My Senior Year : Gotcha!

My Senior Year
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

My Senior Year : Gotcha!

"Sungmin!"

Donghae walked in on me on the rooftop, I hurriedly stood up and dusted off my clothes.

"Oh my God, Sungmin are you okay?" Donghae hooked his arm with mine, holding me up,

Funny... I can't seem to stand up by myself...

"What happened to you? I've been looking for you all over?" Donghae made me face him, holding me at arms length "Have you been crying?" Donghae took a hanky out from his pocket and wiped my face.

Have I been crying? I don't really know... I think tears dried up on my face.

"Sungmin, what have you been doing here for the past 4 hours?" Donghae started to fix my hair "Lunch is way over and the program resumed right after" Donghae held both my hands in his "Sungmin... Talk to me... What happened to you?"

What happened to me anyway? 4 hours? Have I been here that long? 

"Sungmin..."

I stepped forward and rested my forehead on Donghae's shoulder. He just stood there not moving. He waited for another minute before he took out his phone from his pocket. I watched him punch in a few buttons as he placed one hand on my shoulder and then waited for an answer from the other line.

"Eunhyuk-ah... Yes It's me... Listen... Do you think you can pick up Sungmin from school now? I think he's not feeling well" He eyed me for a few seconds "I'm sure it's best for him to rest... Okay... How long will it take you?" Donghae nodded as he listened "Okay... We'll be in the waiting area by the parking lot... Yeah... You too, take care... Alright... See you"

Donghae hooked his arm again with mine "Come on..." he started to pull on me "Let's get your things ready, Hyukkie will be here in 20 minutes"

The loud applause can be heard from the auditorium. Another student must have finished performing again. I sat next to Donghae by the waiting area in the school's parking lot. It was a bit windy and dust is being blown from everywhere.

Donghae who was sitting next to me, sneezed for the fifth time "At this rate I'm gonna get sicker than you are" he scratched his nose and checked his watch "Did you check your things in your bag?"

I nodded weakly keeping my eyes on the ground.

"Sungmin... I'm not really sure what happened to you..." Donghae started seriously "But if you need to talk to someone, you can talk to me, okay?"

I can feel Donghae eyeing me but I don't really know why I can't produce an answer right now.

It's like I can't talk.

I feel like if I say something, I'll start to choke and cry some more.

"Donghae! Sungmin!" I slowly lifted my gaze to see Sunny coming towards me and Donghae from inside the school building. "You guys! I've been looking all over for you..."

"Sunny, we're sorry. We left the auditorium because Sungmin is feeling sick" Donghae filled in Sunny.

"Oh he is?" she then turned to me "Are you okay Sungmin?" Sunny took a seat on my other side "You're not having a fever, are you?"

Sunny placed a hand on my forehead and then she used the back of her hand to feel my neck

"Well you don't feel hot..." she looked at my face "But you do look very tired and... your eyes are a bit puffy... Have you been crying Sungmin?"

Donghae cleared his throat loudly calling both mine and Sunny's attention. Sunny looked at Donghae and she looked the other way, but  I still kept my gaze on the ground.

"Oh hey, look it's Kyuhyun Oppa!" Sunny and Donghae both stood up to acknowledge Kyuhyun who was going to pass by us.

I watched him walk pass us but he didn't even spare any of us glance.

"Okay... That was awkward..." Sunny said as she sat back down "Are you guys going to stay here until later?"

"Not really, I'll accompany Sungmin until Hyukkie is here to pick him up, then I'll go back inside" Donghae responded.

"Oh... Then I'll head back" Sunny stood in front of me and she smoothed my hair with a gentle hand "Sungmin, please get better, okay? I still have to thank you for saving again, this time from Taeyeon" she smiled.

I only nodded.

Just as Sunny walked back inside, Hyukkie entered the parking lot and stopped the car in front of me and Donghae. Without turning of the engine, he quickly went down and checked on me.

"Hey, what's wrong Sungminnie? Are you really sick?" Hyukkie started to feel my temperature too.

I shook my head and stood up "Let's go home" I said almost silently.

Donghae offered to carry my bag and walked me to my side of the door. Hyukkie stepped in and I opened the car door.

"Thanks" I whispered to Donghae.

"It's nothing Sungmin... Please just rest and feel better soon"

I nodded and started to step inside the car, but before completely getting I caught a glimpse of Kyuhyun from somewhere in the middle of the parking lot.

He was already straddling his motorcycle. When our eyes met he put on his helmet and started his engine to avoid my gaze.

I decided to just get inside the car. The sooner we get home, the sooner this will all be over.

"Our Sungminnie is really not hungry?" Halmeoni asked upon entering my room.

I turned in my bed to face the opposite way, hugging MinBunny tighter. Trying my best to ignore Halmeoni and pretend I'm asleep.

I felt Halmeoni sat down on my bed, her back on my headboard, she started to my hair.

"What's wrong with MinBunny this time?"

I was surprised that Halmeoni asked about MinBunny.

I sighed. Without opening my eyes, I faced Halmeoni's direction, shifted on my bed then lifted my head so I will be resting it on Halmeoni's lap.

Halmeoni continued to my hair with one hand, her other hand tapped my shoulder, lulling me to sleep.

"Is MinBunny hurt?"

I opened my eyes, to blink off the tears that started to form again. I think I've cried enough.

"MinBunny, if you let it out, it will all be okay soon..."

I clutched MinBunny tighter and started to silently let the tears fall from my eyes.

"It will be okay MinBunny..." It was all that Halmeoni said.

We stayed that way until I fell asleep. She never questioned me nor asked me to talk.

"Sungmin... Sungminnie..."

I opened my eyes to see who calling me.

It was Umma.

Umma pulled my hand as I stepped out of my bedroom door and entered a garden.

"It's here..."

"Umma... What's here?" I asked her "Is it Appa?"

Umma continued to pull my hand, she turned her face to me and smiled. Umma looked really beautiful.

"It's here Sungminnie..." Umma was taking around a garden that looked a bit familiar to me. We passed by sculpted statues and there was a slightly huge fountain among the landscaped paths.

"Right here Sungminnie..." Umma stopped walking. Though it actually seemed like she was floating. Ghost much, Umma?

Umma and I stood behind one of the sculpted statues. Umma made me face one direction and made me face a window.

I spun to ask Umma "Umma, what's right he-- Umma?" She was not around anymore? "Umma?" I spun once again.

I was surprised when Appa was in front of me this time. "Appa!"

Appa held his hand out "Come on Sungminnie... Hurry..."

I took Appa's hand and let him pull me somewhere.

"Appa where are we going?" I tried to ask as Appa dragged me fast.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter