My Senior Year : Hold Tight

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Hold Tight

All eyes were directed to us the moment we entered. Cho Kyuhyun... No... Kyuhyunnie and I skipped a subject together.

Is this how it feels to skip class? It was the first time I did it and I did it with Kyuhyunnie. I mentally giggled.

I headed towards my seat and he sat on his. I had my head down because everyone was still looking at us. Exchanging looks. Some of them whispering things to one another.

'Yah Sungmin-ah! Why did you skip class with Kyuhyun-ssi?" Donghae elbowed me, making me look at him.

I tried not to smile and shook my head "It's nothing..."

"Nothing? Yeah, Sungmin-ah I haven't known you for so long but you... You are like the worst liar ever. Where did you go?" Donghae tried getting closer waiting for me to answer.

"Donghae... It's nothing"

"Yah... I looked over MinBunny for you, you should at least tell me where you went when Kyuhyun-ssi was pulling you like that in the hallway. The two of you got so much attention" he said trying to keep his voice down.

"We went to the Music Hall"

Donghae's eyes widened.

"Why? Is it such a surprise?" I asked him, confused.

'I told you already he usually goes there during breaks or whenever he skips classes! And not once did he invited anyone to come with him. He's the only one who goes there. Well, unless of course, if we have functions or activities held there. Yah... What did you two do in there?"

So that's what he's been doing all along. Skipping classes to play the piano. The old notebook I saw on his table before must be a music sheet.

"Sungmin-ah~~" Donghae called for me to answer his question, an awkward aegyo.

"Donghae, I can't tell" I shook my head and laughed a bit.

"Why not?" he lifted his glasses up his nose.

"It's a secret" I only smiled at Donghae. Then seeing Kyuhyunnie past Donghae's shoulder, looking at us, made me sit back straight.

I'm so thankful that our next teacher came in. It would prevent Donghae from asking questions. He didn't need to know what went on in the Music Hall anyway. Well maybe I can tell him a part of it, but not all of it.

My tears have long stopped when we parted from that hug. Looking into his eyes, I smiled at Cho Kyuhyun and he did the same.

"You remember?" he asked tilting his head to side.

I nodded "Kyuhyunnie..." I shyly said and smiled widely.

"Yah! Kyuhyun... I told you to call me Kyuhyun only"

"Okay Kyuhyun only!" I said jokingly.

"Kyuhyun!!!" he said with force.

"Alright! I know, I get it" I laughed at him "Kyuhyun"

"That's better"

"Kyuhyunnie~~" I batted my lashes saying it, I think it will irritate him a bit.

"Yah! I'm not 5 anymore, it really doesn't fit! And... and don't do that! Don't act cute! It doesn't suit you!"

I laughed at him. He placed his hand back on the piano and played with the keys, pressing them one by one. We were silent for a while, I only stared at what he was doing.

"I'm getting my cast removed tomorrow" he said out of no where.

"Oh? That's good"

"I won't be able to come to school because of it" he continued to press on random keys.

I kept silent and stared at my hands that were resting on my lap. I didn't know what to say to him.

I feel happy that I met a good friend from when I was younger. He is not really the same Kyuhyunnie from before but I remember his promises and he kept all of it. I don't know what to say, I've been not too nice to him and yet, all along he was going to keep his promises.

"Hey, listen..." He started to speak again "Umma... She really wants to see you. She felt a bit sad when Appa told her that you seem to have forgotten who we were. I know she wants to see you so do you think..." he scratched his head "Maybe... You..." he rubbed the back of his ears "Like maybe you should..." he rubbed his palm on his leg.

"Kyuhyunnie!"

"Thatmaybeyoushouldcomeovertoourplacethisweekend?'

"Yah..." I partly laughed "Will you speak slower and try to breathe when you talk?"

"Well I'm just saying. Come over to our place this weekend. I know Umma will be happy if she sees you." he continued to rub his palms on his leg.

"Should I?" I pretend to be thinking, making him look at me.

"It's up to you. You know I plan to pick up my motorcycle from your place this weekend. Maybe you can come with me when I do that."

"I don't know, I still have to ask Halmeoni about it... I don't think she will let me out, let alone ride a motorcycle" I saw a glint of disappointment on his face.

"I understand" then he nodded.

"What Donghae said was true? You really skipped class Sungmin?" Hyukkie kept his eyes on the road.

"Skipped class with none other than the Cho Kyuhyun" Donghae added from where he sat in the back.

I fiddled with MinBunny's ear on my lap. "You guys! It's just that there was something important we had to talk about. It's something about my past"

"What about your past that I don't know?" Hyukkie said.

"Principal Cho. He was the one who found me when I was kidnapped. I'm still not clear on everything but his family were the ones who took me in and took care of me while they were looking for Halmeoni."

"Mwo!? You knew them from back then?" Donghae said scooting forward, his glasses falling between me and Hyukkie in the process.

I reached for Donghae's glasses and handed it back to him "Yes. It all made sense now. Why everyone seem to remember each other from back then. Why Principal Cho gave me a special treatment. Why I was enrolled there. Everything." I sat back and looked out the window, Donghae and Hyukkie's voice becoming just a noise in the background as I got lost in my own thoughts.

Everything did make sense. Cho Kyuhyun appearing wherever I am, bugging me even.

It was all because of the past and his promises. To protect me, keep me out of danger.

He was watching over me all this time.

Kyuhyunnie...

During dinner I told Halmeoni about how I was suddenly a

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter