyes and waited for my racing heart to calm down.

Too soon, I heard the water stop from inside the bathroom. I quickly pushed myself up and turned my head towards the bathroom behind me.

Kyuhyun is coming out soon.

I quickly went back to my previous position and spread myself even more over the bed. I don't think it's a good idea to share the bed with Kyuhyun right now.

I and bit my lips, trying to listen to what he was doing in the bathroom. I heard him clink his toothbrush on the side of the sink.

He's going to come out soon. I gave out one quick sigh and closed my eyes pulling the blanket up to my chest, forming an 'X' under it with my body. I guess playing asleep won't hurt.

The bathroom door opened and I heard him flick off the light switch. From my side I felt him walking around by the other bed. He must've been doing something with his stuff.

After a short while, I heard some zipping and I can feel from the hood of my eyes that the lights were switched from the main light to a small night light on the small table where we placed some snacks we brought for the camp. Then it was quiet. What now?

I really want to open my eyes but I'm scared that he could be watching me and find out I'm not sleeping.

"I know you're not sleeping" I snapped my eyes open when Kyuhyun suddenly plopped himself down on bed.

I pulled the sheets up to my face, keeping my hands under my chin with a tight grip on the soft thin fabric over me "Go away." My eyes bulged out a bit when I noticed that he wasn't wearing a shirt. Okay... Maybe I should've kept my eyes closed.

"Move over"

"No! This is my bed." I said and closed my eyes. It was for the best. I could still remember when I got haunted by his exposed shoulder during the time when he was hospitalized "We have two beds here, sleep on that bed."

"No way! This is my bed too." Kyuhyun said and wiggled to push me towards the wall.

"Yah! Cho Kyuhyun!!!" I whispered impatiently.

"You did not just say that"

Too late. He was still sitting on the bed, his foot hanging from the side of it, but his torso was already on top of me, trapping me under the blanket.

"You really like saying my name like that" Kyuhyun whispered as his face hovered mine.

"Kyuhyun... Please put a shirt on..." I said, uneasy.

Kyuhyun his lips and smirked "But it's hot here... I don't even know why you have this blanket over you" He said, suddenly pulling down the said blanket.

I gasped when my hands that were trapped between our chests touched his skin. I tried to move to my side and slide away from him "K-Kyuhyunnie~~ Please wear something to sleep"

He placed his hand on my sides "But I am wearing something. Come on and move over... I want to go to sleep." Kyuhyun bent lower and touched his lips to my cheek.

"If you really want this bed, I can go sleep on the other bed"

"No. We're sleeping together. I told you already, you can not kick me out of our bed." Kyuhyun said, lifting his legs on the bed to position it between mine that were still tangled with the sheets "Are you uncomfortable that I'm on top of you right now?" he whispered with a teasing smile "What are you thinking Sungmin?"

"I---I'm not thinking anything."

"You're face is very red right now. Are you feeling hot as well?" Kyuhyun brought one hand down and traced the hem of the black tank I was wearing "It could help you cool down if you take this off."

I felt my eyes almost popping out of my head. "Yah... What are you doing?"

He then laughed and rolled to his side next to me.

I was left staring up at the ceiling, sweat peppering my forehead, my throat dry. 

"That face was priceless" he was still laughing when I felt him turn to his side, facing me.

I huffed out some air and turned to him "Stop teasing me like that!" I slapped his arm, but instead of showing a pained expression, he laughed more.

"Ow..." He said  rubbing his arm "Why are you even like that?" He couldn't stop laughing "I'm not gonna do anything. Are you afraid that I'd ask you to do something you don't like?"

I stared at his face and watched as his laughter faded. He stared back, then tucked my hair away from my face.

"I will take care of you Sungmin. We're not going to do anything that you don't like" He scooted forward and slid an arm under my head "I just want to sleep next to you. I'm sorry if I keep wanting to touch you or hug you, it's just that I want to feel you next to me because I'm going to miss you when I go away..."

I lifted my hand to his cheek "I'm going to miss you too Kyuhyunnie..." I smiled and moved closer to him "I still don't know how I'm going to thank Donghae for giving us this time to be together"

Kyuhyun lifted an eyebrow "I'm actually surprised when Appa called me over to tell me that Donghae gave up this trip"

I wrapped my arm around his bare torso and kissed his chin "You better stop being an ogre when we're having lunch with Donghae"

Kyuhyun pouted and rolled his eyes "He's still a clutz."

I shrugged and let Kyuhyun pull me closer to him "Well, that's Donghae..." I said with a chuckle. "Kyuhyunnie~~?"

"Hmm?" He said, studying my face carefully.

"Put a shirt on."

He closed his eyes and pulled me closer, pressing my body to his. "Sleep."

"Hey Sungmin!"

"Oh hi Yesung!" I sat on the table next to his, stretching my neck up to see the students serving food by the buffet table "Why are those students serving meals?"

Yesung looked over to where I pointed "Them? They were the students who got caught swimming at the lake last night. It's a good thing Ryeowook and I decided not to join them" He faced me and looked around "Where's Cho Kyuhyun?"

"Oh, he's over there, getting food." I pointed a thumb towards where I thought Kyuhyun was "So, those students... That's their punishment?"

Yesung nodded and turned side ways on his chair to face me "That's what the camp leaders say. But it's enjoying to do that. We got caught the previous year too. It was fun to help make food, serve and then clean up. It's some sort of bonding between those who came to camp"

I nodded "I guess it's okay if Kyuhyun and I get caught" I mumbled.

"You and Cho Kyuhyun? Are you planning to swim at the lake tonight too? Coz me and Ryeowook will be swimming tonight as well..."

"Hey! Why are you telling other students about our plan tonight?" The skinny student from yesterday said as he sat in front of Yesung, putting down his tray of food.

"Oh come on, he's not just any student. He's Cho Kyuhyun's partner"

I smiled hearing how Yesung said I was Cho Kyuhyun's partner. I knew he meant it some other way but to me it means differently. "Hi there..." I said to the student in front of Yesung.

"Ryeowook, this is Sungmin. Sungmin, my camp buddy, Ryeowook" Yesung faced Ryeowook "He's a new student in the senior batch"

Ryeowook nodded and extended his hand towards me "Oh. you're that new student. I've been seeing you around and I was thinking why Cho Kyuhyun was hanging out with a freshie. Never thought you were a senior. You enjoying camp so far?" He said, handing out food to Yesung.

I nodded "It's something new to me. So far, it's fun. Very different from our nature in school."

"It is... We should totally hang out. I'm sure you'd want to meet more student, right?" Ryeowook asked, looking over to Yesung for agreement.

"Yeah we should do that. I hope Cho Kyuhyun would not mind" Yesung followed up.

"I'm sure he won't mind. I think it would be great to hang out... We're at cabin 33, nearest the lake. You can drop in if you have nothing to do" I said and smiled. I'm sure it would be good to have new friends over.

I was startled when Kyuhyun suddenly placed a bottle of juice in front of me.

"Hey..." I said, looking up to him.

Kyuhyun placed food in front of me, eyeing the students on the next table.

"Kyuhyun-ssi..." Ryeowook started "We're just talking to Sungmin here..."

"Just asking him if he wanted to hang out while we're here" Yesung added.

Kyuhyun didn't respond but instead sat in fornt of me, but it seemed like Ryeowook and Yesung was waiting for him to say something.

"I invited them to hangout with us, when they have nothing to do..." I lifted both eyebrows at Kyuhyun as he stared at me.

There goes his ogre-attitude again. He gave me a questioning look, unsure of what I want.

"Say something" I mouthed.

He blinked and then sighed "I guess we could hang out" He said coldly.

I frowned at him then smiled apologetically, facing Ryeowook and Yesung "Just feel free to drop in anytime"

They both nodded and after that, we all ate in peace.

"Is it bad to have other people to hang out with?" I asked after Kyuhyun asked me why I invited other students over to our cabin.

We didn't get too much time to talk after eating lunch because Ryeowook and Yesung were pretty much everywhere.

We even shared the same boat during the afternoon, catching some fish to grill for dinner by the bonfire.

"But they're taking up the time I have to spend with you" Kyuhyun said as he locked the door to our cabin.

I pushed myself up and sat by the window "It's not bad to have other people around. It's actually nice. And it will be much nicer if you interact more"

Kyuhyun walked over to me and situated himself between my legs, his back to me, holding a bag of chips in his hands.

I wrapped my arms around him and pressed my chin on his shoulder "Why are you so aloof? It's not like they're not being nice to you... And no one is going to steal me away from you"

Kyuhyun chewed on his chips and fed me some over his shoulder "I just don't like it when I don't have your full attention. Especially now that I'll be gone for a few months."

"Stop being possessive" I laughed and kiss

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter