My Senior Year : Uncomfortable Again

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Uncomfortable Again 

"Are you okay now Sungmin?" Ms. Kim asked as she eyed me and Kyuhyun in front of her desk.

It's almost lunch time and we've been missing in class for almost 4 hours.

When Kyuhyun said that we should head back to class, I suddenly felt nervous. It's my first time cutting class and I really don't lie that well.

"Hey..." Kyuhyun nudged my elbow when I did not respond to Ms. Kim's question.

"Huh?" I faced him and Ms. Kim flustered, then laughed awkwardly "Y-Yes... Yes, Ms. Kim, I'm okay now."

Ms. Kim narrowed her eyes at Kyuhyun, soon after looking at me. I must be sweating. She nodded slowly.

Why do I feel like the whole class is eyeing me well from behind. I think they can all tell that we cut classes.

"Okay. Go back to your seats." Ms. Kim said, though she sounded unsatisfied... Or maybe displeased.

We walked down the center aisle, going back to our seats. He placed a hand on the small of my back and leaned forward a bit "Relax will you?" He whispered from behind me.

I looked back at him before going to my seat. "This is you fault!" I whispered at him, furious.

I heard him chuckle from behind me when we parted to take our seats.

As soon as I sat, Donghae leaned to his side, facing me. "You bad student!" He whispered with a knowing smile "Where were you staying? The music hall?"

"Donghae! Be Quiet!" I said covering my face with the book I just pulled out from my backpack.

"We are definitely having lunch together Sungmin. You have lots to tell me."

"No I don't have lots to tell you."

"And now you're lying really well?" Donghae narrowed his eyes at me. "You'll be paying for my dessert!"

"Fine! Fine! Sit properly before Ms. Kim notices us!"

"So? We're you able to confess?" Donghae said the second we placed our food trays on the table.

"What are you---Donghae!" I snapped back at him, after sitting down "He was sick, how is that the right time to confess?"

"Lee Sungmin, you two were together for almost four days. Plus, you said you two were left alone for most of it. Surely everything's different now." He said, very matter of fact.

"If things were going to be any different, I wish it'd be less awkward than before we confessed this morni---"

"MWO?!" Donghae slammed both his palms on the table "You two confe---"

Thank heavens I was able to stuff Donghae's mouth with a cupcake just before he announces to the whole school what I just accidentally told him.

Donghae pulled the cupcake out of his mouth and bit on it before leaning towards me over the table. "You two confessed this morning?" He whispered, looking at me like he couldn't believe anything.

"Well... Uh... We... We did..." I bit my lips, smiling while staring at the food in front of me.

"Am I the first to know about this?"

I nodded shyly. "I told you Donghae, it was just this morning."

"Oh my God! Sungmin! This is..." Donghae scratched that spot near his eyebrows again "This is... Big news?"

"Hey!" I lifted a finger in front of him "You can't say anything to anyone. okay?" I eyed him cautiously "Not even Hyukkie... I will tell him myself."

"Alright. I promise." Donghae animatedly zipped his lips and crossed his heart. "I won't tell anyone. But Sungmin... You guys confessed, does that mean you two will be permanently dating now? Just because two people confessed to each other, doesn't mean they're officially dating."

Of course. Donghae's right. Either between me and Kyuhyun said that we're now dating... Err... Exclusively... Officially... Not like I want to date someone else. "Donghae... Do you think that would be a problem?"

"Hmm..." Donghae bit on the cupcake again, thinking "Between the two of you? I think not. I'm sure you have eyes for Kyuhyun-ssi only, right?" He asked emphasizing the word 'only'.

I didn't need to think about it. "Of course."

"Then everyone can tell that in our entire lives spent here in school, you are the only person, not just student, but person that Mr. Cho Kyuhyun has given attention to. And you are getting lots of it." Donghae nodded, satisfied with his own conclusions.

"So, are you saying that we don't have to clear that up?"

"It's always up to you Sungmin. Do you think you still have to?" He asked seriously.

I eyed the food in front of me again. I really don't know. I guess Kyuhyun and I, we're doing fine now. We confessed, we understand each other's feelings. For now, I don't think I can ask for more. This is fine. I smiled to myself and started eating. Kyuhyunnie and I will be okay.

"Sungmin do you think you can meet Sunny at the library and help her with the books we need for later? I have to see Ms. Kim and ask her about that camp thing that she discussed this morning."

Camp thing? See, I think I missed a lot just because Kyuhyun and I cut classes. "Okay, Donghae. I'll see you in class then?"

"I won't take long, I'll meet you there." Donghae walked the opposite direction and I headed to the library to meet Sunny.

"Hi there Sungmin!" Sunny greeted when she saw me "You're here to help me with the books, right? Donghae prompted with a text message saying you're the one who's coming to help."

"He did? Then it's fine. Yeah, I will be the one helping you. How's the written report doing?" I asked Sunny as we headed for the aisle we're taking books from.

"It's doing great. Donghae and I worked together well. We did video chat so we don't have to spend longer time typing." I nodded at the thought while Sunny took a few books from her list.

Video chat. Means they can see each other though they're not together. I haven't really tried that. Sounds interesting.

"How about you and Kyuhyun Oppa?" Sunny asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"Huh? What about me and Kyuhyun? There's nothing about me and Kyuhyun." I said quickly.

"I mean the draft Sungmin" Sunny laughed a bit, looking at me like she found me silly "How's the draft?"

"Oh the draft! Of course you were asking about the draft." I slapped her shoulder with too much force, making her sway to the side "The draft is fine. It's done."

"That means we can show it for approval later, right?" I nodded "I brought my laptop with me, I think you and Kyuhyun should see it too, and then you can give your opinions about it."

"I guess so. Let's just work on it together in the lounge" I said, taking the books from Sunny's hold.

"Sure thing." She said and continued scanning the shelves for books.

Donghae was already in class when Sunny and I got b

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter